Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bet there's going to be a giant list of car ready to go where Tesla can look up and assign it to you right on the spot.
If only somebody could talk to me, and let me know what the deal is. It it were a 10-minute drive, I'd be all over this "party" thing. Having to drive through SF Bay Area traffic... I'd just like to do that once, and know that my car is there waiting for me.

Hey guys,

New to the thread. But hoping those who have been in this thread can help me with my decision with what results have been posted.

Long story short....I received a RWD Model 3 which is now in process of being bought back by Tesla because paint had so many problems they were almost going to repaint the entire car..... but thankfully they’re going to buy it back and now I must purchase a new Model 3.

I’m in mood of upgrading to AWD (loved driving the loaner Model S P90D). But they are saying for a RWD it will be super fast for new replacement car, but AWD they can’t do anything better than the “2-4 months” that is stated for a new order. They said I can still get the Tax credit from the first car, so that’s ok....

You guys know if it will likely be the 2 months vs the 4 months? I can wait another 2 months further without the car, but 4? Until next year? Don’t think I can wait that long. But don’t want to regret not upgrading to AWD....

Appreciate any helpful observations. Looks like many who got “Sept-Nov” are getting September? So 2-4 months can be 2? Help! Haha....

Hey guys,

New to the thread. But hoping those who have been in this thread can help me with my decision with what results have been posted.

Long story short....I received a RWD Model 3 which is now in process of being bought back by Tesla because paint had so many problems they were almost going to repaint the entire car..... but thankfully they’re going to buy it back and now I must purchase a new Model 3.

I’m in mood of upgrading to AWD (loved driving the loaner Model S P90D). But they are saying for a RWD it will be super fast for new replacement car, but AWD they can’t do anything better than the “2-4 months” that is stated for a new order. They said I can still get the Tax credit from the first car, so that’s ok....

You guys know if it will likely be the 2 months vs the 4 months? I can wait another 2 months further without the car, but 4? Until next year? Don’t think I can wait that long. But don’t want to regret not upgrading to AWD....

Appreciate any helpful observations. Looks like many who got “Sept-Nov” are getting September? So 2-4 months can be 2? Help! Haha....
All I can tell you is that I had a September-November delivery window on my reservation and I was just asked to pick a delivery date between 9/18 and 9/25. Looks like they are hitting the front end of their estimates...at least for current reservation holders.

Dan

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
"Tesla" did or some random person nominally employed by Tesla (potentially a contractor rather than an actual employee) did? If it's the later, you're new around here? Because that's an infamously unreliable source of info. Tesla has extremely poor internal communications and message control. You can ask 3 different people on the same showroom floor and get 4 wildly different stories. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yes, we are truly in the age of conspiracy theories, aren't we. LOOK...we know it can't be reservation order as anecdotally, it clearly isn't. Several people have been told the same thing by Tesla so...you can believe it or not. I sleep very well either way.

• Funny
Reactions: ℬête Noire
Hey guys,

Current advice by Tesla is everyone gets a 3 month window. Currently they are hitting month 2 in that 3 month window.

• Disagree
Reactions: Runt8
Yes, we are truly in the age of conspiracy theories, aren't we.

:rolleyes: Well yeah, when we've got idiots willing to ignore a well established and often demonstrated fact that there is extremely poor reliability in what you're told by a random Tesla employee. LOL

LOOK...we know it can't be reservation order as anecdotally, it clearly isn't. Several people have been told the same thing by Tesla so...you can believe it or not. I sleep very well either way.

A basic logic Fail doesn't help either. "A isn't the only factor so A can't be a factor"? JFC

Reservation is very clearly not all of it. How much it matters now? Very unclear, likely less over time as it's becoming much less a differentiator [for current builds available, that'll probably change when the SR pack comes]. But $2500 date and time only certainly doesn't check out, either, by your own standards no less. So yeah, hats off to you for helping us out with that the "age of conspiracy theories".

• Love
Reactions: neroden and Runt8
Hey guys,

A lot of it will depend on your config (color/wheels/seats) and location as to how quickly your order gets placed. There are some that ordered in May when AWD first came available that are still waiting to get a VIN/delivery notification. So you could get lucky and get a car in a few weeks or it could be 4+ months.

:rolleyes: Well yeah, when we've got idiots willing to ignore a well established and often demonstrated fact that there is extremely poor reliability in what you're told by a random Tesla employee. LOL

A basic logic Fail doesn't help either. "A isn't the only factor so A can't be a factor"? JFC

Reservation is very clearly not all of it. How much it matters now? Very unclear, likely less over time as it's becoming much less a differentiator [for current builds available, that'll probably change when the SR pack comes]. But $2500 date and time only certainly doesn't check out, either, by your own standards no less. So yeah, hats off to you for helping us out with that the "age of conspiracy theories".
That's almost funny. Tell ya what, you call sales and tell them they don't know what they are talking about. You can probably go to your local jr college and take some courses in statistics. To be sure, they batch cars by color, destination, interior. Tesla's point was, as related to several, reservation date is irrelevant. With that, have a nice life.

Trying to keep the faith. Haven’t heard from my DS (whatever they’re called) Julie F. since she asked for my preferred delivery date. Nothing has changed on web page. I’m concerned about the company as a whole. Did Julie quit like everyone else there? Why can’t Elon keep his mouth shut and work on getting cars out?

That's almost funny. Tell ya what, you call sales and tell them they don't know what they are talking about.
Counterproposal; You pull your head out of your posterior and scan up and down this forum noting the wide variety of outright contradictory things people have been told by "sales" and other various Tesla agents.

You can probably go to your local jr college and take some courses in statistics.

Where they'll say things like I just said? Project much?

• Disagree
  • Love
Reactions: neroden and Nvbob
Trying to keep the faith. Haven’t heard from my DS (whatever they’re called) Julie F. since she asked for my preferred delivery date. Nothing has changed on web page. I’m concerned about the company as a whole. Did Julie quit like everyone else there? Why can’t Elon keep his mouth shut and work on getting cars out?
Julie is my advisor also. Heard from her yesterday. My problem is; she emailed me and told me to log into my account, fill out credit app, it’s not there. She also said to do my trade in stuff, it’s not there either, any ideas?

Julie is my advisor also. Heard from her yesterday. My problem is; she emailed me and told me to log into my account, fill out credit app, it’s not there. She also said to do my trade in stuff, it’s not there either, any ideas?
I am suspecting that these emails are scripted and sent by a bot even if they come from specific DSA’s mailbox. I received similar email yesterday from my DSA (Brodie) asking me to follow online workflow and take care of payment, trade-in etc. I responded within 5 minutes and I got her out-of-office response. She definitely did not take the time on her day off to remind me of my next steps :rolleyes:

• Love
Reactions: neroden
I have received 3 emails and the signature had same name Chris S but different titles each time.

Not sure which ones are by bot.

I am suspecting that these emails are scripted and sent by a bot even if they come from specific DSA’s mailbox. I received similar email yesterday from my DSA (Brodie) asking me to follow online workflow and take care of payment, trade-in etc. I responded within 5 minutes and I got her out-of-office response. She definitely did not take the time on her day off to remind me of my next steps :rolleyes:

Current advice by Tesla is everyone gets a 3 month window. Currently they are hitting month 2 in that 3 month window.
Or you could get it in under 3 weeks without a reservation.

In my case, I’m hoping they hit my original window at all which was Aug-Oct. Of course they pushed it back days afterwards to Sept-Nov, so it depends if you use the window at time of config or the window Tesla may change it to after the fact. Keep in mind, that change was done without communication, so who’s to say they won’t change it again.