Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Julie is my advisor also. Heard from her yesterday. My problem is; she emailed me and told me to log into my account, fill out credit app, it’s not there. She also said to do my trade in stuff, it’s not there either, any ideas?
Get on the phone and spend an afternoon trying to get the paperwork ready. With Tesla, constantly nagging them is sometimes the only way to get them to do anything.

Random question -- I currently have delivery scheduled for the end of this month. I had indicated that I had no trade-in, but looks like I have the ability to change that to "yes." I had planned on selling one of my other cars after I took delivery on the 3, but thought I might want to at least see what Tesla's offer might be. Do we think by changing to "yes" for a trade-in I might adversely affect my delivery date?

Yes. Trade-ins are extra work for Tesla, and the people doing the work are overworked. Also, Tesla generally makes poor trade-in offers; they *really* don't want ICE trade-ins, and sell them in bulk to auction houses.

Just sell your car separately.

To be clear about this: it ought to be fine, and it might be fine. But if your delivery advisor is overworked, or the people evaluating the trade-ins are overworked, it might cause a delay. If it's financially important to do a trade-in, go ahead and do it. But in most cases Tesla makes worse offers than third parties anyway, so if you were already planning to just sell the car later, do that.

How did you get your VIN? They refuse to give me my VIN. The last rep I spoke to was a bit curt. I am scheduled for delivery in 2 weeks. I'm pre-approved for a loan and I have coordinate payment. They require a VIN.

I was told the VIN won't be assigned till around 7 days before picking the car up. Definitely seems like a recipe for disaster if the VIN is needed for other things like getting your loan financed, having time to do the ACH payment, etc.

That's why I did an unsecured loan.

I believe that it's not a case of "you have a VIN but they won't tell you"... if you look at the java console of your configuration page the VIN would be in there somewhere if it was assigned, and mine is not. The other back door way of discovering your VIN before they tell you is to go to the Tesla online store, put a wall connector in your shopping cart and go to check out. If your VIN is already assigned it will show up there.

How did you get your VIN? They refuse to give me my VIN. The last rep I spoke to was a bit curt. I am scheduled for delivery in 2 weeks. I'm pre-approved for a loan and I have coordinate payment. They require a VIN.
Make it very clear that you need the VIN to get the loan, and explain how many business days it will take from getting the VIN to being able to pay Tesla. Tell them you need the VIN by day such-and-such or you will be unable to pay on the delivery date, and could they please make it possible for them to take your money.

If your delivery advisor is still unhelpful, get his or her boss. Delivery advisors *do* handle this situation for other people.

Reactions: JFW1103
Wow, that is terrible. If you have some free time, I'd try to reach "Logan Beaton"'s boss to find out what he's playing at. And I'd keep checking with Mt. Kisco; the local centers seem to be the only people who konw anything.
I'm not sure. I have Logan as my DA and my order seems to be moving along just fine (got my Tesla loan approved yesterday and filled out my trade-in today). Yes, getting anything but an automated response is hard (impossible?) but that's probably more the sheer volume they are dealing with than the individual's fault.

I just called the general number to correct a typo (my fault) in my account, and the guy answered my order was moving forward and locked to the DA now. He also said "Logan is in today at 8AM and will make the change for you". He noted that everyone is swamped and therefore so it may take longer to process, especially after a weekend.

To clarify, I know that I may very well end up without a car on the 20th for whatever reason, but I have no indication right now that Logan (or any DA for that matter) is sending out incorrect invites. I find it more plausible they invited a whole bunch of folks and try to get all the paperwork in order to maximize q3 deliveries. Unfortunately, that probably means that one tiny error in the process will result in some of us not getting a car, so I'm already mentally prepared for that.

• Helpful
Reactions: neroden
Picked up my car yesterday in Fremont. The detailing shop did kind of a poor job and had to be redone. The charge port door doesn’t manually open and the left rear lights aren’t flush. Other than that, it’s a wonderful car! Silky-smooth acceleration and corners on rails!

What VIN is your car? Did it come with the dual motor badge already applied?

Picked up my car yesterday in Fremont. The detailing shop did kind of a poor job and had to be redone. The charge port door doesn’t manually open and the left rear lights aren’t flush. Other than that, it’s a wonderful car! Silky-smooth acceleration and corners on rails!
Congratulations!!! I am scheduled to pick up my car today at 2pm. I did check it out in the parking lot yesterday. I noticed rear left light is not flushed properly too. Did you ask them to fix it?

Reactions: tony b
Called again to see if I have a VIN at least, and that's a negative. This is kind of getting crazy as it seems people who just months ago placed orders are getting their cars and I reserved over two years ago and am still waiting.

Reserved: 6/3/2016
Configured: 6/27/2018
----Still waiting for any movement----

Called again to see if I have a VIN at least, and that's a negative. This is kind of getting crazy as it seems people who just months ago placed orders are getting their cars and I reserved over two years ago and am still waiting.

source.gif

There are day one line waiters who still haven't been contacted. You reserved two months after the doors opened... I wouldn't be getting angry just yet.

Easy for you to say now that you have a delivery. The rest of us outliers are getting more and more frustrated.
It appears if you aren't taking EAP and/ or White Seats, then you are left out in the cold. They aren't prioritizing based on reservations. Priority based on profit margins and delivery logistics.

I have white seats and EAP. Still out in the cold...

Finally confirmed all details and paid the last deposit. Now all I have to do is pick up the car on Friday.

Non owner, Non employee
3/31/16 Web reservation
4/18/18 1st Config. offer
6/26/18 Ordered AWD
7/23/18 Changed to White Interior
8/19/18 VIN #966XX and contacted by IDA after I emailed the Financing people asking who my IDA was.
9/05/18 Trade-in accepted & final MVPA created by Tesla (Replaced Order document on Tesla Account)
9/08/18 VIN is listed on Tesla Account
9/10/18 Final deposit made
9/14/18 Scheduled Delivery

Deep Blue Metallic
Premium White Interior
Long Range Dual Motor
Premium Package
18” Aero
No EAP or FSD

Easy for you to say now that you have a delivery. The rest of us outliers are getting more and more frustrated.
It appears if you aren't taking EAP and/ or White Seats, then you are left out in the cold. They aren't prioritizing based on reservations. Priority based on profit margins and delivery logistics.

I don't disagree, and I would hate me too if I was in your shoes.

My lease was already extended a month, I had initially wanted the white seats, and I just changed my order after seeing no movement out of desperation... then I got lucky.

It was either spend a bit more on my order to change the seats and hope that moved me up (already had opted for EAP) or turn in my BMW in a few weeks and spend x amount of weeks after that driving our oldest and most beat up car. Wouldn't have been the end of the world but I'm used to being pampered when it comes to personal transportation.

Maybe karma will bite me in the ass and I will get someone else's rejected POS.

Congratulations!!! I am scheduled to pick up my car today at 2pm. I did check it out in the parking lot yesterday. I noticed rear left light is not flushed properly too. Did you ask them to fix it?

Let us know how it goes, im thinking i might want to switch from Raleigh to Richmond given the trouble they have with delivering and storing cars.