Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks really good, color of the car matches your dogs :) Spooky fast? From what car are you coming from to have a frame of reference?

when i doubt, there is no doubt. Are you hoping AWD is faster than 4.5 0-60? Likely you hear this form everybody, if you got the money get Performance and maybe skip EAP and FSD as those can be added later, but not Performance

I couldn't justify the extra cost for performance, and based on a few brief highway runs last night, there was no need to. The car accelerates just as smoothly above sixty mph as it does below it. I don't have a VBOX, so I can't fill the craving for precise numbers. But I can say that we took both neighbors and family out for spins last night and everyone left the car with a ridiculous grin.

Not a current owner, Reserved 4/6/16, never got my email to config but configed 6/27/18, AWD,MSM,18" Aero, EAP
I changed from 3rd party financing to cash on 8/4 and it disappeared. The verbiage on paperwork happened immediately at that point.
I had no vin as of 2 days ago.

I reserved before you (4/1/16) and also configured 6/27/18 with the exact specs as yours. I still have an edit button (trade-in is pending, all other areas are checked green). I'm in the northeast, too. Wonder if you get a vin and delivery before me?

• Helpful
Reactions: ConcordeSST
What number did you call to get an update?
Their general sales # at 1-888-518-3752. Waited for about 20 min. I have my current car ending its lease in the next month and wanted more details on status to know what I should do with it. The agent was super nice about looking into more details of my order to help inform my decision. I thanked him a lot, knowing that their phone lines are getting bombarded these days. Glad I called and waited though!

Their general sales # at 1-888-518-3752. Waited for about 20 min. I have my current car ending its lease in the next month and wanted more details on status to know what I should do with it. The agent was super nice about looking into more details of my order to help inform my decision. I thanked him a lot, knowing that their phone lines are getting bombarded these days. Glad I called and waited though!
I did the same and was advised to call at night. There's is a 24x7 service and wait times are less at night.

It's never too early to wire the garage.

Not entirely true. If you order a wall connector before your VIN is assigned my understanding is that it will just be covered under a basic 1 year parts warranty.

Whereas if you order it after your VIN is assigned, it is connected to the VIN and is warrantied for 4 years.

I still installed my HPWC early because I had a gap in my schedule when I could get the work and the inspection done and didn't want to have to take any time off from a new job to do all of that.

Not entirely true. If you order a wall connector before your VIN is assigned my understanding is that it will just be covered under a basic 1 year parts warranty.

Whereas if you order it after your VIN is assigned, it is connected to the VIN and is warrantied for 4 years.

I still installed my HPWC early because I had a gap in my schedule when I could get the work and the inspection done and didn't want to have to take any time off from a new job to do all of that.
I didn't know that. My current car is a 2012 Prius Plugin Advanced and when this house was built I had the garage prewired with a 220 line for a Level 2 charger. At that time a lvl 2 charger required a 30a circuit so, rather than future-proofing the run from the main panel to the sub panel and plug for the charger, he put it on a 30a circuit wired for 30a not 50a. It is 50a to the subpanel. Sure, would I have liked a 48a circuit for my model3? Of course. Do I need it? No. There is likely an 18" run from the subpanel to the plug which is an orange insulated 3 prong wire. If I am not mistaken that orange color is coding for 30a max. Now that the garage is insulated and drywalled I don't know that it is important enough to replace that 18" length of 30a wire with an 18" length of a 50a or 60a wire. My belief is that the run from the main to the sub could take 60a so running the sub at 60a is the cost of a breaker.

While I didn't know there was a distinction between when one purchases the Tesla charger, that wasn't really my point, the expensive part, seems to me, is running a line to the garage and to where the charger will go. Having the charger wired is small compared to the creation of a subpanel and 60a circuit for the charger when you get it.

Oh, you've ordered the entire thing through Tesla? I thought one would order the charger and have some local guy install, pretty much how I got the Leviton installed. Of course the Pruis charges on the passenger side whereas the M3 on the driver side.