Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My thinking on delivery location went like this:
1. I always wanted a factory tour, and never got around to it. I have no idea if they let you do this today after pickup?
2. I made the choice back in the day when there was more fanfare around the lengthy delivery process, and I thought this would be more fun than the much, much smaller Rocklin location where I reserved.
3. I've had too many vehicles damaged in transportation to not worry about having my car trucked to Rocklin, when Fremont just isn't that much further away for me. One less process.
My friend in La Jolla has an S, in fact his second S is due end of month. He too wanted a factory tour but was denied until after he picked up his first S, that was a few years ago. Hell, I'd fly out there just to get a factory tour...fun weekend trip. Hey, it's what retirees live for. :)

Odd, but I'm excited about this... I just got an email to schedule delivery, but I still have an edit button. Hoping it's not an error!

Delivery window is at the end of the month, reserved 4/29/17, configured 6/27. Standard black AWD, EAP.

Hope it's legit, my car is absolutely falling apart.
Honest, I wouldn't worry about edit buttons or secret back doors. If they have assigned you an IDA and (s)he wants to schedule your delivery...go with that.

Reactions: S5S5G6
I discovered just yesterday that I could no longer get into my configuration page via the URL method (I've never had an edit button since confirming my order back in June). So one more supporting data point for the idea that when you are no longer able to make any changes, the car may well be very close to delivery.
2 questions. 1) How often did you try that URL? 2) When did you last have access to that URL?

Just got my email. Delivery Dates to choose from between September 20-27th at the Fremont location.

Edit button is still there and only the first box is marked on the overview.

Reserved 4-2-2016
Configured 6-28-208
AWD, White, Black Interior, 19" wheels, EAP

Just got the email!!!!!!!!! My heart is jumping out of my chest.
They gave me a window, Wednesday, September 19 through Wednesday, September 26.
4/3/16 res
6/30/18 config
AWD, MSM, 19", EAP, black interior, no changes ever.

Looks like that VIN wave is hitting hard baybee!

Last edited:
Reactions: S5S5G6
Odd, but I'm excited about this... I just got an email to schedule delivery, but I still have an edit button. Hoping it's not an error!

Delivery window is at the end of the month, reserved 4/29/17, configured 6/27. Standard black AWD, EAP.

Hope it's legit, my car is absolutely falling apart.

Holy ****! I just got the same email! I have no edit button due to cash payment but the backdoor link still works. Reserved 5-7-16, ordered 6-27-18, changed color 8-2-18, pickup window last week of September, MSM, AWD, Aero, black interior.