Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure @wcorey what part of what I said you disagreed with. TACC only comes with EAP and as someone already pointed out you can't order FSD without ordering EAP also--TACC is simply part of EAP; assume it's not your intention to mislead people to skip ordering EAP in the event they want Traffic Aware Cruise Control and think by not ordering they will get it; and certainly as an owner driving our MS over a year now we know something about it. Just funny to continue to dispute the real info on this from an owner and then mark subsquent posts I made with disagree also that were completely factual. Kind of thought we were all adults here. Looking for your ignore button.

So for those who did not configure EAP try this...

ravisundaramam | June 6, 2018
I have a regular model 3, I did not order Enhanced Auto Pilot. So I could not get Full Self Driving.

The regular cruise control exists. When you are above 30 mph, push the drive lever again to drive. It turns on cruise. The right scroll wheel adjusts the speed. Speed can also be adjusted on the + and - button-icon on the touch screen. Move the lever one notch up to cancel. Brake tap also cancels it. There is no resume.

Just got mine delivered to door, the orginal delivery date was 09/29 but they emailed me last night that its ready :)

Hoping I have the same luck as you.... Scheduled for home delivery on 9/29 and just finalized trade-in after getting Tesla up another 1K. I also went ahead and wired the amount due / not being financed, just to complete my online account and prevent (or at least minimize) chances of a last minute SNAFU. Now I just need that final MVPA to submit to CU and wrap up loan.

Reactions: sskj and S5S5G6
Took delivery of a P3D+ today.

When something is hyped so unbelievably and still exceeds expectations ... incredible. I gave a ride to 4 50+ year olds at the same time and they were laughing like children.

The delivery experience was rushed and unfriendly. A few scratches etc.

But I really don’t care. Fundamentally the car is flawless.

They honored the price of when I configured too. Yay!

Well, today was a great day. Picked the car in Portland. Delivery went smooth. 10 minutes to sign docs, the only wait was the car being detailed, which was no problem. Well... it’s quite the car. The ride, the car software was so impressive. I hope all of you enjoy your car and hope all of you get your cars. Don’t give up, it’s worth the wait. Trust me!

Well, today was a great day. Picked the car in Portland. Delivery went smooth. 10 minutes to sign docs, the only wait was the car being detailed, which was no problem. Well... it’s quite the car. The ride, the car software was so impressive. I hope all of you enjoy your car and hope all of you get your cars. Don’t give up, it’s worth the wait. Trust me!
Glad to hear you had a good experience. Thanks for sharing!

• Love
Reactions: TechSavvyWife
I would characterize it thusly. Nest eggs are wonderful. Disposable income is any income that is discretionary. That is to say not needed for housing, bills, food, utilities, doctors, lawyers, diapers, etc. Loosely speaking disposable income that isn't spent is a nest egg. So, put differently, any income not already allocated to something else is disposable. That doesn't mean you have to spend it, merely you can spend it.

In many ways we think alike. I was in a bad position from 96-98, but I did make sure I got my match on my 401k. Price I paid was coming home at night to a 45 degree house when I lived up there in Middletown. I do have to thank my ex because I learned to live with a LOT less disposable income even giving up some of what many would consider non-discretionary. Maybe I should thank her for AWD instead of RWD. Still expect the cost of car to be just a bit over 3k/yr. Also hoping when my mind gets softer than it already is, the car will bring me home in the future. My parents were in a world of hurt when they lost their driving ability. Expect the car to do well for 20 yrs and none of that road salt crud to eat the car up. And no more shoveling snow off the roof... And being the c***p b*****d that I am, all heavy duty electrical stuff will be done after 11 pm when rate is only .089 per kw thanks to having an electric car.

My VIN just disappeared from my account. 10/2 delivery date... what does this mean?

Me, too (vin disappeared in last hour). Oct 1 delivery date. It means they gave away your vin to someone else. This will be my third new vin and third delayed delivery.

My VIN and MVPA just disappeared. Had Sunday delivery rescheduled from today. Portland, OR.

Update: minutes later … new VIN. Whew.
My VIN disappeared too. It better mean nothing for me as they made me sign a loan on that VIN today so they could get a cashiers check this week. Fingers crossed it’s just a glitch.

F/U: I haven’t read all the messages here but my experience seems different enough to comment.

LR AWD white full self drive. Ordered 6/28~

Received email that my car was in transit to MT Kisco over two weeks ago to receive near Rochester for home delivery last Friday. Phone call last Wednesday that car didn’t get on truck from CA.

Call last Friday night that my ACH transfer did not work and I had until Saturday 7 AM EST to resubmit ACH process to get car on truck going east.

Just now I see transfer occurred. But no word from Tesla.

I received an unsignable MVPA but was told everything is done.

The Tesla rep has been supportive and helpful thus far and gave me a cellphone number if I had trouble w the funds transfer.

I got my VIN one day after that initial contact from her. but no changes showed up on my account for almost a week.

Addendum: supposed to get my car on Friday. Got call this afternoon. My DA was totally frazzled and was waiting for me to yell at her when she gave me bad news again. My car is sitting somewhere aROUND NYC waiting for a 12 V battery. She was so relieved when I didn’t curse at her. I think all these people are under extreme pressure so be nice to the deliverer of someone else’s bad news.

probably giving it to someone else who can take delivery before 10/1
In my case, I was scheduled to take delivery this Friday 9/28 and they cancelled. Then rescheduled for 10/2 just today. They better not be reassigning these cars, especially once people have paid money for them, like I have. Nothing more to do tonight but hope it’s fixed in the morning and call if not.

• Love
Reactions: TechSavvyWife
So when you're retired you have time to think about stuff. I have a question.
Do you have a "smart" phone?
Did you give Tesla that number?
OK, two questions. I was musing over the day 1 people who have "slipped" through the crack. Why? One possible reason occurred to me and, oddly, I was adversely affected by myself.
I have a house phone, 'land line'. Yes, I have a smart phone but that is largely for commuting, apps I've written for it, and Audible. I am not tethered to it as most young bunnies are. So in my profile on Tesla I gave them that phone and told them to use it as primary. They sent SMS (text) messages to my landline phone, which clearly doesn't work. It was quite by accident a couple weeks later I realized it by accident and switched my profile. The point being, they were trying to reach out to me but couldn't as they made false assumptions, "everybody is tethered to their smartphone".
So, perhaps, it's not so much their system is broken, (Well, it is but for other reasons) but they made an incredibly false assumption.

Man you must be a riot at parties.