Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sadly, it closed...
Darn...they were great! I got my son into biting the fruit out of a lemon slice. Now he taught his son to do it too. I suppose there's always Ruby Tuesday in Countryside..but it's not worth a 400 mile road trip to go to a Ruby Tuesday and it's likely not there either.
However, what is worth a road trip is Kobe Steak House in Countryside plaza. Is IT still there?

Darn...they were great! I got my son into biting the fruit out of a lemon slice. Now he taught his son to do it too. I suppose there's always Ruby Tuesday in Countryside..but it's not worth a 400 mile road trip to go to a Ruby Tuesday and it's likely not there either.
However, what is worth a road trip is Kobe Steak House in Countryside plaza. Is IT still there?

The area is so different, man. It’s exploded (yay, big government) and I doubt it likely resembles what it once was when you lived here. That being said, it’s still an awesome place.

The area is so different, man. It’s exploded (yay, big government) and I doubt it likely resembles what it once was when you lived here. That being said, it’s still an awesome place.
It wasn't THAT long ago! We moved back North in 98. I know from Google Maps, 46809 Trailwood Place is still there (vacant lot before we moved there) and, of course, Sterling Country Club is still there, under new mgmt of course. Algonquin Parkway still there. Kobe is 14668 Edd's Ln in Countryside plaza.

So, what's the status on your car? Talk to Tyson's?

Reactions: the_danimal
It wasn't THAT long ago! We moved back North in 98. I know from Google Maps, 46809 Trailwood Place is still there (vacant lot before we moved there) and, of course, Sterling Country Club is still there, under new mgmt of course. Algonquin Parkway still there. Kobe is 14668 Edd's Ln in Countryside plaza.

So, what's the status on your car? Talk to Tyson's?

20 years is a long time – those places still exist, sure, but most folks go to the newer town centers like One Loudoun or The Leesburg Village (where the Wegmans is). I’ve been here 37 years, and I’d argue the most growth has been since 2001.

No status on my car. I didn’t stop in at Tyco but did call the 888 number. They were useless. I’m on vacation in TN now, but when I get home I’ll stop by the SC off Tyco and see if they have a clue.

Last edited:
20 years is a long time – those places still exist, sure, but most folks go to the newer town centers like One Loudon or The Leesburg Village (where the Wegmans is). I’ve been here 37 years, and I’d argue the most growth has been since 2001.

No status on my car. I didn’t stop in at Tyco but did call the 888 number. They were useless. I’m on vacation in TN now, but when I get home I’ll stop by the SC off Tyco and see if they have a clue.
I agree about 888. I had outstanding service at the Mt Kisco, NY facility and Dedham, MA facility. I earned pilot license and IFR rating at JYO (Leesburg Airport. AV Ed flight school. Did Commercial and Multi in NH.
Hey buddy..thanks for making me feel old...20 yrs. (yeah, that's kind of a lot). We first moved to Reston 40 yrs ago. Our house then, open field prior, 11300 Geddys Ct right off Sunrise Valley Dr and Upper Lakes Dr. Buried the cat that moved in with us when we rented on Escalante Ct in Reston in an adjacent field, what is now, a tennis court opposite side of Upper Lakes from Geddys Ct. That creeps me out when I think about it too long. She was pregnant when she moved in on us.
Apologies for the Memory Ln thing. Exchanging posts with you is something akin to old home week. I'll stop.

I lost my VIN apparently. I was told I had a vin(rep also provided it to me) but since I'm from NY picking up in NJ they gave my car to someone else and switched my pick up location to NY. Pretty bummed. Now I'm prob at the back of the line again smh.

Well, at least you'll get the NY rebate now (which you wouldn't if you picked up in NJ).

Interesting people have disagreed with me on that. The reps I've talked to had that tied to my account. It's called history or audit trail. And I don't say anything nasty to them. So for someone throwing a temper tantrum, yeah, they have that in your acct.
I wasn't disagreeing with the presence of a record, I was disagreeing with your pathetic, roll-over-and-take-any-abuse attitude. I'm a pretty reasonable person, and I've found that in all functional organizations, a visible record of reasonable, unresolved complaints will actually get me to a manager and get people fired. I've gotten people fired -- not often, but I've done it. They deserved it. There are probably others here who have.

• Disagree
Reactions: riverFox and wcorey
I really believe that anyone that speaks with any confidence that a feature or a color is prioritized is talking out of their rear. We all want to find a pattern, and maybe there is one, but I have yet to hear anyone on here (including myself) propose one with any level of accuracy.
Other than "RWD orders are usually delivered much faster", I agree that the evidence shows that nothing else is being consistently prioritized.

I don't think the prioritization of RWD is going to last much longer, either; I think they've resolved the AWD bottleneck and the production ratio will reset to match the demand ratio soon.

I think getting into a shouting match, not that you personally have, with a Tesla representative on the phone can only result in bad things happening.
A shouting match is never useful. There are much better ways of documenting bad behavior by Tesla employees.

I do know, from what they told me, when they access one's account via reservation number or vin, they have the complete audit trail of all of their history with you being on the phone, with the local showroom, emails to or from anybody. None of us are going to get a Tesla representative fired!

We have documentation, on this forum, that some of the people here actually have gotten a Tesla representative fired (for lying to them with multiple inconsistent claims about "apartment fires" as an excuse for not doing his job).

So you're wrong. We can and we have gotten Tesla representatives fired.

I'm a reasonable person. I don't generally try to get people fired. But egregiously bad behavior is egregious, and when management finds out about it, they will fire the people who did it -- as they should.

Logan has also been assigned to me. After receiving a similar email and not hearing back from him for about a week, I got an email from him with my delivery appointment. Be patient. Tesla is a mad house with all the deliveries

For reference, I generally give everyone at Tesla a week to respond to any request whatsoever before I follow up, unless there's really severe urgency, in which case I give them 24 hours. (Examples of really severe urgency would be a "my car is undriveable" service request, or "you are scheduling a delivery less than a week from now on a day I cannot take delivery", or "you are asking for my finance/insurance information before you give me a VIN and I need a VIN in order to get the finance/insurance information, how do I get out of the Catch-22".)

Reactions: abasile
And they're taking away obsidian black and metallic silver. I thought for sure they'd take away the white since it has been giving them grief.
White is consistently in the top three most popular car colors, every year, every country.

Tesla basically has to make white.

They don't have to make *multi-coat* white, and I personally think they should go back to plain, "one coat" (I know it isn't really one coat) white.

Irony today ...

Called Tesla for the first time to check on my order ... as in WTF is going on and where's my car ...
Of course they had no more info then I can see on line. Confirmed no VIN and all my stuff looked good.

Within 5 minutes of hanging up, I got a call from the showroom regarding my P3 test drive this week.
After some back and forth conversation about my impatience with my order I was told they aren't going by reservations anymore. Everything is built in batches and assigned to the next person in queue with that configuration.
If that were even true, that would be OK, but the problem we've been hearing is that there are people with *identical* configurations in *identical* locations where the person later in the queue got their car and the person earlier in the queue didn't. (I think there have been three fully documented examples so far.)

This leads to the conclusion that some people's orders have gotten lost. So people who ordered in early June probably have a good reason to pester.

Anyway, he also shared, again through chat, that he's typically reviewing information & generating contracts about 4 days before delivery and will do mine as well in a few days as we're getting closer to the delivery date (the 20th for me). VIN's are no longer assigned beforehand but matched up as late as possible in the process. Apparently, they had many people who couldn't get their paperwork done in time for one reason or another, and that left them with lots of assigned VIN's for people that they couldn't deliver the car to. So they are now trying to get as much wrapped up contractually, and assign the VIN as late in the process as possible.
Apparently some exec still does not understand the concept of "I need my VIN in order to finish my finance / insurance paperwork". If you're in that situation, you have to phone in, emphasize this point to your DA, so that you can get your VIN and finish your paperwork.

There should be checkboxes on the website for "waiting for VIN to do finance" and "waiting for VIN to do insurance", frankly.

(If you're not in that situation, chill and don't worry about the VIN.)

Reactions: willa1975