Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Odd, but I'm excited about this... I just got an email to schedule delivery, but I still have an edit button. Hoping it's not an error!

Delivery window is at the end of the month, reserved 4/29/17, configured 6/27. Standard black AWD, EAP.

Hope it's legit, my car is absolutely falling apart.

Same here! I just received an email from my DSA that my Model 3 will be available between Sunday, September 23 through Sunday, September 30. Nothing on my account page has changed. No VIN.

Reactions: tony b
Non owner. First visit to website 7/11. Put down $1000. Week later configured.

Non-p, LR, AWD, DBM, EAP, Black premium, Aeros.

Account still shows edit button, but received email today to schedule delivery 9/24-10/1. Unbelievable! When I did test drive a few weeks ago, I requested a 9/24 delivery day (Highland Park, suburb of Chicago). Was losing hope reading this thread the last few weeks, but it’s happening! Keep the faith, those still waiting. It’s coming soon!

Reactions: tony b and JFW1103
Using the backdoor edit feature, I spec'd out a change from AWD to P and the delivery went from "2-4 months" to "2 months". So tempting... but just can't justify the additional expense to upgrade for shaving 1 second off zero to 60. Doesn't mean I don't WANT it.
Me too! I thought about it but that extra $10K-15K for faster acceleration punch doesn't make sense to me, unless I was going to race it regularly. The top speed limit in the US goes up to 75-80MPH on some interstates, when would I ever be able to drive over 100MPH to justify that upgrade.

Me too! I thought about it but that extra $10K-15K for faster acceleration punch doesn't make sense to me, unless I was going to race it regularly. The top speed limit in the US goes up to 75-80MPH on some interstates, when would I ever be able to drive over 100MPH to justify that upgrade.
When you are trying to outrun cops ;);):D:D:eek::eek:

Contacted today by DSA for pickup Sep 20-27 - Devon, PA.

Non-owner, MSM, AWD, Aero, EAP, FSD, Black Interior
Reserved: 4/10/16
Configured/ordered: 6/28/18

A few weeks ahead of when I expected to hear; wonder whether got accelerated because of EAP, FSD margins for Q3.

Reactions: tony b
Contacted today by DSA for pickup Sep 20-27 - Devon, PA.

Non-owner, MSM, AWD, Aero, EAP, FSD, Black Interior
Reserved: 4/10/16
Configured/ordered: 6/28/18

A few weeks ahead of when I expected to hear; wonder whether got accelerated because of EAP, FSD margins for Q3.
No, you are post hump. The participating reservations in the three days between 3/31 and 4/2 are over three times the number between 4/3/16 and end of 2017. This is why, along with you getting scheduled, so are people who reserved in 2018. For myself, I reserved summer of 2017. I expect to hear any day now.