Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a question about trade-in’s to Tesla. My father finally got a quote from Tesla after 2 weeks for the trade-in value. It’s $3,000 less than vroom.com offered. He wants to reject the Tesla offer and accept vroom’s, but the Tesla account page only has a confirm trade-in button. Does it give you the option to reject it after you click that or does it just confirm he wants to trade-in with Tesla?

Thanks.

Well I can see why Tesla may have some trouble with their supply chain... I ordered 4 accessories from them and got 4 tracking numbers. It turns out that two of the tracking numbers don't line up with the actual item I ordered (my nema 5-20 was delivered, but that tracking number was supposed to be for my 14-30 adapter, and vice versa).

Well I can see why Tesla may have some trouble with their supply chain... I ordered 4 accessories from them and got 4 tracking numbers. It turns out that two of the tracking numbers don't line up with the actual item I ordered (my nema 5-20 was delivered, but that tracking number was supposed to be for my 14-30 adapter, and vice versa).
New employee at the warehouse, I guess. I have order a few items from the Tesla store. No problem at all. Usually get the FedEx package the same week I ordered.

Finally contacted by a IDA by email today.
Reserve: 3/31
Order: 6/25
Red, non-p awd, aero, black interior
Wrote him back to confirm cash payment, no-trade in and delivery location of Tempe AZ
Hopeful for a quick delivery date

Same here! Got an email from an IDA. Asked to confirm delivery location, cash payment, no trade-in. Now im waiting for a reply for my Vin/Delivery date.

Non-Owner
Reserved: 5/20/17
Order: 6/27/18
IDA Contact: 8/27/18
Non-P AWD, MSM, Aero, Black Interior, EAP, FSD.

Reactions: gjunky
Same here! Got an email from an IDA. Asked to confirm delivery location, cash payment, no trade-in. Now im waiting for a reply for my Vin/Delivery date.

Non-Owner
Reserved: 5/20/17
Order: 6/27/18
IDA Contact: 8/27/18
Non-P AWD, MSM, Aero, Black Interior, EAP, FSD.

WTH? I reserved well over a year before. Sigh... so disappointed with all this process. A zero interest loan of $1k. What a scam.

I was contacted by an IDA 1 month ago asking to verify the same info. It means nothing unless they have a VIN/delivery date ready to give you. The IDA said they are trying to reach out in advance of receiving the VIN to just verify account detail, VIN/delivery date likely to come a month later from this IDA initial contact.

Reactions: TechSavvyWife
Personally I think the badge is a gimmicky way of saying "I spent more money to get a faster car"... I was kind of happy with Tesla's initial decision to ditch the badging on the 3 completely.

When a car is made to order, some auto makers let the buyer choose whether to have the badge or not, with no difference in price.
Tesla could do the same.

For my Model 3, I would much prefer a badging similar to the Model S/X - or nothing at all.

Reactions: JFW1103
WTH? I reserved well over a year before. Sigh... so disappointed with all this process. A zero interest loan of $1k. What a scam.
I got to thinking last night about the anger over Tesla and reservations and changes. If you had gone to your Chevy or Ford dealership and ordered a car of a specific configuration, there would be a deposit. That's not an interst free loan, it's a processing charge. If you went back a week or month later to change your configuration, they'd laugh at you. If you wanted your deposit back, they'd laugh harder.If you wanted a change, you could relinquish your order and order a new car but that would restart the clock. I've special ordered specific configurations. If you change your mind, your deposit is gone.

I got to thinking last night about the anger over Tesla and reservations and changes. If you had gone to your Chevy or Ford dealership and ordered a car of a specific configuration, there would be a deposit. That's not an interst free loan, it's a processing charge. If you went back a week or month later to change your configuration, they'd laugh at you. If you wanted your deposit back, they'd laugh harder.If you wanted a change, you could relinquish your order and order a new car but that would restart the clock. I've special ordered specific configurations. If you change your mind, your deposit is gone.

They would also tell me 6 - 8 weeks until delivery and know exactly where my car was at every second of the process.