Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cool we should meet up in Bend once we get our 3s! I checked my page source and searched for 97701 and 97702, and there was nothing. Then, I searched for Portland, and it showed this:
"Delivery Appointment at ##place##","Title":"Portland-SW Macadam Avenue","Address1":"4330 SW Macadam Ave","City":"Portland","State":"OR","Postal":"97239",

So, it seems I'm set up, for now, for pickup at the Portland delivery center.

Anyone know whether using the backdoor edit design link hurts in terms of delivery date? We're right up against 4 months being the end of the full tax credit and I'm waffling on changing to white from MSM. Given that people using the regular email change method have had +/- experiences with hearing anything after submitting the email, I wonder whether doing it through the backdoor link is actually better since it'll be in the system.
I used the backdoor link many times over the last few weeks to check and see if I could still edit. Did it again on Friday and this time changed to white seats. Got a VIN assigned on Monday. I'm thinking that you're fine. I would always to go the last page in the configurator and choose "Cancel and keep my current Model 3" just to be safe.

I’m In eugene oregon. When was your original res date? When did you conf you car? I reserved 3-17, conf., 6-18, no word no help from tesla. I’m wondering if my full self driving and obsidian black color is setting me behind. Any advice?

I'm hoping for a car by 12/31/18. Hood River, OR
Patience is the key here. We are all on the last four months of waiting, hopefully.

4/1/16 Reservation
6/27 Ordered, 5:30 pm
7/19 Confirmed all details on site
7/24 Ordered white seats, Vegan steering wheel 7:30 am via email
7/27 am called. Confirmed changes are waiting to be put in system.
8/20 Order confirmed, changes made to account, all pricing correct, edit button gone.
8/28 just waiting some more........

Reactions: abasile
So should I be happy that the backdoor edit link no longer takes me to the edit page? It just keep redirecting me to my account main page.
Can you please confirm that you are at this page before trying the link?

Attachments

• FBBBEED9-A261-4613-A461-16D80CEB62D8.png
    FBBBEED9-A261-4613-A461-16D80CEB62D8.png
    377.9 KB · Views: 61
This is also my sobering realization... Was hoping for a September delivery because I ordered so quickly. I think we are in Tesla's awkward, teenage years. Beyond the pimples, it'll mature into a strong, intelligent, smooth operation... "it's just a phase".

Agreed. I originally thought there was a chance they'd beat my original Sep-Nov timeline but those hopes are fast fading. Thinking October at the earliest now for a 4/1 res. At the end of the day all that matters is before Dec 31.

Despite a very good chance of them hitting their original window, this process has still been very frustrating. It's weird how tight lipped they're being and how much conflicting information comes from calling up. If you ask me, asking someone to commit to a $70k purchase and only giving a vague 3 month window they may or may not hit is a pretty poor way of doing business. Yeah, growing pains and all, but when other manufacturers catch up in the ev race (and they eventually will), this is the kind of stuff that will get people to vote with their wallets. At some point it won't be worth the hassle, so they HAVE to figure out how to make this experience better.

Can you please confirm that you are at this page before trying the link?
Yep. That is where I am. Then I go to the address bar and put in the link below with my RN at the end. It used to take me to the edit design page, and now it just redirects me back to the main account page.
tesla.com/teslaaccount/edit-design/RNXXXXXXXXX

1/30/18 Reservation
6/28 Ordered, The Tesla page said Sept-Nov delivery
Midnight Silver, AWD, EAP, Aero's
8/26 Dropped my Trade-in, Confirmed all details on site, Got info on Fees and Taxes, lost Edit, Got "We are drafting up your contract.."
Still Sept-Nov Delivery
8/28 Called to tell them I am out of the Country in October

Because of my 2018 reservation date, I do not expect Delivery or even Vin to be eminent, But wanted to call and the "out of the country" issue gave me the excuse. Anyway they were really nice but no Vin and no new information.

I know others have been excited about "We are drafting up your contract.." but I am sure that page is just a standard place holder.

Waiting, waiting waiting

Reactions: TechSavvyWife
I used the backdoor link many times over the last few weeks to check and see if I could still edit. Did it again on Friday and this time changed to white seats. Got a VIN assigned on Monday. I'm thinking that you're fine. I would always to go the last page in the configurator and choose "Cancel and keep my current Model 3" just to be safe.

I used the back door to change to white interior over the weekend. No change in Sept-Nov estimate. Not as lucky as you though ... no VIN yet.

If you ask me, asking someone to commit to a $70k purchase and only giving a vague 3 month window they may or may not hit is a pretty poor way of doing business. Yeah, growing pains and all, but when other manufacturers catch up in the ev race (and they eventually will), this is the kind of stuff that will get people to vote with their wallets. At some point it won't be worth the hassle, so they HAVE to figure out how to make this experience better.
By the time other manufacturers have serious EV competitors for the Model 3, there probably won't be a long wait. By then, the Model 3 will be a mature product. These days, I don't think there are many complaints about the order and delivery timeframes for the Model S and Model X. Yes, we would like more transparency as to the status of our Model 3 order, but we've had enough positive experiences with Tesla, and our Model S (acquired from Tesla as a pre-owned vehicle) is awesome enough, that the negatives are far outweighed.