Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I suggest you look at the code of your order page (this doesn't edit anything). It has some hidden info. For example, I found the delivery location that my DA asked for is incorrect (I've just written her to request the change). This is even though I don't have a VIN or delivery date yet.

If you don't know how to do this, here are the steps (for Google Chrome browser):
  1. Go to your account page
  2. Open the "Developer View" using Ctrl-Shift-I (or click ⁞ (menu) | More Tools > | Developer Tools)
  3. Click on the box at top right with the code
  4. Ctrl-S to search for "Delivery Details" (see first screen shot)
Now you may have to copy this code and paste into a text editor because I find the huge field isn't viewable in the browser. To do this, right-click in the code, select Copy | Copy Element, and then paste into Notepad or other editor (see second screen shot).

Hope this helps!

View attachment 329834

View attachment 329826
Make life easier on yourself and use a online json parser for organized viewing of the data. Just copy everything between the outter most { } brackets. :)

• Informative
Reactions: voip-ninja
I don't know how much more information I can give you. The best analogy is some people fall in love with a picture, be it a vacation spot, a car, a home, etc. Earlier up on this subject a guy took delivery of his blue M3 w/white interior. From a picture taken from the front of the car showing proud owner by driver side door, Blue...definitely NICE, mine was reserved as blue /black interior. At the dealership I was standing next to it red PAWD w/white...NOT impressed in person. Same as going to that vacation locale and being underwhelmed with it in person.
However, as you say, everyone is different. It is for this reason everyone should trek to their local Tesla place and see these up close, sit in them, best way to judge what you want..an in person assessment.
The M3 itself, very nice but last year when I reserved it I test drove an S. Except for what is almost a minor difference in the dash the two are very similar, S being bigger on the outside and trunk space. I am used to Prius and TR-7 so the M3 interior wise is nice, it's what I am used to. I did not "punch it". Don't know why. I should have I suppose. So, something to look forward to. I do know why, Boston traffic at noon-time. I was kind of unimpressed with EAP. Twice it felt like the car swung (or would have) into the next lane even though there was a car there. Again, there is no substitution for first hand experience. Go do a test drive.

Thank you. That was informative.

I suggest you look at the code of your order page (this doesn't edit anything). It has some hidden info. For example, I found the delivery location that my DA asked for is incorrect (I've just written her to request the change). This is even though I don't have a VIN or delivery date yet.

If you don't know how to do this, here are the steps (for Google Chrome browser):
  1. Go to your account page
  2. Open the "Developer View" using Ctrl-Shift-I (or click ⁞ (menu) | More Tools > | Developer Tools)
  3. Click on the box at top right with the code
  4. Ctrl-S to search for "Delivery Details" (see first screen shot)
Now you may have to copy this code and paste into a text editor because I find the huge field isn't viewable in the browser. To do this, right-click in the code, select Copy | Copy Element, and then paste into Notepad or other editor (see second screen shot).

Hope this helps!

View attachment 329834

View attachment 329826
I see my reservation deposit date in there is listed wrong as 4/1/16. I wonder if the flood of online reservations that evening pushed many of us back to 4/1 in their system as they ran CC’s? Hmmm

How did people with reservations in April order before they opened up ordering to everyone? I reserved 4/1 but never got an email to order until they opened it to everyone. But I've seen multiple people say they ordered before it was open to everyone when their reservations were well after mine. What am I missing?

Is it fair to say P3D orders are still being prioritized over AWDs?

New chart, "Scheduled deliveries":

upload_2018-8-28_16-57-52.png

As a reminder, please update your entry with any changes - thanks!

Reactions: webdbbt
I see my reservation deposit date in there is listed wrong as 4/1/16. I wonder if the flood of online reservations that evening pushed many of us back to 4/1 in their system as they ran CC’s? Hmmm
In other threads people were pulling reservation time stamps from the code and they were UTC. Possible your date is too, depending on how late on 3/31 your reservation was.

• Helpful
Reactions: jkirkwood001
Please give more information.

There are different kinds of people in the world. Some look at the pictures of video of white and INSTANTLY know it's their dream color. Others look at it and instantly know they would NOT like it.

Maybe some are more on the fence or unsure? Were you someone that thought you would like it/love it from the pictures and then decided you wouldn't? Or were you always not a big fan but wanted to see what all the fuss was about?

Did you dream of having white but then see it and decide you suddenly didn't want it?

I've wanted white since the first time I ever seen a picture of white. All the pictures and videos I've seen make it look amazing to me and I know at least some people that got it say it's "stunning" to them.

I think I am just tired of black. I've had like.. 10 million black interior cars.

Give us more info!

Thanks
I sat in an X at the show room with white interior. I really wanted to like it. I currently have very light interior. But it is a very stark white. Almost blinding. It's pretty. And this is obviously a very subjective topic. But to my eyes, it was just over the top white. I don't love the black necessarily. I wish there were more options. But for $1500 extra, I wasn't in love with it enough.

I sat in an X at the show room with white interior. I really wanted to like it. I currently have very light interior. But it is a very stark white. Almost blinding. It's pretty. And this is obviously a very subjective topic. But to my eyes, it was just over the top white. I don't love the black necessarily. I wish there were more options. But for $1500 extra, I wasn't in love with it enough.
Indeed, add $1500 and the white is atrocious. Again, people should see it in person before they spend $1500 and end up hating it. Also, black...it SO works with the Teslas. MHO.

Recently to my knowledge, but mostly with Aeros. Haven’t seen movement of red with sport wheels recently.

Someone I know had a vin assigned and scheduled a delivery in mid September. Red AWD 19 Sport Wheels. It is happening.

I sometimes feel that the whole orders, edits, IDA, VIN assignment etc.. is artificial. Tesla does have enough cars to meet their demand before December 31.

Actually have 2 model3s. Reserved on first day after buying a roadster model s and model x previously. Trolling? If your concerned about how tesla is treating you then cancel your reservation. It’s good advise.
Thank you for proving my point. I’m glad you have helped Tesla with their mission, but I am not sure why you are still posting in a thread about AWD deliveries when it sounds like you have all the Tesla’s one could ever dream of ;)