Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If it were a scammer, I think they would have responded to our replies right away looking for bank transfers etc... No upside from the scammer's perspective to slow-play it.

Once I confirmed 9/30 would work for me. My reply from 781 number was:
"Thank You for confirming, we will be contacting you again shortly once we get a firm date from the logistics team."

Reactions: EnrgyNDpndnce
I’m now assuming the # is a prank, and someone somewhere has our info. Delivery is based in 702 and while the plant is in Cali - something is just fishy.

Good luck to all though, maybe something (good) really is happening. But the lack of an RN or anything in the message = hmmm
Calls are being routed all over, I called the marina del rey number and was routed to a Las Vegas Tesla dealer which has a 702 area code. And received a follow up email we ith as deliver date

Reactions: neroden
How did you find out? Did you get an email, or was it just from spamming refresh on your account?
Checked my account page first thing in the morning. I do have an update. I called the Utah SC this afternoon to ask a quick question about final payments, just to confirm that a cashiers check with acceptable to bring with me upon pick up. Planned pick up is Friday morning 9:00 AM. While I was talking to this very helpful SC person, I said “by the way, do you know where my car is?” She said “I can find that out” and started typing away. Soon she said “well, hang on a moment I need to turn the car on so it can tell me where it is,” which I thought was rather comical. The next thing I know she says “It’s here on the lot. Do you want to pick it up early?” I said “what do you mean by early?” She said “well tomorrow afternoon or Thursday morning?” I said “Thursday morning sounds great.” I wanted to make sure they had time for a detailing check, and That would also work best for my schedule. So hopefully, a day early, I am going to be a Tesla driver. Thanks for all the support I’ve received from these forum listings

It is unbelievable that this company can make such technologically advanced cars, yet be so incompetent at logistics...I'm going thru Tesla withdrawals and sick of driving my 1998 Ford Expedition at ~10 MPG.
Early 2016 - Placed Model 3 Reservation
Late 2016 - Canceled reservation and ordered Model S
7/26/18 - Test drove Performance Model 3
7/27/18 - Ordered P3D- Blue, 18's, no EAP/FSD - I like driving too much (really wish I could have configured with the 19's...)
7/28/18 - Sold Model S75D to Carmax (they offered $12k more than Tesla)
9/08/18 - Delivery apt scheduled at MDR at 9:30 on 9/30
9/21/18 - Receive email offering home delivery 9/22 or 9/23 (had no VIN)
9/22/18 - Apt scheduled for 4:00pm delivery on 9/23 (still no VIN)
9/23/18 AM - Apt canceled, original apt gone and delivery back to 'Late September'
9/23/18 PM - Rescheduled to pick up at MDR on 9/26/18
9/24/18 - Received VIN and MVPA, finalized loan
9/25/18 AM - Loan funded, countersigned the fully executed purchase agreement, purchased insurance
9/25/18 Noon - Get text confirming home delivery apt 9/26 at 11:30 AM, call to find out why not MDR, moved to 8AM home delivery
9/25/18 PM - Receive call that vehicle is still in route to So Cal from Fremont, appointment canceled, back to 'Late September'
9/25/18 Late PM - VIN disappeared from my Tesla account...
I would have been totally fine with the original 9/30 MDR pick up. No wonder they are going through 'logistics hell.' All I initially really wanted was to get the car before 12/31, so things aren't looking that bad - it's just been so exhausting dealing with something that should be more straight forward, or at least with clearer instructions. If it wasn't for this forum I'd have not idea what was going on....

Hate to say it but that’s the current logic.
Also just talked to friends that have reservations (not orders!) and they didn’t get the text. So if it’s hackers, it’s an inside job lol.

I saw that Kimbal Musk was interviewed this morning on a national news program and said something along the lines of, “If you have an order and want your car this week, we can probably do that. If we haven’t called you, just call us and let us know.”

Like, yo Kimbal, do you have any idea what we’re going through over here? We’re living in completely different universes.

I saw that Kimbal Musk was interviewed this morning on a national news program and said something along the lines of, “If you have an order and want your car this week, we can probably do that. If we haven’t called you, just call us and let us know.”

Like, yo Kimbal, do you have any idea what we’re going through over here? We’re living in completely different universes.

All that from a guy that gave away his Model 3! Lol

• Funny
Reactions: TechSavvyWife

True, even i saw that few hours ago, thought it was for those waves? of people who received those emails in last week/two to schedule the delivery date. This was not a suprise but a shock kind of news :p which is still yet to be confirmed if LEGIT by TESLA.

Here's my hypothesis to the texts. Somewhere in CA there's a panicked Tesla employee that just realized they sent a text to all people with a deposit instead of the handful they meant to send it to....

Maybe Tesla hired the guy that accidentally triggered the “NUCLEAR WARHEAD INCOMING TO HAWAII” alert. “Oops” part 2.

Successful delivery today at Devon SC! They seem to have a great team at Devon, everyone was super helpful and knowledgeable. Said they were delivering up to 70 cars a day with at least 70 schedule each day through the end of the week and maybe more Saturday. Saying that, it was relatively calm there tonight, but that may be because I had one of the last delivery appointments. Was on the road in less than an hour and didn't feel rushed at all.

Red AWD, Black Interior, 18" wheels, EAP
4/1/16 reservation, 6/27/18 order
9/18 Build, Edit button disappeared and VIN 9/2/2018

Panel gaps all looked pretty darn good, paint looked as good as I could tell with the wet car (very rainy day, but car was under overhang for delivery). No scratches or paint chips but will be taking a closer look in the sun light with a dry car.

Only complaint is that I forgot to check for autopilot settings before I left and it looks like it didn't get enabled. Will call tomorrow and see what needs to be done to resolve. I'm generally only 15 minutes away from the service center so not a huge hassle.

Edit: Oh and I also got a red diecast Model 3! Wasn't expecting that!

Last edited:
Just got a text from someone saying they’re from Tesla and that they have cars matching my config, asking me if I’m available to take delivery before the 30th. Only saw it after my weekly basketball game, so Tesla was closed when I texted “Yes” back. I’ll try calling tomorrow to see what the next steps are.

AWD, Red, White interior, Aero wheels, EAP.

Does anyone know what to do if you find something wrong with the car within 3 days? Do you just show up to the service center?
If you're doing the return, pretty much, yes. Say "I'm returning this because it's defective", show them the guarantee, get some sort of proof you returned it (write a letter and hand it to them or something), then it's their problem.

If you're keeping the car, contact the service center one way or another and explain that you have a warranty issue. They're typically pretty good *once you reach them*.

I asked how I would handle the trade-in and finalizing any paperwork / payment and he told me that honestly, it's all completely up in the air because a lot of processes are changing and the email communication internally has been lacking - good to know it's not just us being left in the dark ;)
Now you know he's telling you the truth. :)

• Funny
Reactions: TechSavvyWife
My delivery was scheduled for 9/26.

My Inside Advisor isn't able to audit the MVPA for accuracy whatsoever. First one had me getting the car for $20,000, a nice discount. It took her and the contracts department over 12 hours to generate a new one. This was 24 hours before my delivery. The next MVPA had my car priced at $75, and I was getting a $20,000 check back.
You weren't tempted to take it? I mean, seems like a pretty good deal. ;)

I had to politely involve a manager because my IA was unable to see the problem. The manager was able to get me a correct MVPA late this morning, which I forward to my loan processor out of state. I paid a $50 FedEx overnight charge so I could make my delivery tomorrow.

I get a phone call from my Inside Sales Advisor about two hours later telling me my car won't be in Colorado until 10/9.

I was so patient and relaxed up until yesterday. What a goat rope!