Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One day I may even figure out how to read that spreadsheet! For now, I just need to figure out how to edit my entry, and can't even do that!

No worries, @EVnut. You can't "edit" your entry, you can only re-enter your info here. I just got edit access to the form so will try and figure out how it can pull up your existing info instead of having to retype (anybody done this before?)

As for the table I replied with, it's showing that of the configs with black interior and 18" wheels, there are 83 AWD orders for blue exterior and 64 for white. The earliest blue got a VIN or delivery date for July 24th, and there was a white VIN or delivery date of July 21st (so almost the same). The last two columns are for Performance (these headings don't show on my screen shot, so understandable you couldn't figure that out).

This chart doesn't really show how many VINs and/or Delivery dates have been given for each colour, only the first. So I made a chart for you:

upload_2018-8-30_9-33-16.png

This shows that of the 174 orders with blue exterior, 26 (15%) have received a VIN or Delivery date. Of the 121 choosing white exterior, 30 (25%) have received a VIN or Delivery date - so white is getting delivery quicker than blue all other things being equal. Of course, we know that all other things aren't equal. White may have more orders with people who reserved Day 1, or live in States getting cars more quickly, or have the right tire selection. There really are tons of permutations.

Hope this helps!

• Informative
Reactions: abasile
I don't think it means anything other than they finally got your order into the system. I was one of the "lucky" ones and my email change only took two weeks to process (by 8/10). Since then. Absolute silence.
I understand that order modifications hold up the VIN matching and delivery process. Once the modifications have been processed, you move forward. I was told on the phone that I have. DA but no VIN yet. I’m hoping these aren’t just a coincidence and that somebody is finally owning my order. I don’t recall the time between DA assignment and VIN/delivery activities.

I understand that order modifications hold up the VIN matching and delivery process. Once the modifications have been processed, you move forward. I was told on the phone that I have. DA but no VIN yet. I’m hoping these aren’t just a coincidence and that somebody is finally owning my order. I don’t recall the time between DA assignment and VIN/delivery activities.
I was told i had a DA last week when i called in to check on order status. Called in yesterday and was told i didn't have a DA and that a VIN would trigger everything to fall in place. She went on to say that she couldn't really tell me anything else about the current state of my account. She also went on to say that my car was in production.

I wonder what is going on with my account. The first person i spoke with told me the name (first and last) of my DA and said he was probably just waiting for my VIN before contacting me. If they are still going by 6-8 week for contact from DA, i am on week 9 lol

This is what's maddening to me. I don't think Tesla's front line agents have any clue about what may be going on. When I inquired into changing to white I was told it wouldn't delay anything. That seemed to be what the majority of people were told at the time, but others were told differently.

Now look at all the people that are being told reservation date may or may not matter or even something like adding EAP or FSD will bump you to the back of the line. Not only is it conflicting information, but it makes no sense whatsoever.

I don't blame the workers, I blame Tesla for not training them properly. Say what you want about outside FUD, there's a good amount coming from inside Tesla right now as well.

It's not the length of time that bothers me, it's the complete lack of communication that does. And when you do manage to get anything, it likely conflicts with what someone else may be told.

You guys read about the change in back glass? How new models (picked up in August maybe a bit earlier) only the top glass has the orange look to it when wet and the back part does not, older models had both turn orange, people worried that its missing IR blocking possibly but hasn’t been confirmed. I’m picking mine up tomorrow morning.
I laughed so hard at that. Thank you. That's exactly what's been going on in my head. I've been seriously considering changing to white interior after seeing all of these 2017 and 2018 reservationists getting their cars already, so I did a Google image search for "midnight silver with white interior." This is what came up. Is it a sign?

View attachment 330296
LOL- As far as omens go... I'd stay with black!

Reactions: ConcordeSST