Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What do you mean exactly by "Tesla stopped doing ACH/wire transfers"? Do you mean the don't do them at all anymore? If so, do you now what changed? I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere else and I'm surprised nobody else has asked about it. When we bought ours previous cars from Tesla, we paid via ACH. I haven't needed to use checks (or go to a physical bank) for anything in years.

I think he means the wire transfer relationship between his bank and Tesla fell apart. The email from our delivery person indicated that wire transfers are fine as long as they're received three days in advance of delivery.

What do you mean exactly by "Tesla stopped doing ACH/wire transfers"? Do you mean the don't do them at all anymore? If so, do you now what changed? I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere else and I'm surprised nobody else has asked about it. When we bought our previous cars from Tesla, we paid via ACH. I haven't needed to use checks (or go to a physical bank) for anything in years.
Exactly! I think we write MAYBE one check per year. We have everything wired. If I croaked tomorrow, my wife would be fine without lifting a finger. @MorrisonHiker you should still be able to do a push. It might be they can't initiate a pull. But, yes, that's worth checking into if it is a new Tesla thing vs just in that one case.

Ppl who do a WTF like have been playing with circumventing the system. Some reps have been telling ppl to do so will cost them a month. Just say!

Very soon so long as you haven't played with back doors.

I think that's a fair assessment, or they've been cir umventicu the system and silently getting penalized.
You seem to be saying this a lot, but why would you assume that typing in the url manually is any different than clicking on the edit link? You can navigate to the edit pages all you like with no penalty unless you confirm your changes on the final page.

After checking this thread constantly, I guess I should finally participate!

Non Owner
Reserved 03/31/16 - in store (~10:06 AM) (Mt. Kisco, NY)
Ordered 05/20/18 - as fast as I could make my selections!
Updated Order - 07/28/18 - changed to White Interior
AWD LR
Red
PUP
19” Sport Wheels
EAP
Trade In: Yes
Financing: through private lender

Estimate: Sept - Nov, 2018 (this did not change with the white seat update)

No VIN and still have ‘Edit Button’

**I called sales today to ask for any update they can give. Said that in his opinion it would very likely be in September, as he has seen AWD close to my order date starting to get VINs. So, I’m at least more hopeful that it’ll be earlier in the estimate than later. He also said that I shouldn’t worry about the late change to white interior (which I had been worried about)**

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
I have spoken to a Tesla SR and I was told that not to change the pre existing configuration since that will push back the delivery date by 30 days. Also, I was told that the delivery will be much earlier than the estimated delivery time frame of Sep-nov. Whatever that means.

I don't know how true that is. When I configured mine, the est was Sep-Nov. After I made a change, the est changed to Oct-Dec. But I just got email from an ISA and my pickup date will be Sept 11th.

You seem to be saying this a lot, but why would you assume that typing in the url manually is any different than clicking on the edit link? You can navigate to the edit pages all you like with no penalty unless you confirm your changes on the final page.
You can navigate to the edit pages all you like with no penalty unless you confirm your changes on the final page.
OK, I'll take the bait one last time.
1) 3 times does not "a lot" make.
2) It strikes me there seems to be a correlation between people losing ground w/orders and backdooring it. Maybe there is no correlation, which leads back to point 1.
3) I've spend over 45 years in software development, many of them writing and designing involved web apps. All the rank and file know is that is a redirect url. What they do not know, neither do I, is what state information exists that is passed to that redirected URL and what it's absence causes the software to do. See point 2. The fact the control to invoke that servlet, issuing a redirect to that URL, is disabled (grayed out) means the system doesn't want you going there. To do so is circumventing the system. Depending on how ruggedized the system is, unpredictable results may occur.
4) Unless one works around state-fullness issues, web apps are stateless, so without care an invocation of a servlet may pick up the state of someone else's transaction. It depends on how state information is passed.
5) To be sure, I didn't write or design their order entry system. I do know by disabling the control the workflow of the system is deliberately altered. Ounce of prevention == pound of cure. See point 2.
6) I am not the boss of anyone on here, so the best I can do is provide a bit of insight. If that doesn't work for you, don't take it.
7) It's possible you meant that way more innocently that I took it as.
8) I type way better with a full sized keyboard than with my fingers on a tablet. On the tablet I watch the virtual keyboard not what gets typed. On keyboard I watch what is being typed as muscle memory is pretty good at where the expected keys are. So, apologies is some entries appear like I've been drinking or smoking. I acknowledge it's on me.
I hope that helps.

Last edited:
I don't know how true that is. When I configured mine, the est was Sep-Nov. After I made a change, the est changed to Oct-Dec. But I just got email from an ISA and my pickup date will be Sept 11th.

The theory has always been that that’s an automatic website calculation based on it being a 2-4 month delivery timeline from the point of any order or change.

Since Tesla is pushing to reservation holders first, changes don’t cause you to lose your place (unless of course you do so after a VIN is assigned).

Your example lends credence to this theory.

Reactions: wesley888
Previous owner.
Reservation No: RN107111540 (not sure when I placed the reservation - guess couple of days after it opened)

Placed the order 8/4/18. (deposit $2500). Performance Model 3, metallic silver, white interiors, all options except FSD.

Contacted by delivery expert 8/6/18.
VIN: 5YJ3E1EB8JF074xxx
Now scheduled for delivery 8/18/18.

Added FSD after VIN - did not cost anything more or delay delivery as it is only a software update.

I wasn’t expecting to get my vehicle till 10/18 at the earliest. I understand the frustration in some of these threads.

I think Tesla has built up a sizable inventory which they wanted to deliver in the 2 half of the year for federal tax rebate reasons. I can bet they are going to deliver record number of vehicles before the end of the year.

Major factors in getting the delivery (IMO) are what type of vehicle (LR -RWD, performance with white interiors, probably followed by P3D with black interiors), location (west coast),
I am probably wrong, but I thought the 8th digit in the VIN number for a P3D was a '4' and that a 'B' represented a standard dual motor AWD .

I finally joined the family
Current owner
Reserved 3/31/2018
Configured 6/28/2018
Pearl White AWD 19 inch EAP
Third party loan (Via Credit Union)
Email and call 8/2
Initial delivery 8/9 got cancelled due to QA check
Took delivery 8/14
Marina Del ray
VIN 675XX

Car is amazing. I am coming from 2007 Nissan Altima Sport Edition V6 and my new machine blows it away in EVERYTHING.

How was your delivery at Marina Del Rey? I've seen a bunch of bad experiences, but it seems like yours was good (other than the 4 day delay). Would love any tips or feedback as I'll be getting my car there in the next couple of days!

I dont expect a reply from you, but if I am not mistaken I have seen entries here that have stated they could no longer access the edit page via the back door. Which would imply they could before and no longer can (they were assigned a vin).

If this is the case, it is evidence your claim is false.

Please take your spat elsewhere. We already stopped listening.

Reactions: tich and jelloslug