Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was just over at Tesla Charlotte - they had literally 95 Model 3’s with overflow from Greenville . They are doing 11-12 deliveries per day. They said they are hoping to do group deliveries at 10 per hour in near future . The bottleneck is in contracts and trade in teams .
I was there last Monday and Wednesday and it was the same way, the entire lot was full with transports trucks still unloading.

Reactions: Sg911
I found this thread looking to see if anyone had received their standard AWD yet; I'm eager to hear their impressions!

My details:
former employee, non-owner
3/16/16 Reservation
5/20 Config
AWD - Red - PUP - 18” wheels - EAP

My delivery was initially set for yesterday, but had to be pushed to Friday due to "delays". VIN assigned: 55XXX

Got my delivery date (so far, lol) August 18th at the Richmond Tesla store.

Oh snap, I'm in VA and you have the same config as me. You give me hope that I am soon!

Oh nice! Richmond, Virginia? Do you mind giving details of your config and reserve/config dates?

It's in his signature.

Where is this edit button? I haven’t had one since they asked us to confirm everything and I’m still Sept-Nov ‘18.

It should be on the right side, but mine also went away after being asked to confirm everything.

Where is the nearest SC to Blacksburg, Richmond? I’m in Charlottesville.

Yeah Richmond would be the closest. I think it would also give you the option of going to Raleigh as well. I chose Richmond cause it is closer. Stood in line at Tysons though (back when I lived in Frederickburg).

I'm actually planning on picking up in Charlotte, NC. I guess I defaulted to that this time since that's where I picked up my Model S in 2015, and I think the Richmond one hadn't been built yet? Hopefully it doesn't impact delivery much. Maybe I'll mention to them that Charlotte, Raleigh, and Richmond are roughly equidistant for me if it's easier for them to ship elsewhere.

Where is this edit button? I haven’t had one since they asked us to confirm everything and I’m still Sept-Nov ‘18.
No, it is gone.

Model 3: LRD, MSM, EAP (Reserved 3/31/16 in Store, Invited 3/23/18, Configured 5/23/18, VIN 7/25/18, Scheduled Delivery 8/18/18)

My dates are very close to yours, Reserved 3/31/16 in Store, Invited 4/6/18, held off until AWD and Configured 5/24/18. I hope that I'm not too far behind you. MSM AWD EPA FSD 19 inch wheels

Reactions: diamond.g
I found this thread looking to see if anyone had received their standard AWD yet; I'm eager to hear their impressions!

My details:
former employee, non-owner
3/16/16 Reservation
5/20 Config
AWD - Red - PUP - 18” wheels - EAP

My delivery was initially set for yesterday, but had to be pushed to Friday due to "delays". VIN assigned: 55XXX

Can't wait for you and Ghostrider to test it out. Did you happen to also drive a RWD Model 3? one of the things i'm curios about is if the AWD solves the issue of being sluggish off the line (0 to 30) like the RWD is.

I haven't driven any so i'm just going off of what I read :) . maybe sluggish is too harsh of a term but others definitely said that its not as fast as it should be 0 to 30 but after that it picks up
It's hard for me to imagine any car that gets to 60 mph in ~5 sec or less as being sluggish off the line, but perhaps the traction control is indeed impeding progress at first with the stock 18" tires and RWD?

I haven't driven any so i'm just going off of what I read :) . maybe sluggish is too harsh of a term but others definitely said that its not as fast as it should be 0 to 30 but after that it picks up
You have to remember to adjust for the background of many people here. It's "sluggish" only in Teslaworld terms. Daily driving a P85D reshapes your perspective somewhat. ;)

Last edited: