Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If current VIN numbers are nearing 100K, why are new deliveries down in the 60's? Also, if they are making 5K a week, which according to @model3vins they are, all of the tracking information on the spreadsheet seems woefully unrepresentative. Am i just not understanding things?

When does a car get its VIN? Before it is made or after it is completed?

With 20 weeks left on the year at 5k cars a week that's another 100k cars they could make. Assuming they stick with all premium LR package cars thats a lot of reservations they can fill.

The most likely answer to this is that we're dealing with two backlogs. Backlog 1 is production... making the cars and assigning the VIN to the car. Then there is the delivery backlog where some sort of distribution logistic occurs (which delivery center will be delivering the car) and the VIN/Car get assigned to a customer.

So there is obviously time gaps between the two. I think that's why we're seeing VINs in the 60k range.

Reactions: Ulmo and Sagedaddy
Finally got my ISA contact! Filled out my credit app this morning and hoping to hear back later today...
Anyone have any idea on how long they take to turn around the Tesla loan app? Just doing that for convenience. Can refi later on if I want.

Res: 4/1/2016 (11am PST online)
Config 6/30/2018 - Haven't changed since
ISA contact: 8/13/2018
Vin: Have one, but don't know it yet
Delivery: pending loan app!!!
Delivery location: Marina Del Rey, CA

LRD, MSM, 19", Black PUP, EAP

Have you tried typing in Tesla.ProductF.Data.Vin into your browsers development console? I have been checking every day to see if a VIN will show up before I get a call. It would be interesting to know if it shows up for you now that you got a call but haven't been given a VIN.

Have you tried typing in Tesla.ProductF.Data.Vin into your browsers development console? I have been checking every day to see if a VIN will show up before I get a call. It would be interesting to know if it shows up for you now that you got a call but haven't been given a VIN.

Once the page switches back to the original green check mark screen to fill in the Tesla Financing stuff, Tesla.ProductF goes away so the code doesn't work. Think once I get the loan approval it will work again, but at that point I'm assuming the ISA will just send it to me. I'll keep ya updated!

Just tried and still 'null' for me even though the rep (I called) this morning says I have a VIN assigned.

Data from 667 AWD and Performance orders (@Big Earl, @redblotch83 if you could update that would be great)

upload_2018-8-14_15-57-26.png

And @wcorey, you're right. At least this dedicated sheet is all people who've updated in the last 2 months.

Attachments

• upload_2018-8-14_15-55-55.png
    upload_2018-8-14_15-55-55.png
    33.6 KB · Views: 73
Data from 667 AWD and Performance orders (@Big Earl, @redblotch83 if you could update that would be great)

View attachment 325737

And @wcorey, you're right. At least this dedicated sheet is all people who've updated in the last 2 months.
but still, some reserved 2 1/2 yrs ago, I reserved 1 yr ago, others never reserved or reserved date==order date. I would be in the "divide by zero" exception category. That bar graph is for day 1 reservations only, right? Plus/minus they have to be flushed out before they get to me. Earlier up the list I used CJ's spreadsheet to count reservations 3/31/16 through about 4/20/16 and 4/21/16 through 9/30/17. As I recall, it was like 350 to 100(or less). I am guessing that puts me into a VIN by Aug 31. I could also be wrong.

My edit button went away and asked me to fill my loan application yesterday. This morning, my My Tesla page got a quote back just like everyone with the same 3.59% rate. I didn't want to bother shopping for another loan, so I accepted it. I just got an email from a Tesla ISA asking to confirm everything and pick a day for delivery.

Reservation: online 6/7/2016
Config: 6/27/2018 (Est delivery Sept - Nov)
Made changes: 8/2/2018 (Est changed to Oct - Dec)

Loan application available: 8/13
Loan approved and accepted: 8/14 morning
ISA email contact: 8/14 4pm
Vin: Assigned, after asking the ISA in the email. She sent it to me: 5YJ3E1EB5JF066XXX
Delivery location: Manhasset, NY
Delivery dates to choose from: 9/10-9/15

Long Range AWD, Pearl White, Standard everything else, EAP

EDIT: Added VIN#

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: ConcordeSST
My edit button went away and asked me to fill my loan application yesterday. This morning, my My Tesla page got a quote back just like everyone with the same 3.59% rate. I didn't want to bother shopping for another loan, so I accepted it. I just got an email from a Tesla ISA asking to confirm everything and pick a day for delivery.

Reservation: online 6/7/2016
Config: 6/27/2018 (Est delivery Sept - Nov)
Made changes: 8/2/2018 (Est changed to Oct - Dec)

Loan application available: 9/13
Loan approved and accepted: 9/14 morning
ISA email contact: 9/14 4pm
Vin: Assigned, but don't know it yet. I've asked the ISA for it.
Delivery location: Manhasset, NY
Delivery dates to choose from: 9/10-9/15

Long Range AWD, Pearl White, Standard everything else, EAP

Why don't all you people who reserved months after me, configured weeks after me, and made edits days after me just kick me in the balls a few more times? o_O

Why don't all you people who reserved months after me, configured weeks after me, and made edits days after me just kick me in the balls a few more times? o_O

Well... Ok... If that's what ya *need*.

Reserved 12/2017
Ordered 06/28
Edit/Finance 08/10
First Call 08/10

No VIN given to me yet... but according to IDA, it exists (but won't give to me until after it hits the delivery center/passes inspection).

Just to add to the data - this "edit button" that everyone is hoping disappears for them has been absent on my order page for weeks.
First day line waiter, non-owner, Blue AWD, EAP, Black Interior, 19" sport
Cash, no trade-in
Devon, PA delivery site chosen

No VIN, no contact

Just to add to the data - this "edit button" that everyone is hoping disappears for them has been absent on my order page for weeks.
First day line waiter, non-owner, Blue AWD, EAP, Black Interior, 19" sport
Cash, no trade-in
Devon, PA delivery site chosen

No VIN, no contact

I believe the edit button disappears and you proceed to the next page if you choose cash.