Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In other-words, 2017 , 2018 and 2019 M3's are all one and the same till Tesla do a refresh/face lift of some kind which I believe they did to Model S once so far in several years with the nose design.
Yes, that is right, except actually they rev the Model S (and I’m sure other models) all the time, a recent example being the new generation of center display.
However, I believe for purposes of insurance, labeling on vendor sites like TireRack etc., they need to have an official model year designation.
As far as I know, it’s just “the year in which the car was built” (or maybe delivered), nothing more than that. Every now and then this is slightly problematic, e.g. there’s different roof rack mounting hardware for Model S built summer 2015 and later than there is for ones built earlier, so “2015 Model S” isn’t enough info. But mostly, I like the practice.

Reactions: ConcordeSST
With all this paint drama, I'm now wondering when they'll ever get to build my config.
AWD, Red, Sport, NO EAP

I get the sense they will now knock out all OB and MS to clear those lines and that will push every other color cofig out.
Red appears to be a giant bottleneck and suggests to me that I'm going to get hosed if I think I'll see delivery before anytime earlier than November.

The person on Monday said I’d hear something or see a change in the website in 72 hours... 4 days later and nada

I called in August and a young lady said my delivery advisor was named Eric and I’d be hearing from him soon

Then at the beginning of September a young man said I had a delivery advisor named Lauren.

Sometimes I wonder if these guys spin a wheel when we call them and give us random information.. it’s like everyone is just making it up as they go
Hi. Stop calling

With all this paint drama, I'm now wondering when they'll ever get to build my config.
AWD, Red, Sport, NO EAP

I get the sense they will now knock out all OB and MS to clear those lines and that will push every other color cofig out.
Red appears to be a giant bottleneck and suggests to me that I'm going to get hosed if I think I'll see delivery before anytime earlier than November.

If the Troy tracker numbers are any good.. P/P+ is pretty much done and the few waiting should hear soon worst case by Oct 1st once the Q3 madness is over in 15 days.. AWD - we are 60-75% and not too many new sales per the tracker.. so the folks like us who are still waiting will keep the lines busy between now and mid-Oct to get all delivered before end of Oct. As we all know RWD is off the shelf product now for the most part. There should be no one waiting more than 2 weeks after end of Oct is my guess ..off-course with some outliers and exceptions as always (like Texas issues). Data doesn't lie is my hope and Tesla's crazy actions (jacking up price.. sending request to buy RWD with free SC etc) proves the backlog is almost empty. Remember, most part of last two weeks of Sept production won't get delivered and going to carry over into Oct (almost 10,000 M3's) which will bring one to our driveway soon.

Reactions: Dexterryu
oh snap, we have movement... Texas buyer fyi-special hoops

ordered/configured with no reservation 7/29/2018
orig config-LR-awd-black-prem black-no EAP
9/15/18 change to DBM-white interior
9/16/2018 asked for financing info on account page

Wow, so your account page changed today, as in Sunday? I was just assuming nothing would change on a Sunday, but maybe they are working 7 days a week right now. Unless maybe you didn’t check it at all yesterday and just saw the change for the first time today. But what are the odds of that!!!

Wow, so your account page changed today, as in Sunday? I was just assuming nothing would change on a Sunday, but maybe they are working 7 days a week right now. Unless maybe you didn’t check it at all yesterday and just saw the change for the first time today. But what are the odds of that!!!
yessir it changed sometime after i changed my config last night to white interior. im one of the obsessed that check my account 10 times a day.

Back when I was doing my financing, emails went back and forth with a chap in their finance department in Fremont sat and sun. He said they were a tad behind lol

Yes, that is right, except actually they rev the Model S (and I’m sure other models) all the time, a recent example being the new generation of center display.

As far as I know, it’s just “the year in which the car was built” (or maybe delivered), nothing more than that. Every now and then this is slightly problematic, e.g. there’s different roof rack mounting hardware for Model S built summer 2015 and later than there is for ones built earlier, so “2015 Model S” isn’t enough info. But mostly, I like the practice.
A car built in 2018 but purchased/delivered in 2019 is still a 2018 car.

• Informative
Reactions: jgs
AWD, Red, Sport, NO EAP

If I am not mistaken, earlier today someone said..begins with snap!, they just configured (initial contact) a MCR and have a provide financing / trade-in prompt. I'd put money on you'll get yours in Oct. (month 2 of your 3 month window) just as Tesla advised).

If the Troy tracker numbers are any good.. P/P+ is pretty much done and the few waiting should hear soon worst case by Oct 1st once the Q3 madness is over in 15 days.. AWD - we are 60-75% and not too many new sales per the tracker.. so the folks like us who are still waiting will keep the lines busy between now and mid-Oct to get all delivered before end of Oct. As we all know RWD is off the shelf product now for the most part. There should be no one waiting more than 2 weeks after end of Oct is my guess ..off-course with some outliers and exceptions as always (like Texas issues). Data doesn't lie is my hope and Tesla's crazy actions (jacking up price.. sending request to buy RWD with free SC etc) proves the backlog is almost empty. Remember, most part of last two weeks of Sept production won't get delivered and going to carry over into Oct (almost 10,000 M3's) which will bring one to our driveway soon.

Hmmm. Last I read was AWD was only about 33% through September with existing delivery appointments

My delivery is scheduled for Sept. 29 and my ISA has assured me that it's still on schedule. However, my edit URL still works which makes me think they haven't built the car yet.

Anyone else with deliveries in the next 2 weeks with working edit links/backdoor edit URLs?