Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was originally scheduled for 10/5 at Rocklin but on Monday 9/24 I got a text saying I could get it as early as this Friday 9/28. I agreed and so far everything has come through.. VIN, MVPA, payment screen... Now the weird part.. I just got an email at 11pm asking If I would like to do home delivery instead:

Your new Tesla is now ready for delivery! We can drive it to your home, office or any location you would like at any time, day or night. We really do mean any location at any time; for example, an airport, birthday party, sporting event, shopping mall, park or even the beach.​

Please let us know when and where you would like us to deliver your car. If you are unable to take delivery of your car in the next few days, that’s no problem. We would be happy to reallocate this VIN to a different customer and manufacture another car for you at a later date. Unfortunately, due to high production volume and limited parking, we cannot store cars for longer than three days.​

As a reminder, Tesla financing is so simple and fast that it can done during the car delivery process itself. It comes with a best rate guarantee that is valid for seven days after you receive your car. If you obtain a better interest rate from another institution within seven days, Tesla will credit you the difference.​

We are also happy to pick up and take your trade-in vehicle when we deliver your Tesla, or at another time.​

Thank you,​
I got it too. I forwarded to my DA he said sorry you’re all set for Sunday (my original day). I wasn’t too thrilled with the we’ ll Only hold it for 3 days part, since I was 5 day out.

Oh, I just noticed I have freaking VIN! It feels real!

Sorry for the near real time updates, voicemail from 30 minutes ago:

Hi Arnold, this is ------ calling from the Tesla Factory. I have some good news for you. Your model 3 is about one hour away from home delivery, and I wanted to give you a heads up

Sorry for the near real time updates, voicemail from 30 minutes ago:

Hi Arnold, this is ------ calling from the Tesla Factory. I have some good news for you. Your model 3 is about one hour away from home delivery, and I wanted to give you a heads up

I just check and my app is showing a vehicle but I'm getting "Mobile Access Disabled" so it looks like they have associated with my account/app.

Reactions: S5S5G6
Its almost like tey are blindfolded, spinning in circles and throwing darts. Some people who are way ahead of me in both the reservation and order dates didn't get squat. I think 95% of people including myself will be dissapointer after the 30th. ME? I'm expecting to get my car in NOV. My formula? 3 months from config date plus two weeks. I dare them to prove me wrong... I mean on this side of the Nov, not the other side. I think reservation date and config date should factor into delivery date and I don't think it should ever happen that someone with same config, but later of both dates at same delivery destination should get their car before someone with earlier dates, but it has happened.
Expect the worst and you won’t be disappointed...

• Funny
Reactions: TechSavvyWife
Unsolicited. I received the canned text messages, but I replied anyway. I only included the bank name and I asked for a copy of the title application with the lender listed as lien holder. The bank requires this in addition to the MVPA since I'm going to have the funds deposited into my bank account and will bring a single check to delivery.

Update - checked account again just now (19:40 central) and the loan section of my reservation page is unlocked. I've entered all information requested. Looks like this is happening? ... maybe. I'll believe it when I drive away.

@tyanger : what was your configuration and order date ?

As we approach the end of Q3, here are some recent summaries from the AWD / Performance Order Tracker (based on 1,097 orders):

upload_2018-9-26_21-2-29.png

upload_2018-9-26_20-45-5.png

upload_2018-9-26_20-45-51.png

upload_2018-9-26_21-3-10.png

upload_2018-9-26_21-6-34.png

upload_2018-9-26_21-7-31.png

upload_2018-9-26_21-11-17.png

upload_2018-9-26_21-12-10.png

upload_2018-9-26_21-12-38.png

upload_2018-9-26_21-30-3.png

Right now I don't have a huge disposable income. but I do have a nest egg. My car is probably costing me $20k of earned income from way back through a few investments over the time period. And some of that came from between 92 and 96 which could have been applied to car payments instead. Full disclosure, the only reason I bought the car new in 92 was so I wouldnt have to split my 14k with a "writing on the wall eventually going to be an ex" She had a Chevelle hatchback that she restored and wouldnt want to part with.

I don't know what most people pay for monthly car loan. $500 is a guess. I agree disposable income of some sort is important, especially if you can invest it to make a nest egg. Just a wag, but $200 month of disposable income for a long time can be very helpful to purchase my space x vehicle in 20 years and I appreciate everyone here in this forum in helping me move towards it. GRIN

I am way off topic I guess, but diversion is fun while I am sure they are bringing in the trailer with my car on it in to Raleigh as I type as the text I got last night leads me to believe
I would characterize it thusly. Nest eggs are wonderful. Disposable income is any income that is discretionary. That is to say not needed for housing, bills, food, utilities, doctors, lawyers, diapers, etc. Loosely speaking disposable income that isn't spent is a nest egg. So, put differently, any income not already allocated to something else is disposable. That doesn't mean you have to spend it, merely you can spend it.

Last edited: