Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update #2 - VIN assigned: 5YJ3E1EB0JF096XXX

I don't know how to update the AWD spreadsheet. When I pull up the form, it is all blank, even though I've previously provided an entry. I think Troy's form pre-populates with your previous answers.

No delivery date yet - the IDA wanted to schedule for tomorrow, but the lender I'm using is not in their system so they need to add it before he can schedule me. That was Wednesday, and despite him telling me that he'd call me back yesterday with an update (on two separate occasions), he has not called me back with an update. Frustrating that something that should take minutes is taking days.

I got my VIN by going into the Tesla store, which is a mile away from me, and purchasing a wall charger. If they can associate a VIN with the charger, the person at the store said it gets a 4-year warranty instead of a 1-year warranty. My VIN was on the invoice.

Update #3: Took delivery yesterday, 8/30/18. If someone wants to update the AWD spreadsheet for me, I used the same username that I use here on this forum.

The communication and process the past 2 weeks leading up to delivery was awful. The delivery was pretty smooth and the delivery guy was patient with me - I did not feel rushed. There was one deep half-inch scratch on the dash that I got a service ticket for - which I may or may not come back to have done. A few minor defects on the exterior that the detail guys were able to take care of. The car is awesome - a pure joy to drive.

To all the folks still frustrated by the wait - be encouraged - the car is absolutely worth the hassle and the wait.

Plz don’t lose patience with me. I’m 68 years young, and waiting for my car. If I click on edit design, it won’t change anything, right? Then I put my reservation number in the spaces with all the xxx’s? Thx
I've found the easiest way to get there is to go to your manage page, then edit the existing URL. Delete "product-finalize?rn=" and replace it with "edit-design/" - no copying and pasting required and your reservation number is already filled in.

There are 5 pages in the editor. The last one has a button for updating your order and a button for cancelling and keeping your order the same. I always hit the cancel button (think it's something like "Keep My Existing Order") but I'm guessing just not pushing the update button is all that's really required.

• Helpful
Reactions: jkirkwood001
Update #2 - VIN assigned: 5YJ3E1EB0JF096XXX

I don't know how to update the AWD spreadsheet. When I pull up the form, it is all blank, even though I've previously provided an entry. I think Troy's form pre-populates with your previous answers....

Correct, and sorry about that, @gravedee.

I'm helping with the sheet now and just got access to edit the form, so I'll be updating to offer this. Please see my post.

In the meantime, feel free to re-enter your data - I regularly check for dupes by same username and delete the earlier one.

I’m Jan 2018. I have a feeling once the 2016 reservations are done (mostly day 1 and 2), the rest will go fast.

Well, Day 1 + Day 2 is about 23% of the people in our survey (927 orders), so there's still a lot to go. Overall, we're at 18% of all AWD + Performance orders with a VIN and / or Delivery so far. See here.

upload_2018-8-31_13-54-43.png

upload_2018-8-31_13-55-45.png

I lost the link to the speadsheet can someone remove me? I am no Longer waiting for an AWD tesla. I figure I'd never get it if they are still delivering to first day reservation holders, 2 months have past since ordering and I still had the edit button. I'm a 2017 reservation so another year and 1/2 down the queue! A November deliver does not seem reasonable or possible.

Done. Sorry you didn't get your car!

• Funny
Reactions: Glamisduner and KJD
Well, Day 1 + Day 2 is about 23% of the people in our survey (927 orders), so there's still a lot to go. Overall, we're at 18% of all AWD + Performance orders with a VIN and / or Delivery so far. See here.

View attachment 330672

View attachment 330673

Thanks you for posting the graphs. This spreadsheet depends on folks updating their own information, correct? If so, I wonder how many 2016 reservation holders already received their VINs and even their cars but never came back here to update their data.

Thanks, but I’m unclear on that that does. When logged into MyTesla account, I went to https://www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/edit-design/RNXXXXXXXXX with my reservation number in place of the X’s. That took me to the first page in the configurator.

Is the idea that one can then edit an existing configuration?

Not that I want to do that, I’m fine with my config and certainly don’t want to delay delivery.

Last edited:
When I use that link it takes me to the design edit pages for my order. So it sounds like you're farther along in the process. Rumor has it that if this link doesn't work for you that means your car is in production.
I think it's safe to say it's beyond rumor -- sounds pretty consistent! The back door still works for me, so it seems to consistently be a sign of progress.

Reactions: JFW1103
I think you are right. Also, it seems only a subset of the potential configurations have been produced. I may be misreading the spreadsheets and I have not read every post, but I have yet to see a non-P, AWD, Pearl White, black interior, 19" wheel car delivered to anyone. I hope I'm in the first batch of those that they make....whenever that eventually happens.
Thanks you for posting the graphs. This spreadsheet depends on folks updating their own information, correct? If so, I wonder how many 2016 reservation holders already received their VINs and even their cars but never came back here to update their data.

We just don't know. And I think Troy's sheet has the same limitation (sorry again for there being two data sources).

I will say that ALL of the data in the AWD / Performance sheet has been input in the last month. Anecdotally, in the last week, more than half of the updates were for people updating an existing record to add a VIN and / or Delivery date. See my post here - I want to ensure it's easy to update your own record (we need to update the form design to enable this).

In the meantime, I updated the "Response status by reservation period" to break out AWD from Performance (lots were wondering about this):

upload_2018-8-31_15-41-34.png

(I hope this chart isn't too busy. I had to cheat by overlaying two charts, so Google limits where you can put legends and axis labels.)

So some interesting take-aways:
  • Reservations between Apr. 3, 2016 and Dec. 31, 2016 for a Performance model have zero VINs or Delivery dates!
  • 50% of 26 Performance orders reserved on Day 1 have a VIN and / or Delivery date
  • 61% of Day 1 reservations still waiting (not shown on chart, but merge of 62.6% AWD and 50% Performance)

Last edited:
Reactions: JFW1103
Delivery set for Saturday morning! Then hopefully a trip out to Palm Springs Saturday afternoon!

VIN now shows up in my account, as does my appointment. All boxes are checked except for payment and delivery.
Aaaand just like that...delayed. They just called and said it would be "a few more days due to logistical issue". Had a feeling this was gonna happen. So much for my Palm Springs adventure :( Gonna see if I can get a Model S for the weekend for my troubles

Aaaand just like that...delayed. They just called and said it would be "a few more days due to logistical issue". Had a feeling this was gonna happen. So much for my Palm Springs adventure :( Gonna see if I get a Model S for the weekend for my troubles

Sorry to hear, this happened to me too. I had an appointment to pick up my AWD non-p pearl white with white interior on 8/28. It was cancelled on 8/27 due to "logistical issues" too. Still haven't received any updates from my DA. I plan on reaching out next Tuesday if I haven't heard anything by then.

Got my delivery date locked in* (well, as much as possible) for 9/11 in Cleveland! Got a call from my ISAs stand in while he is on vacation (glad that it was a proactive thing instead of not hearing anything for a while why my original was out.)

Still no VIN given though. Per the original email I received I won't be given it until 7 days before. I was surprised that the email about delivery says that I need to bring existing insurance to get the car, and it doesn't have to be specifically for the new car. I didn't realize that was even a thing

Man, those charts are not looking promising. Only 38% of Day 1 even have VINs.

Remember this is voluntary reporting. People can put their initial "I am waiting" entry in then forget to ever update it. I put my entry in, then when I got the call I had to remember where I saw the spreadsheet to find it again to do the update. When I initially put the data in I came from another site that had mentioned the tracking spreadsheet with a link.

So, it is possible that there are others that put the waiting entry in and never came back to put the delivered in.

Remember this is voluntary reporting. People can put their initial "I am waiting" entry in then forget to ever update it. I put my entry in, then when I got the call I had to remember where I saw the spreadsheet to find it again to do the update. When I initially put the data in I came from another site that had mentioned the tracking spreadsheet with a link.

So, it is possible that there are others that put the waiting entry in and never came back to put the delivered in.

Here’s hoping because it looks grim if that’s not true.

Reactions: TechSavvyWife