Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got a call from Tesla in Nevada. I am scheduled to take delivery in Portland OR on 9/11 VIN number 97,xxx. It's hard to believe that it's actually happening but I'm so happy. See my signature for configuration details. The estimator said I would be taking delivery 11/9. I like this reverse of numbers.

4/1/16 Reservation
6/27 Ordered, 5:30 pm
7/19 Confirmed all details on site.
7/24 Ordered white seats.
7/27 am called. Confirmed changes are waiting to be put in system.
8/20 Order confirmed, changes made to account, all pricing correct, edit button gone.
9/11 scheduled delivery in PDX

Reactions: TechSavvyWife
I just got a call from Tesla in Nevada. I am scheduled to take delivery in Portland OR on 9/11 VIN number 97,xxx. It's hard to believe that it's actually happening but I'm so happy. See my signature for configuration details. The estimator said I would be taking delivery 11/9. I like this reverse of numbers.

4/1/16 Reservation
6/27 Ordered, 5:30 pm
7/19 Confirmed all details on site.
7/24 Ordered white seats.
7/27 am called. Confirmed changes are waiting to be put in system.
8/20 Order confirmed, changes made to account, all pricing correct, edit button gone.
9/11 scheduled delivery in PDX

Wheel type?

Reactions: UtahIsRad
I don't have a VIN yet, they said friday or saturday. Boy getting a big cashier's check with 1 day before the labor day holiday was a fun adventure. (I'm not a fan of just ACHing Tesla $70k sight unseen). Sorry to hear your trouble getting your car, I hope I have better luck but I'm sure for you it will pay off with a flawless delivery and vehicle!

I hope so! Congrats again!

Greetings folks

Non-P AWD/Sport Wheels/White Seats waiters, I have good news! That is my config, and I got the call early this morning, with pickup first thing 9/4 (day after labor day) from Freemont. According to the Order Tracker spreadsheet I'm the first in that config to get a delivery date. So if you are still waiting hopefully the dam has broken!
When did you order yours?

I'm thinking about switching back from performance to AWD again... Since they announced they would only be giving track mode to P3D+ cars. So essentially it appears it will be 11k to go slightly faster from around 30mph to 60 mph since both cars are about the same to 30mph. I'm having a hard time justifying that 11k now. Free supercharging really adds nothing for me right now. Might leave off the sport wheels and FSD this time too just because it pisses me off they are removing features so I feel like I should also remove features...from my order.

Bad Tesla...

If I switch back to my AWD config. Will I still get the car before the end of the year (5/17 reservation)? Everyone I know that's been waiting on their cars has them at this point!

Last edited:
I'm thinking about switching back from performance to AWD again... Since they announced they would only be giving track mode to P3D+ cars. So essentially it appears it will be 11k to go slightly faster from around 30mph to 60 mph since both cars are about the same to 30mph. I'm having a hard time justifying that 11k now. Free supercharging really adds nothing for me right now. Might leave off the sport wheels and FSD this time too just because it pisses me off they are removing features so I feel like I should also remove features...from my order.

Bad Tesla...

If I switch back to my AWD config. Will I still get the car before the end of the year (5/17 reservation)? Everyone I know that's been waiting on their cars has them at this point!

Ordered AWD on 8/12 and done about 9 config changes since then (18 to 19 to18 ... and interior color). Edit button gone yesterday, must have triggered the right configuration... :)

Reactions: S5S5G6
I'm tempted to update to Performance. Any experience for doing that? Did anyone get the VIN assigned faster?

I went AWD Performance on August 1st. Had to email request due to no edit button. (Due to cash payment). Opted on August 10th to use edit loophole and change myself due to no response from Tesla. On August 27th I opted to go Performance upgrade package and white interior. Got call next day

I haven't had an edit design link since choosing cash as payment method, but when I use the URL trick to edit design, it still works.

So I just tried the URL trick. But I don't want to change anything regarding the design. I just want to change my payment method. Is there a trick for that? Or do I just continue the painful wait for Tesla to reach out?

Last edited:
Still seeing

Bad Tesla...

Not sure where you heard that they’re the same to 30mph. It’s the opposite. They’re the same from 30-60, but dramatically different 0-30.

AWD and RWD are about the same 0-30

Reactions: TechSavvyWife
I don't have a VIN yet, they said friday or saturday. Boy getting a big cashier's check with 1 day before the labor day holiday was a fun adventure. (I'm not a fan of just ACHing Tesla $70k sight unseen). Sorry to hear your trouble getting your car, I hope I have better luck but I'm sure for you it will pay off with a flawless delivery and vehicle!

You can ACH at delivery. I did that for my big down payment. I spent an hour checking out the vehicle and then made the down payment. No need for trip to bank. Picked up vehicle on Monday so I doubt they’ve changed the policy.

• Informative
Reactions: abasile
Quick question for anyone: I'm editing the AWD / Performance Order Tracking sheet form to minimize entry errors.

Do you prefer a Google login (with email) so that you can edit your existing record?

A login is required for the "edit" option, otherwise you have to re-enter everything each time you want to update, like a new user (currently, I check for dupe usernames and delete the older record).

If you don't have or want a Google account, that would mean you don't support this feature.

Please let me know (you can also PM me if you like to avoid filling up this thread).

Also, any other requests? I'm going to add Performance PUP option selection, and actual delivery date vs. original delivery date.

Thanks!

• Informative
Reactions: Argyle and gtbuzz
So I just tried the URL trick. But I don't want to change anything regarding the design. I just want to change my payment method. Is there a trick for that? Or do I just continue the painful wait for Tesla to reach out?

For any changes to license, payment, insurance or registration details you have to talk with your DA. Anything on that product-finalize screen basically.

• Helpful
Reactions: fallen888