Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have spoken to a Tesla SR and I was told that not to change the pre existing configuration since that will push back the delivery date by 30 days. Also, I was told that the delivery will be much earlier than the estimated delivery time frame of Sep-nov. Whatever that means.

You can disagree with my prior comment but this forum has convinced me there are lot of people on here that will discover they can't afford a $70k - $80k Auto.
wcorey - there are also a lot of people here that would love the privilege of owning a Tesla, are prepared to sell off other things and make personal sacrifices, and yes wait a little longer if we must - and suffer the loss of a $9k LR battery (I'm never selling my car anyway!) and maybe the fancy interior just to get there under $60k - I know there are many that are lucky enough to just buy what they want - and I do not begrudge them at all, but that does not mean that others cannot aspire to save the planet one car at a time!... without being bored to death! (previous Prius owner!)

• Funny
Reactions: voip-ninja and KJD
wcorey - there are also a lot of people here that would love the privilege of owning a Tesla, are prepared to sell off other things and make personal sacrifices, and yes wait a little longer if we must - and suffer the loss of a $9k LR battery (I'm never selling my car anyway!) and maybe the fancy interior just to get there under $60k - I know there are many that are lucky enough to just buy what they want - and I do not begrudge them at all, but that does not mean that others cannot aspire to save the planet one car at a time!... without being bored to death! (previous Prius owner!)
Read the thread and don't get so defensive.

Reactions: voip-ninja
I’ve just been using the url link to test if my design can still be edited. I assume once there is a VIN assigned, that trick will no longer work for your Reservation number. Of course that could be a poor assumption.
Ppl who do a WTF like have been playing with circumventing the system. Some reps have been telling ppl to do so will cost them a month. Just say!

I don't begrudge anybody pursuing their dream. Around the time of the Great Recession, there was a huge housing bubble. This was caused, in large part, by ppl buying far more house or condo than they could afford. When the economy went south, they found themselves bankrupt and evicted. It wasn't personal, people, especially young ones, need to make financial decisions in the cold light of day, not testosterone based, thinking now 0-60 in 3 secs. That's all. Either ppl get it or they don't. With this I'm ending my participation in the thread.

• Disagree
Reactions: Scott7
I have a hard time believing Tesla would penalize you for pressing the edit button and not actually updating anything.

Why would Tesla even track if you go to an edit link unless you click the final button to agree to changes to the order? That seems like a total waste of their time, which according to people here, they have none the extra. It would be faster to adjust the code to lock out the link.

Another data point:

Reserved: 04/01/16 (non-owner)
Ordered: 6/28/18
Delivery estimate: Sept - Nov
Specs: AWD LR, Aero, Red Multi-coat
Edit button: gone
Vin: none
Delivery Area: Dania Beach, FL

Had called and spoke with sales yesterday afternoon. Was told I have no VIN number assigned and there was no estimate as to when I may receive the car. I thanked them and moved on. Edit button disappeared overnight last evening. The yellow dots replaced the gray dots for the payment method (as I had chosen Tesla for financing). I completed the loan application this morning. I am assuming I am getting close.

Is this "edit button" every refers to the text hyperlink on the manage page (below the Tesla phone numbers in the right column) that says "Edit Design"? Just want to make sure I got this right. I haven't poured through all the threads yet about when people lose this and what it means in terms of indication of delivery, but I'm sure I will by the time I get my car which I just ordered this past weekend :)

Well............ WAS supposed to take delivery tomorrow on my AWD. So back in July I got the email that my car was ready and was asked if I could take delivery on the 15th, and I replied with an emphatic YES! Two days later I got my VIN to get my financing done. That same day I emailed my Vegas dude the “Dealer Funds Request Form”.... This was on 30JUL18... so today I call my delivery location in Devon, PA to make sure everything was good to go for tomorrow. I live in Delaware and my pickup location is an hour and a half away. The guy says, “Yes, everything is good to go, the car is here and ready blah blah blah... make sure you have your full payment for the car with you...”. That’s when I say, “what?” I explain to him that I sent the form to the Vegas dude over two weeks ago... apparently Vegas dude didn’t do &@?!ing anything with it. So now they will not get paid as on AUGUST 8th my bank and Tesla stopped doing ACH/wire transfers...... soooooooo, now I must wait for a check in the mail to pay for the car. I’m so pissed off....

What do you mean exactly by "Tesla stopped doing ACH/wire transfers"? Do you mean the don't do them at all anymore? If so, do you now what changed? I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere else and I'm surprised nobody else has asked about it. When we bought our previous cars from Tesla, we paid via ACH. I haven't needed to use checks (or go to a physical bank) for anything in years.

Last edited: