Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@cmyke ... I thought I acknowledged in the post you quoted that there are a number of factors affecting delivery order, many of which are understandable for practical reasons. Prioritizing software is also understandable, but only for profit reasons, which to me (and plenty of others) goes against the point of the reservation.

The reservation is not a contract. It's completely refundable. There's no enforceable promise there. (Even the order agreement is barely an enforceable contract. "You give us $2500. We'll give you a car whenever we fee like it, with whatever advance notice we want, for a 1-week window that if you cannot accommodate will result in an indefinite delay.") To me it's about customer treatment. The whole point of the reservation was that you in good faith put up $1k to demonstrate your serious interest and they in good faith prioritize you later. Some people are angry that they reserved day 1 but want SR battery, yet LR are getting priority. Some (like me) are angry they are prioritizing software upgrades that have nothing to do with the practicalities of the roll out and instead purely relate to profit. Some (rightfully) are angry that there are instances of customers with later reservations getting earlier delivery than customers with earlier reservations who have the exact same configuration and location. Everyone can decide where they think the acceptable line is between what Tesla is doing versus what they think Tesla should be doing. So, I know how to read, and wasn't lazy or stupid when I made a reservation. I had a perfectly reasonable expectation (maybe yours was different), and they're not meeting it. This process is not even close to meeting it, not just the delivery order, but the opaqueness and rigidity. Doesn't mean I'm canceling my order (yet). But it certainly has soured me on Tesla.

• Love
Reactions: neroden
So apologies if this has already been talked about here, but I did try to search for it.

I got an email from Tesla - Delivery Scheduling Advisor today who stated my M3 would be ready for pickup but gave no time frame or delivery location. About one hour later I got another email apologizing for the "brevity" of the previous email and gave the missing specifics of delivery between Sept 30 and Oct 7 and my local pickup location. I immediately responded to the email asking if I had a VIN assigned and also asking for the first available day and morning time frame. I then decided to call the 800# to see if they could get me the VIN sooner than an email response. The lady on the phone told me I had no VIN assigned and asked for the details of my email. Once told to her she responded that it must be a glitch! A glitch? She then asked for the name of the DSA and after learning the name said that she had others that had had the same issue with this particular DSA. She said she would have them contact me as they were not available at the time for her to contact. I have had no response to the emails as yet.

Has anyone else had this happen?
A glitch??? Wth! What was the name of the DSA?

FWIW order dates priorities with chrysler pacifica hybrid were a complete mess as well in its first year. When 3 month old orders were fulfilling for some, there were still plenty of people in various regions waiting for orders placed within first month of open order book. Note that this is one year from order date (not reservation, chrysler does not do reservations). Some vehicle were held and then shipped back to factory and then yet re-delivered another 3-4 months later. And we are are talking about much smaller volumes (~500-800 cars a month nationwide). Tesla have been doing fairly relatively well with prioritizing reservation dates by region it seems.

OK, so got the second email confirming my requested delivery time. The website also now reflects this, the timeline for delivery is checked and I still have the edit button. No VIN yet.

No reservation
Ordered 7/28
M3/AWD/White/19"/White Int

Looks like we're on the tail end of notifications for deliveries to be scheduled by the end of the quarter. It's pessimistic, but if you're not notified by next week, you're probably not taking delivery until October at the earliest.

A glitch??? Wth! What was the name of the DSA?

Diego

Looks like we're on the tail end of notifications for deliveries to be scheduled by the end of the quarter. It's pessimistic, but if you're not notified by next week, you're probably not taking delivery until October at the earliest.

My delivery is scheduled for Sep 30. What do you mean by "notified by next week"?

Oh, hell. A few hours after that text telling me that the car is ready on Saturday, I received an email from a second delivery advisor telling me that the car would be ready Sept 23rd.

I have called and texted the first advisor, and no answer or response (in theory my car is ready tomorrow, and no contact??). The second advisor left no contact information beyond the email address she used to send her message. I've replied to the email twice now. And again, no response.

So I'm on top of the game here with not just one, but TWO delivery advisors. Each quoting me a delivery date with two weeks separating them.

Still no change in my order page. Still no VIN.

Weee.
I also got no email response, only to log into my Tesla account and see that delivery was scheduled for a time that I cannot possibly keep.

I have a feeling that I will end up missing this delivery window.

• Love
Reactions: neroden
@cmyke ... I thought I acknowledged in the post you quoted that there are a number of factors affecting delivery order, many of which are understandable for practical reasons. Prioritizing software is also understandable, but only for profit reasons, which to me (and plenty of others) goes against the point of the reservation.

The reservation is not a contract. It's completely refundable. There's no enforceable promise there. (Even the order agreement is barely an enforceable contract. "You give us $2500. We'll give you a car whenever we fee like it, with whatever advance notice we want, for a 1-week window that if you cannot accommodate will result in an indefinite delay.") To me it's about customer treatment. The whole point of the reservation was that you in good faith put up $1k to demonstrate your serious interest and they in good faith prioritize you later. Some people are angry that they reserved day 1 but want SR battery, yet LR are getting priority. Some (like me) are angry they are prioritizing software upgrades that have nothing to do with the practicalities of the roll out and instead purely relate to profit. Some (rightfully) are angry that there are instances of customers with later reservations getting earlier delivery than customers with earlier reservations who have the exact same configuration and location. Everyone can decide where they think the acceptable line is between what Tesla is doing versus what they think Tesla should be doing. So, I know how to read, and wasn't lazy or stupid when I made a reservation. I had a perfectly reasonable expectation (maybe yours was different), and they're not meeting it. This process is not even close to meeting it, not just the delivery order, but the opaqueness and rigidity. Doesn't mean I'm canceling my order (yet). But it certainly has soured me on Tesla.
Fair points all around.

Oh, hell. A few hours after that text telling me that the car is ready on Saturday, I received an email from a second delivery advisor telling me that the car would be ready Sept 23rd.

I have called and texted the first advisor, and no answer or response (in theory my car is ready tomorrow, and no contact??). The second advisor left no contact information beyond the email address she used to send her message. I've replied to the email twice now. And again, no response.

So I'm on top of the game here with not just one, but TWO delivery advisors. Each quoting me a delivery date with two weeks separating them.

Still no change in my order page. Still no VIN.

Weee.

Maybe they're giving you a second Tesla to atone for their sins? :)

What does the tracking spreadsheet look like? Are 75% of first 3 days reservations contacted for delivery in Q3? Or only Bay Area reservations to be delivered before September 30?

In order to make sure the deliveries are booked for Q3, it makes sense to deliver to the Bay Area in the rest of the month. Delivery to other states may not be booked for Q3.

So frustrating to see people that reserved or some that never did are getting their cars way ahead of me with same configurations as mine. Yet here I am two plus years still waiting for the "Edit" option to disappear and for some movement :(
I got the email yesterday telling me my delivery window was Sept26, thru oct 3, I responded within 30 minutes, picked a date and time, my edit design button still there. I used to wait for it to go away, I now think, it has nothing to do with production.

Reactions: JFW1103