Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I still have trade in and financing grayed out despite confirmation of my delivery appointment this week, is everyone else who was emailed this week in the same boat?
if you have been scheduled for delivery, that's the way it works. If you want to change your order now it means changing your car and you can do that through your delivery advisor. That's why these buttons are grayed out to prevent people from using them!

I believe my backdoor link to the design studio stopped working this morning. Can anyone confirm this isn't a change in the website's code? Can any of you still access it? I did not receive an email on Thursday despite being a 2017 reservation holder so it'd be interesting if this is true because even those who got the email can still edit.

Reserved March '17
Configured May 7 2018 RWD
Deferred for AWD late May
Reconfigured June 28
AWD non-P MSM Aero EAP
Tyson's Corner Delivery Center
Edit Design button long gone due to cash payment option

I believe my backdoor link to the design studio stopped working this morning. Can anyone confirm this isn't a change in the website's code? Can any of you still access it? I did not receive an email on Thursday despite being a 2017 reservation holder so it'd be interesting if this is true because even those who got the email can still edit.

Reserved March '17
Reconfigured June 28
AWD non-P MSM Aero EAP
Good...back door means people who don't know what they are doing are circumventing the software. As for confirmation. Another thing I was told speaking to Tesla the other night is they have changed their procedures and software. So it is likely given all the male self-fulfillment over back doors they closed it. These people are trying to run a business not be a video game gallery for teens.

I believe you are correct. When I was up at the Dedham store I tried my phone on the usb-c connector, perfectly seated. Go to The Official Tesla Shop | Tesla or go into tesla.com and select shop and you can find them..eventually. Unlike a cable that comes with the phone, it is MUCH smaller and does, as you say, have a 90 degree bend, presumably to seat properly in the opening and not simply be pushed out of the way when you seat your phone. My 'other' phone is an iPhone 4s and has a connector that is..1 1/2" - 2" so there is no way I can use it. I'm guessing those with Apple phones likely have to be 7 or above. Fortunately my new phone is Pixel2 XL (usb-c).

Thanks. But I can buy a generic USB-c with 90°. Would it fit? Basically I need aft least one of all three. Four counting my old iPod. I guess I can always plug into the back seat USB, right?

if you have been scheduled for delivery, that's the way it works. If you want to change your order now it means changing your car and you can do that through your delivery advisor. That's why these buttons are grayed out to prevent people from using them!

I think you misread my post. I don't want to change my car, I want to add my trade in and financing info. I'm scheduled for delivery this month.

Reactions: Ron Kerensky
Good...back door means people who don't know what they are doing are circumventing the software. As for confirmation. Another thing I was told speaking to Tesla the other night is they have changed their procedures and software. So it is likely given all the male self-fulfillment over back doors they closed it. These people are trying to run a business not be a video game gallery for teens.

Backdoor still working here.

Yep, I can still access it despite the website saying I have a scheduled delivery of 9/22.

I wrote a script that checks to see if it’s accessible every 8 hours, and at last check it was.

Also, congrats @wcorey. Sexism and ageism in the same paragraph... never thought I’d see the day. Especially ironic, because V9 of the software is going to literally have a video game gallery ;)

Thanks. But I can buy a generic USB-c with 90°. Would it fit? Basically I need aft least one of all three. Four counting my old iPod. I guess I can always plug into the back seat USB, right?
That's a good point. Funny thing is, at home I need USB cords 12' or more to keep the phone/tablet on power when sitting in family room. In the car, I believe, it needs to be around 4"-5" as from one of the teslanomic vids, as I recall, that cord plugs into a standard USB jack directly under the back plane of the phone compartment. I saw a vid on the subject and it appeared there was precious room for coiling a cord. It may well be on the tesla site on how to change plugs if you haven't looked there yet.

Reserved March '17
Reconfigured June 28
AWD non-P MSM Aero EAP

mine stopped working now as well.. now appointment for delivery yet

I think you misread my post. I don't want to change my car, I want to add my trade in and financing info. I'm scheduled for delivery this month.
Far enough but in either event, it wasn't a personal indictment. I said what I did as I spent close to 50 yrs in software development. I've done web apps. They are inherently stateless, so any invocation needs to preserve and resurrect existing state. That someone deciphered an http redirect and short circuited the process to change state after the logic of the series of cooperative web apps indicated the state of the order was fixed is circumventing the system. On my screen it clearly said if you want to remove the trade-in or change it, talk to your delivery advisor. They put that *sugar* in for a reason. The ferver over the 'discovery' of the redirect sure sounded like a bunch of teen/early 20-something discovering the secret to the next level of D&D or Doom. It's a business system not a video or board game. I'm showing my age now...huh?

• Disagree
Reactions: Cyb_ and Runt8
Backdoor still working here.
Yep, I can still access it despite the website saying I have a scheduled delivery of 9/22.

I wrote a script that checks to see if it’s accessible every 8 hours, and at last check it was.

Also, congrats @wcorey. Sexism and ageism in the same paragraph... never thought I’d see the day. Especially ironic, because V9 of the software is going to literally have a video game gallery ;)
As I said earlier...in a year a whole slew of used M3s will be available...yours, I can not safely predict, will be among them, unless of course you total it. Happy gaming!!!

• Disagree
Reactions: voip-ninja

I misunderstood your reference to sexism...OK, you're right, females can do that too.

Reserved March '17
Reconfigured June 28
AWD non-P MSM Aero EAP
Still works for me as well. I did receive an email and have a delivery scheduled for the end of the month.

Far enough but in either event, it wasn't a personal indictment. I said what I did as I spent close to 50 yrs in software development. I've done web apps. They are inherently stateless, so any invocation needs to preserve and resurrect existing state. That someone deciphered an http redirect and short circuited the process to change state after the logic of the series of cooperative web apps indicated the state of the order was fixed is circumventing the system. On my screen it clearly said if you want to remove the trade-in or change it, talk to your delivery advisor. They put that *sugar* in for a reason. The ferver over the 'discovery' of the redirect sure sounded like a bunch of teen/early 20-something discovering the secret to the next level of D&D or Doom. It's a business system not a video or board game. I'm showing my age now...huh?
Again, unless some of those 50 years were spent working for Tesla then you have no idea how their system works. Manually editing the url includes the reservation number, which my many years experience as a software engineer would tell me is the only state necessary (you have to be logged in to your account, so the reservation number is necessary to differentiate between multiple orders on the same account; everything else can and should be looked up on the backend). I still have seen no evidence that there is any difference between clicking on the edit link vs manually editing the url.

However, there is an abundance of evidence that the visibility of the edit link is only based on the payment and trade-in options selected by the user and the so-called “backdoor” method of accessing the configurator is a valid way to determine if a VIN has been designed.

Reserved March '17
Reconfigured June 28
AWD non-P MSM Aero EAP

Mine stopped working on Saturday when I was asked to provide additional loan and trade in info. I wasn’t part of the batch of emails received on Thursday. My trade in is still yellow, any idea how long it take to get an offer after you submit the information?

Reservation: Feb 2018
Dedham, MA delivery center