Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Odd, but I'm excited about this... I just got an email to schedule delivery, but I still have an edit button. Hoping it's not an error!

Delivery window is at the end of the month, reserved 4/29/17, configured 6/27. Standard black AWD, EAP.

Hope it's legit, my car is absolutely falling apart.
I got the same email to schedule delivery 9/29-10/6. No call, and my edit button still there no opportunity to fill out financing either. I have a feeling my car is entering production queue and they aren’t ready for my info yet.

No reservation, Model S owner ordered 7/16 changed to 18” Aeros 7/29. Blue, AWD, EAP, Black interior. N Calif

I was surprised but I had an inkling i’d hear something by the end of the month for delivery in late Oct.

Also received an email today. Much faster than I anticipated because I ordered just over two weeks ago with no reservation.

AWD non-performance
Midnight sliver
EAP
Aero 18” wheels
Black interior
Ordered 08/22/2018
Delivery 9/24-10/01
Chicago, IL

Sooo happy! Can’t wait!

Reactions: Cocoa
First of all. thanks to everyone for maintaining your order record - it's helping all of us! If you haven't already, it's worth using the new form so that you will automatically be able to update your existing info easily in future (requires a Google account).

We're starting to get some interesting new indicators from the updated form data - we acknowledge this is based on "only" 984 AWD + Performance orders. Here are existing charts refreshed (oooo, just like an S/X interior!) with the new distinction between P and P+:

Hope this is informative.
  • A higher % of people ordering the Performance PUP configured with Black seats - (67% PUP + Black seats vs. 48% for base vs. 82% for AWD + Black interior):
upload_2018-9-6_20-8-32.png
  • Those ordering the base Performance got a VIN and / or Delivery date quicker than PUP, and much quicker than standard AWD (on average, 28 days (base) vs. 48 days (PUP) vs. 53 days (AWD)):
upload_2018-9-6_20-9-30.png
  • BUT, more people who ordered a Performance w PUP have a VIN and/or Delivery date than those who ordered base (34% vs. 20%) - it just is a longer wait for them:
upload_2018-9-6_20-25-43.png

I'm going to do some new charts based on the new date data fields to help people estimate (or not) the sequence for their own delivery.

Last edited:
I just got an email offering me a pickup in Fremont any day from Sept. 26 to Sept. 30. This is at the early end of the date range. (The range was mid-Sept. to mid-Nov.) I suspect it is because I can do a Fremont pickup. They can get a car off the production line right at the end of the quarter and sold right away with no shipping delay.

Also received an email today. Much faster than I anticipated because I ordered just over two weeks ago with no reservation.

AWD non-performance
Midnight sliver
EAP
Aero 18” wheels
Black interior
Ordered 08/22/2018
Delivery 9/24-10/01
Chicago, IL

Sooo happy! Can’t wait!

Nice! Same config as me, maybe I’ll see you around the city. Saw another MSM in Bucktown last week, still had temp plates on.