Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
... and if all this is true - good for them.
I know not a lot of Tesla owners have worked in a factory, but I do think of those workers putting in all those hours. We need them rested up for when the next batch of parts come and they start cranking again! Even though there's a lot of robotics, I think those little flaws like frunk gaps are more prone to happen when workers are trying to hit crazy numbers..

This future Tesla owner has in fact worked in a factory.

Reactions: Relayer
I don't disagree with the premise (would much prefer a well-rested & happy workforce assembling my vehicle), but I wonder how many of those workers are salaried vs. paid hourly. Sometimes unplanned "vacations" are unwelcome.

All line workers, by law, would have to be hourly employees. You can't have a line worker in a factory who punches a clock for a shift be an exempt salaried employee.

So yeah, if the stories of them getting sent home are true, they got the afternoon off but without pay.

Managers, if they were allowed to leave, would have gotten the time off but are probably already working way over 40 hrs per week.

If we have been told a VIN by the customer service rep, but have not yet been contacted by an IDA and the VIN isn't on the mytesla website, do you want us inputting that into your sheet?

Um, maybe?

Can someone else who went through this confirm that if this occurs, the VIN is legit and carried through? Or the opposite? I don't know if the early indicator is legit.

Ditto. In a Tier 1 automotive supplier no less.

You've got me beat. I spent my first summer in college working in an industrial cable factory making huge cables for $4 an hour.

I think every squishy kid should do it while still in high school. It is a huge motivator to work your ass off going to school or learning a real trade so you don't end up spending your whole life doing that stuff.

For those equally obsessed by any info about when they will get their Model 3 (please enter / update your order here!), and to distract myself from the pounding the stock's taking today, I created a crude menu for the AWD / Performance order tracker so you can find the various summaries, maps and charts that I've occasionally been posting:

View attachment 326529
Love your charts! On the Orders US map, are you aware that some of the Canadian provinces are popping up inside a state (see Quebec in Colorado, BC in Okla, New Brunswick in NJ). Minor glitch and maybe not worth fixing...

Last edited:
Looks like my Executive Escalation from this morning worked. They wrote back and said they would contact the delivery team. Then my page said Review and Confirm and the birthdate had been corrected. I confirmed and now have Prepare for Delivery checked. I wonder if I should've escalated it a month or two ago. At least I finally see something different!

Reserved 4/19/17
Ordered 6/28/18
Model 3D
Red
19”
black
FSD
Sept-Nov
Upstate NY

Email, refresh,Tesla account, refresh, forum, refresh, bank rates, refresh, ฿, refresh, edit link, refresh repeat..........
Man am I busy....฿^)
When you say upstate NY, do you mean Mt Kisco? I'm in NE CT and thought I'd get delivery thru Dedham MA...nope, Mt Kisco, 2 1/2 hours away.

Hey did any one else just get the white interior upgrade e-mail from Tesla?
Yes I did get that email.

This is like a bad joke. There has never been an "edit design" link on my manage page. I have heard others say that if you select no trade in and cash payment there is no edit option, so seems like I am not the only one.

Not that I was going to buy the white interior anyhow, but seems like they need to do a little QA on their web pages before they publish things like this.

When you say upstate NY, do you mean Mt Kisco? I'm in NE CT and thought I'd get delivery thru Dedham MA...nope, Mt Kisco, 2 1/2 hours away.
I’m up near Lake George. I87N. I picked Mass but my Boss picked Mt Kisco I believe. My sales tax is mass. at 6.25 instead of 7.00 here in Washington county NY. Need to make sure I get the $2000 rebate. Must be delivered in NY I read? Either way I believe we qualify for home delivery where we live so who knows what will really happen.

Here she is... after so much drama surrounding my delivery and rescheduling twice due to Tesla fumbling my financing, my bank fumbling it, and FedEx totally screwing up next day shipping.... it was all worth it!!! Meet Rey... White Dual Motor non-p.... love her so much!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• 9088C18D-A4DE-4B93-9092-A958F0C40554.jpeg
    9088C18D-A4DE-4B93-9092-A958F0C40554.jpeg
    319.9 KB · Views: 97