Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally got a tentative delivery date from ISA email.

Pearl White AWD EAP Aero
Res: 4/9/2016
Order: 6/29/2018
Delivery: 9/5/2018

Not sure on VIN yet. Waiting on trade-in offer still.
To my recollection, that's the first Sept delivery date I've seen. It may be safe to place Sept as the new delivery month...well duh..August is almost over.
The other thing that jumped out at me, 4/9/2016 is, effectively, post initial bubble. The cars reserved between yours and mine are few. That makes me feel better about a VIN this month and car late Sept or very early Oct.
Again, rsv 9/3/17 order 6/29...although it was 6/28 on the west coast east coast time 0003.
BTW, congrats, you must feel relieved!

Previous owner.
Reservation No: RN107111540 (not sure when I placed the reservation - guess couple of days after it opened)

Placed the order 8/4/18. (deposit $2500). Performance Model 3, metallic silver, white interiors, all options except FSD.

Contacted by delivery expert 8/6/18.
VIN: 5YJ3E1EB8JF074xxx
Now scheduled for delivery 8/18/18.

Added FSD after VIN - did not cost anything more or delay delivery as it is only a software update.

I wasn’t expecting to get my vehicle till 10/18 at the earliest. I understand the frustration in some of these threads.

I think Tesla has built up a sizable inventory which they wanted to deliver in the 2 half of the year for federal tax rebate reasons. I can bet they are going to deliver record number of vehicles before the end of the year.

Major factors in getting the delivery (IMO) are what type of vehicle (LR -RWD, performance with white interiors, probably followed by P3D with black interiors), location (west coast),

Previous owner.
Reservation No: RN107111540 (not sure when I placed the reservation - guess couple of days after it opened)

Placed the order 8/4/18. (deposit $2500). Performance Model 3, metallic silver, white interiors, all options except FSD.

Contacted by delivery expert 8/6/18.
VIN: 5YJ3E1EB8JF074xxx
Now scheduled for delivery 8/18/18.

Added FSD after VIN - did not cost anything more or delay delivery as it is only a software update.

I wasn’t expecting to get my vehicle till 10/18 at the earliest. I understand the frustration in some of these threads.

I think Tesla has built up a sizable inventory which they wanted to deliver in the 2 half of the year for federal tax rebate reasons. I can bet they are going to deliver record number of vehicles before the end of the year.

Major factors in getting the delivery (IMO) are what type of vehicle (LR -RWD, performance with white interiors, probably followed by P3D with black interiors), location (west coast),
A. @voip-ninja , you need a ball kicking gif here.
B. This is the AWD, NON P thread.
C. Congrats on your car

• Funny
Reactions: Maximilien
To my recollection, that's the first Sept delivery date I've seen. It may be safe to place Sept as the new delivery month...well duh..August is almost over.
The other thing that jumped out at me, 4/9/2016 is, effectively, post initial bubble. The cars reserved between yours and mine are few. That makes me feel better about a VIN this month and car late Sept or very early Oct.
Again, rsv 9/3/17 order 6/29...although it was 6/28 on the west coast east coast time 0003.
BTW, congrats, you must feel relieved!

Yeah it looks like a flood of them is coming in so the wait time from order to delivery is not proportional to reservation date anymore. I always thought September is so far away in my mind but it really is only 3 weeks away, which seems typical time from email/call to delivery.

Unless you live by the factory....

The sizable inventory is correct. It was all RWD, which they have no pending VINs for at this point. Yes, they built that inventory because of the Q3 goal of 200,000. This makes the $7500 credit good through all vehicles DELIVERED this year. The other sizable inventory is of pending reservations for AWD. The bubble appears to have been processed as early into April orders dropped to sustainable levels.

As for record numbers, yes, because they have reached a sustainable 5,500+ / wk production rate. They anticipate by month's end, effectively 2 weeks, they will have achieved a sustainable 6,000 vehicles/wk which reflects 24,000/month. A week or so ago they registered 10,500 VINs exclusively for AWD.
At this point prior ownership is irrelevant.
Congratulations! Enjoy your new car!

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
A. @voip-ninja , you need a ball kicking gif here.
B. This is the AWD, NON P thread.
C. Congrats on your car

You rang?

tenor.gif

Reactions: Ejl80
I finally joined the family
Current owner
Reserved 3/31/2018
Configured 6/28/2018
Pearl White AWD 19 inch EAP
Third party loan (Via Credit Union)
Email and call 8/2
Initial delivery 8/9 got cancelled due to QA check
Took delivery 8/14
Marina Del ray
VIN 675XX

Car is amazing. I am coming from 2007 Nissan Altima Sport Edition V6 and my new machine blows it away in EVERYTHING.

No Call or VIN still but interesting enough, when I went back into the Edit Design using the back door method with the link ending in my RN# it came up with my original 6/27 pricing from when I configured. Only w/options like white interior available. Earlier today, my silver paint added $1500, but it was back at $1000. AWD was only $4k too. If the sport wheels were dark gray or black I’d add them, but I’m not messing with it. The 18” will be my snows soon enough.

Oh the tea leaves we are reading.

Attachments

• 6B15E3A7-AF56-40F9-80A8-41C2E5AC41C1.png
    6B15E3A7-AF56-40F9-80A8-41C2E5AC41C1.png
    407.2 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Reactions: jkirkwood001
No Call or VIN still but interesting enough, when I went back into the Edit Design using the back door method with your RN# it came up with my original 6/27 pricing from when I configured. Only w/options like white interior available. Earlier today, my silver paint added $1500, but it was back at $1000.

Oh the tea leaves
If you look under Financing, it will give you what your purchase price is. I am not sure how to read the discrepancy between a normal edit configuration verse some "back door" method. I doubt it was intended as an Easter egg and likely was something the developer had put in AS a backdoor. I'll have to ask Tesla. What's under Finance though is what the bank/CU is going to get. In cases of a discrepancy, I'd go with that or what's on your MVPA.
I figured out the 'back door' thing. I'd put good money it's an internal either developer thing or CSR thing. NOT a customer thing. It's how one does a transfer control, technically called, redirect in HTTP, to another page. the edit configuration is an HTML / JSF/Struts control that upon depressing does a transfer control to another servlet. I didn't have to sign in, presumably neither does anyone else.

Last edited:
No Call or VIN still but interesting enough, when I went back into the Edit Design using the back door method with your RN# it came up with my original 6/27 pricing from when I configured. Only w/options like white interior available. Earlier today, my silver paint added $1500, but it was back at $1000.

Oh the tea leaves

Same here. Maybe an easier way for people to add EAP/FSD without having to increase the price.

If you look under Financing, it will give you what your purchase price is. I am not sure how to read the discrepancy between a normal edit configuration verse some "back door" method. I doubt it was intended as an Easter egg and likely was something the developer had put in AS a backdoor. I'll have to ask Tesla. What's under Finance though is what the bank/CU is going to get. In cases of a discrepancy, I'd go with that or what's on your MVPA.
Would you tell me again the format of this back door method..is it a get format? The get is like
http://tesla.com/rn=rn101111111
tnx!
Go to your manage page, replace “product-finalize?rn=“ with “edit-design/“ in the url.

As for trying to find meaning in the pricing changes, Tesla did say that the site has always shown current pricing regardless of order date but they were working on fixing it. Obviously they’ve updated it to show pricing based on when you ordered. The only thing that means anything is if you can’t access the editor using the url method - not having the edit link either means you are going to get a VIN or you have completed all of the steps because you don’t have a trade in and are paying cash.

Go to your manage page, replace “product-finalize?rn=“ with “edit-design/“ in the url.

As for trying to find meaning in the pricing changes, Tesla did say that the site has always shown current pricing regardless of order date but they were working on fixing it. Obviously they’ve updated it to show pricing based on when you ordered. The only thing that means anything is if you can’t access the editor using the url method - not having the edit link either means you are going to get a VIN or you have completed all of the steps because you don’t have a trade in and are paying cash.
Thanks, I had figured it out as in people explaining in a post here it just displays a short title to the action. A couple of posts up, I explained what it is for those unfamilar with HTTP..it's the redirect url used when the control is depressed, be it managed or just entered in a browser w/o benefit of the portion of the servlet that would have normally preceded it.It's an internal thing not some grab bag Easter egg.

Just a quick data point about MVPA's. I know they have been a problem, especially during "contract hell". Yesterday I had contact from IDA and scheduled delivery for 8/24. IDA was very nice in saying Tesla will not draft the final MVPA until 24-48 hours before delivery. She said only then could I provide that to my CU for loan funding. I kindly requested I get it earlier so I can get check in hand @ delivery; she respectfully said that was not possible with Tesla's current policy. So, I smiled and moved on. Guess what, I got my final MVPA tonight - signed, sealed and delivered. Two points: 1) contract hell have have finally frozen over and 2) be patient even if they tell you they won't send a MVPA till right before delivery - it just might come the next day.