Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
giphy.gif

I deserve this ;P

Might as well add mine…

Model S owner -- relatively early VIN (P111XX), delivered June 4, 2013
Reserved 3/31/16 (in-store, early afternoon AZ time)
Invite received in Jan (although the web site worked for 2+ weeks before the email…) -- deferred for AWD
Ordered 7/30/18
Voicemail left yesterday + email. Responded today and spoke to the ISA/IDA - 8/14/18
VIN 656XX D/EAP/19/MCR/B
Estimated arrival at local store/service center on 8/25/18
Delivery not yet confirmed, but earliest is 8/26 or the following week.

Web site still shows Oct-Dec delivery. They will beat that by over a month… This is also faster order to delivery than my Model S back in '13, which was right about 2 months...

I am desperate to see some movement on my Order. I am spending hours and hours reading posts on this forum, checking my Tesla account and checking my gmail
I do exactly the same and suspicious that most of us do the same. Sometimes I think that it is better just to forget about that forum and Tesla account and it will just happen one day (e-mail will come, or agent will call) but no, I am here again...

I do exactly the same and suspicious that most of us do the same. Sometimes I think that it is better just to forget about that forum and Tesla account and it will just happen one day (e-mail will come, or agent will call) but no, I am here again...
Correct on all counts! But it's tough, especially for those working for a living. When retired you have tons of time on your hands...
I need to find a job again. But then again, getting up at 0520 every morning so sucked!

Well............ WAS supposed to take delivery tomorrow on my AWD. So back in July I got the email that my car was ready and was asked if I could take delivery on the 15th, and I replied with an emphatic YES! Two days later I got my VIN to get my financing done. That same day I emailed my Vegas dude the “Dealer Funds Request Form”.... This was on 30JUL18... so today I call my delivery location in Devon, PA to make sure everything was good to go for tomorrow. I live in Delaware and my pickup location is an hour and a half away. The guy says, “Yes, everything is good to go, the car is here and ready blah blah blah... make sure you have your full payment for the car with you...”. That’s when I say, “what?” I explain to him that I sent the form to the Vegas dude over two weeks ago... apparently Vegas dude didn’t do &@?!ing anything with it. So now they will not get paid as on AUGUST 8th my bank and Tesla stopped doing ACH/wire transfers...... soooooooo, now I must wait for a check in the mail to pay for the car. I’m so pissed off....

It does, thanks! I've only briefly used google sheets. It's been so long since I've used Excel, I am a Linux guy so I use LibreOffice. However, I am impressed with the graphs and charts you, Troy, and CJ have produced.
The biggest bubble, by far is reservations in March 31->Apr 10th or so. After that it drops precipitously. Once all those orders have have been fulfilled the sheets, even with a 2% response rate, will, IMHO, yield more reliable/sustainable results. Freemont will have hit a sustainable run rate, which, to my knowledge, they still don't have and the next bubble will be opening the SR floodgates but, by then, they'll likely be chugging along at 6500->7000 per month.
On your bullet #2, I suspect over the next week to 10 days, that'll dramatically change, which will end, until SR, the reserve to VIN perturbation. But yeah J, that's good work!

Question: There seems to be several data sources, Which one do you use? I just, yesterday, I believe, add my info to Troy's. It's been on CJ's for a month or more. I suspect few people will go through the effort to cross post, adding to sampling differences.

Yes. So I apologize for my contribution to a new data source. It was started by someone else, I've just added some integrity and summaries. But more importantly, I think the reason it was started is because Troy's (amazing) spreadsheet (which includes my own reservation) does not easily answer order questions about AWD / Performance orders - after all, it was originally called the Model 3 Invites spreadsheet, which is now redundant. This new sheet was a "quick and dirty" way to get information around deliveries of those two configs.

I try to avoid distributed and unconnected sources (btw a long time ago I supported HP-UX systems!). I've reached out to Troy on M3OC to ask if we can collaborate and provide better info to the community - no answer so far.

Well............ WAS supposed to take delivery tomorrow on my AWD. So back in July I got the email that my car was ready and was asked if I could take delivery on the 15th, and I replied with an emphatic YES! Two days later I got my VIN to get my financing done. That same day I emailed my Vegas dude the “Dealer Funds Request Form”.... This was on 30JUL18... so today I call my delivery location in Devon, PA to make sure everything was good to go for tomorrow. I live in Delaware and my pickup location is an hour and a half away. The guy says, “Yes, everything is good to go, the car is here and ready blah blah blah... make sure you have your full payment for the car with you...”. That’s when I say, “what?” I explain to him that I sent the form to the Vegas dude over two weeks ago... apparently Vegas dude didn’t do &@?!ing anything with it. So now they will not get paid as on AUGUST 8th my bank and Tesla stopped doing ACH/wire transfers...... soooooooo, now I must wait for a check in the mail to pay for the car. I’m so pissed off....
Man, that sucks. What bank? This is why I did light stream. No worries when it comes.

I rolled with them because I went for convinence of having everything under one roof. This would have never been an issue if my Vegas dude just did one thing, all he had to do was fill the damn form out. I’m just glad that I called the delivery location first. If I would have driven out there for nothing.... oh boy, a real $h!t storm would ensue...

Thank you! I picked the Aero wheel, and non previous tesla owner.
Excellent choice. I saw a Pearl White 3 with Aero wheels at the Salt Lake Store the other day and almost changed my configuration to that.

After I thought about for a while I decided to leave it as is (Black with Sport Wheels). Mostly because I do not want them to put me at the end of the line again.

I rolled with them because I went for convinence of having everything under one roof. This would have never been an issue if my Vegas dude just did one thing, all he had to do was fill the damn form out. I’m just glad that I called the delivery location first. If I would have driven out there for nothing.... oh boy, a real $h!t storm would ensue...

See if Tesla will take a tracking number for the check. Tempe did it for my friend that was in a similar situation in June.

I think you are # 4 or 5 in here of last-minute delivery cancellations. Not good.

• Helpful
Reactions: AnarchyEOD
I try to avoid distributed and unconnected sources (btw a long time ago I supported HP-UX systems!). I've reached out to Troy on M3OC to ask if we can collaborate and provide better info to the community - no answer so far.
Would you keep me in mind in this effort?
I don't know what happened between Troy and CJ and really did not feel inclined to ask but they forked.
I never thought Windows was more than a bad joke. It never should have survived OS/2. Oddly it was OS/2 that now only lives on with a very few. I was, however, very knowledgable on Windows internals but in about 2000 I moved to Linux and, effectively, only use Windows for TurboTax. I've been in software development since early 70s. I just retired a few years back.

Reactions: webdbbt
Data from 667 AWD and Performance orders (@Big Earl, @redblotch83 if you could update that would be great)

View attachment 325737

And @wcorey, you're right. At least this dedicated sheet is all people who've updated in the last 2 months.

Day 1 Reservation 3/31/16, Non-owner
Configured RWD 5/20
Change to AWD 6/26 Blue AWD Aero
Change in Mytesla reflected change 8/1 (over a month but 2 different ISA and a supervisor said change took place in their screen)
As of 8/14, No VIN

Second delivery attempt today at Costa Mesa for my non-P AWD. Last time, they didn't tell me it wasn't available until I got there. This time, I was on the way when they called and said the car will not be ready because of a new inspection demanded by Fremont on "many" of the cars set for delivery. I asked what that means, exactly, and they would not say. I complained that two failed deliveries is unreasonable given the schedule changes I had to make and they said they'd get back to me within 48 hours with a new delivery date.

Sucks. My loan funded Sunday, no vehicle then, no vehicle now. Wrote to my sales adviser complaining. Wonder if they'll offer anything. If they fail to deliver a third time, I'm not sure what to do.