Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Updates from the AWD / Performance Order Tracker (link in my sig). Please continue to add / update your info.

upload_2018-9-8_9-1-49.png

Link to this chart live
  • 43% of all Day 1 reservationists now have at least a VIN and/or Delivery date, and over half (52%) for Performance configurations
  • Overall, 28% of all orders have a VIN and/or Delivery date
  • For details by different level of Tesla response, see here
upload_2018-9-8_11-32-45.png

Link to this chart live
  • Scheduled delivery dates ramping up
upload_2018-9-8_12-0-48.png

Link to this chart live
  • Contact from Tesla is also ramping up - this is shaping up to be a BIG quarter

upload_2018-9-8_10-40-42.png

Link to this table live
  • Black exterior has the highest % waiting to get a VIN and/or Delivery date, but when they get one, it was quick (might mean, Tesla produced a lot of Black exterior at first, and less now
  • White has the highest % with a VIN and/or Delivery date at 45%
upload_2018-9-8_12-5-49.png

Link to this chart live
  • Locations with highest response from Tesla (>= 10 orders):
    • Missouri (61% of 13 orders)
    • New Jersey (53% of 36 orders)
    • Maryland (52% of 21 orders)
    • Florida (39% of 33 orders)
  • Worst (>= 10 orders):
    • Ontario (9% of 23 orders)
    • Kansas (10% of 10 orders)
    • Connecticut and Quebec (14% of 14 orders)
  • Canada starting to get VINs and delivery dates (7%)
  • Biggest is of course California, where 30% of 191 orders have been contacted
Hope this is informative. Thanks to @Troy and others for their suggestions.

Attachments

• upload_2018-9-8_10-33-59.png
    upload_2018-9-8_10-33-59.png
    71.1 KB · Views: 36
Or you could get it in under 3 weeks without a reservation.

In my case, I’m hoping they hit my original window at all which was Aug-Oct. Of course they pushed it back days afterwards to Sept-Nov, so it depends if you use the window at time of config or the window Tesla may change it to after the fact. Keep in mind, that change was done without communication, so who’s to say they won’t change it again.
Where do you stand in the "Prepare for Delivery" overview? I suspect I'll take delivery this month, yet I am still in order step with the only thing pending are the trade-in self assessment. That should be in their hands no later than Monday. I suspect I'll be schedule delivery next week. The biggest thing in people's favor is Q3 close in 3 weeks.

OK, so the big "delivery experience" at Fremont has been live for 40 minutes. Do we have any liver reporters on scene to let us know what the heck is going on? No way that I can make it there today. But I *could* make it tomorrow. I just don't see how they can pull this off... or really what the point is? why not just have all potential customers come in randomly without having payment prepared in advance? Why just do it one weekend?

Updates from the AWD / Performance Order Tracker (link in my sig). Please continue to add / update your info.

View attachment 333028
Link to this chart live
  • 43% of all Day 1 reservationists now have at least a VIN and/or Delivery date, and over half (52%) for Performance configurations
  • Overall, 28% of all orders have a VIN and/or Delivery date
  • For details by different level of Tesla response, see here
View attachment 333064
Link to this chart live
  • Scheduled delivery dates ramping up
View attachment 333072
Link to this chart live
  • Contact from Tesla is also ramping up - this is shaping up to be a BIG quarter

View attachment 333052
Link to this table live
  • Black exterior has the highest % waiting to get a VIN and/or Delivery date, but when they get one, it was quick (might mean, Tesla produced a lot of Black exterior at first, and less now
  • White has the highest % with a VIN and/or Delivery date at 45%
View attachment 333074
Link to this chart live
  • Locations with highest response from Tesla (>= 10 orders):
    • Missouri (61% of 13 orders)
    • New Jersey (53% of 36 orders)
    • Maryland (52% of 21 orders)
    • Florida (39% of 33 orders)
  • Worst (>= 10 orders):
    • Ontario (9% of 23 orders)
    • Kansas (10% of 10 orders)
    • Connecticut and Quebec (14% of 14 orders)
  • Canada starting to get VINs and delivery dates (7%)
  • Biggest is of course California, where 30% of 191 orders have been contacted
Hope this is informative. Thanks to @Troy and others for their suggestions.
How easy would it be to use order date rather than reservation. I was, again, told it's by datetime of earnest money payment ($2500). The closest captured date is order date. Others have been told that as well. I suspect, that would show a lower variance. If so, that would be statistical proof its order not reservation.

OK, so the big "delivery experience" at Fremont has been live for 40 minutes. Do we have any liver reporters on scene to let us know what the heck is going on? No way that I can make it there today. But I *could* make it tomorrow. I just don't see how they can pull this off... or really what the point is? why not just have all potential customers come in randomly without having payment prepared in advance? Why just do it one weekend?

Try https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/model-3-delivery-experience-tomorrow-in-fremont.128075

• Informative
Reactions: EVnut
I am suspecting that these emails are scripted and sent by a bot even if they come from specific DSA’s mailbox. I received similar email yesterday from my DSA (Brodie) asking me to follow online workflow and take care of payment, trade-in etc. I responded within 5 minutes and I got her out-of-office response. She definitely did not take the time on her day off to remind me of my next steps :rolleyes:

Agree. I got my initial email from one DSA and got a reply from a whole other one.

Does anyone have a list of the trade in photos they want? My trade in link is still grayed out but I would like to take the pictures this weekend so I can upload them whenever the option becomes active for me. I most likely won’t take their offer but I figured why not try.

Does anyone have a list of the trade in photos they want? My trade in link is still grayed out but I would like to take the pictures this weekend so I can upload them whenever the option becomes active for me. I most likely won’t take their offer but I figured why not try.
My understanding is, I asked the same question,
full on - front, left, right, rear
45 degree - rear left, rear right, front left, front right
interior - from rear seat of front dash
trade-in vs cash - unless you live in a no tax state, trade-in lowers your sales tax far more than the higher person to person sale will offset it.
CarMax told me Tesla will offer you more than they will.
Tesla sent the picture instructions to me but SMS sent to my landline phone. So it was never received.

• Informative
Reactions: jsrawa
Just got my email. Delivery Dates to choose from between September 20-27th at the Fremont location.

Edit button is still there and only the first box is marked on the overview.

Reserved 4-2-2016
Configured 6-28-208
AWD, White, Black Interior, 19" wheels, EAP
We have the same configuratio
That's almost funny. Tell ya what, you call sales and tell them they don't know what they are talking about. You can probably go to your local jr college and take some courses in statistics. To be sure, they batch cars by color, destination, interior. Tesla's point was, as related to several, reservation date is irrelevant. With that, have a nice life.
IMO, people who buy into the notion that reservation date is "irrelevant" are deluding themselves.

Got the email (DSA was Victor) yesterday to schedule delivery Oct 1 to Oct 8. No confirmation so far and no changes on my account.

Just called and the agent indicated that there is no way you can have a delivery appointment scheduled until you have a VIN. Seems to contradict most folks who were emailed.
That makes perfect sense as what will get delivered is YOUR car not first come, first served. Yes, there has to be a VIN and MVPA

My understanding is, I asked the same question,
full on - front, left, right, rear
45 degree - rear left, rear right, front left, front right
interior - from rear seat of front dash
trade-in vs cash - unless you live in a no tax state, trade-in lowers your sales tax far more than the higher person to person sale will offset it.
CarMax told me Tesla will offer you more than they will.
Tesla sent the picture instructions to me but SMS sent to my landline phone. So it was never received.

Thanks for this. Very helpful. I have a weird deal. I’m driving from Chicago to Denver and back right before I trade in car. Wondering how this will sit with Tesla and hoping it doesn’t impact date of delivery. I’ll miss my manual GTI (especially revving engine on slow drivers!), but I’ve already moved on......

Delivery event: yes it is first come first serve, these are priced with new prices, extra 500 on paint, extra 200 delivery, exact contract prices are not honored. Contract swapped for any new configuration per current sticker. OK I decided to pass, can well wait for my locked price.

• Informative
Reactions: tony b
Thanks for this. Very helpful. I have a weird deal. I’m driving from Chicago to Denver and back right before I trade in car. Wondering how this will sit with Tesla and hoping it doesn’t impact date of delivery. I’ll miss my manual GTI (especially revving engine on slow drivers!), but I’ve already moved on......
OK, one other thing I heard is mileage at trade-in cannot be more than 1,000 from mileage at self-evaluation. In other words, offer is contingent on car being same state at trade-in as it was reported as.

Like many here, I was surprised to receive a delivery scheduling email for Sep. 21-28.

8/19/18 reserve & config
Oct-Dec delivery estimate
No config changes

AWD LRD
Red
White interior
19" sport wheels
EAP
FSD

9/6/18 delivery appointment email
Same day response from me
9/6/18 delivery appointment confirmed (for 9/28/18)
Home delivery in Orlando, FL

Still got the edit button on the website, and no VIN (that I know of).

Profile is as complete as I can have it right now.

Not able to add further trade or payment information yet, though my DSA's email contained further instructions to upload more info. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯