Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm still waiting for my VIN and initial contact by ISA. And like some of you, I am able to log into the Tesla app for the walkthrough and referral code. So I was a little curious that they may be changing stuff in the background, so I went on the site and checked the order page source code, as I discover that Tesla also updated the code for their order page so that the EncodedVIN is no longer in the source code. It is all hidden now. Seems like they've been doing a lot of changes in the background, possibly to streamline the order/delivery, contract process.

I just got an email for an ISA asking when I can take delivery. No dates just if I can take delivery as soon as possible. (The answer of course yes!)

I’m quite surprised Tesla is already reaching out. I didn’t reserve until 07.09.2018 (yes 2018), configured LR/AWD/non-P/EAP/white-exterior/black-interior on 07.11.2018. I selected cash payment and no trade in. Location: SF Bay Area.

Will update if I get a delivery date. No VIN yet.

If you have an iPhone make sure you have the newest version of the app. I have a AWD order with edit button still available but I was able to sign in, view the model 3 videos and find my referral code but first I had to update the app.

It genuinely did stop allowing logins if you don't yet have a Tesla product for a period of time yesterday. I can confirm it's working again now.

If you have an iPhone make sure you have the newest version of the app. I have a AWD order with edit button still available but I was able to sign in, view the model 3 videos and find my referral code but first I had to update the app.

Yeah I was on the latest version, it was just kicking me out every so often but today it seems to be somewhat stable though I have been getting a blank white page when clicking on the loot box every now and again. Also sucks to hear about the encoded Vin trick being nuked.

I just got an email for an ISA asking when I can take delivery. No dates just if I can take delivery as soon as possible. (The answer of course yes!)

I’m quite surprised Tesla is already reaching out. I didn’t reserve until 07.09.2018 (yes 2018), configured LR/AWD/non-P/EAP/white-exterior/black-interior on 07.11.2018. I selected cash payment and no trade in. Location: SF Bay Area.

Current owner?

Thats crazy. Wonder if someone backed out of an exact same config car at your location. Congrats though :)

I notice they also took away having the VIN show up in links --- before when I go to Owner's manual -- at the very end of the web address on the bar, it'd have vin= or something like that.

I wonder if the Tesla store HPWC trick still works -- I'm currently still seeing "This is a gift or VIN not yet assigned message"

I notice they also took away having the VIN show up in links --- before when I go to Owner's manual -- at the very end of the web address on the bar, it'd have vin= or something like that.

I wonder if the Tesla store HPWC trick still works -- I'm currently still seeing "This is a gift or VIN not yet assigned message"
Tesla do have social media associates watching, just saying

Nope that trick doesn't work. To be honest I think they "fixed the glitch" a while ago on that one.

I have this too even though I was given my VIN. I wanted to buy the wall connector but saw that message and got disappointed so I held off on placing the order, I'd like that fixed. I was able to see my VIN by running the code too, and it did match what my ISA gave me.

After being on hold for 1.5 hrs to Tesla CS to only be hung up on when they closed... I did get an email immediately after I hung up last night asking how quickly I can take delivery of my M3. Unfortunately there seems to be a disconnect between the notes left when "confirming" the order information 2 weeks ago in my Tesla account and they did not see my notes that I decided to finance instead of pay cash. Sounds like a large batch of AWD non-P 19" white M3's were just built!

No VIN yet, still unable to do the finance next steps via Tesla. Waiting on the delivery date and VIN from the ISA.

Current X and S Owner
Reserved 6/1/18
Configured 6/27/18
White/AWD/PUP/EAP/19"/Black Interior