Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just updated my Tesla account and finally have VIN. 105XXX. Scheduled delivery 3pm this Tuesday, 9/25. Tesla financing, trade in. DBM, Premium Black interior, LR, AWD, 18 Aeros, EAP. My DSAs have been pretty non responsive throughout the process. I called 888 number one day and after fairly short wait got Jennifer/CS in Vegas. She took charge and got things rolling. When my SMS link for my trade in didn’t work, Jennifer got me to Kris/Inside Advisor in Vegas who took charge of that, asked for and got the photos she needed tonight, and, voila, all of a sudden I have my VIN. Coincidence? Maybe. But I think there are some really sharp support people who work for Tesla and will go the extra mile to help. Don’t have my car yet, but I know it will be worth it all.

How smooth is trade in proces and value ?

Just updated my Tesla account and finally have VIN. 105XXX. Scheduled delivery 3pm this Tuesday, 9/25. Tesla financing, trade in. DBM, Premium Black interior, LR, AWD, 18 Aeros, EAP. My DSAs have been pretty non responsive throughout the process. I called 888 number one day and after fairly short wait got Jennifer/CS in Vegas. She took charge and got things rolling. When my SMS link for my trade in didn’t work, Jennifer got me to Kris/Inside Advisor in Vegas who took charge of that, asked for and got the photos she needed tonight, and, voila, all of a sudden I have my VIN. Coincidence? Maybe. But I think there are some really sharp support people who work for Tesla and will go the extra mile to help. Don’t have my car yet, but I know it will be worth it all.

Been waiting so incredibly long for a model 3, but still haven't heard a thing from Tesla about payment or delivery. Model S owner, day one reservation holder, 6/28 configuration and deposit date, and I live in KC, MO.
My configuration is LR AWD, Red, 18'' wheels, and black interior with no EAP. Really wish Tesla would just reach out to me in some way to let me know something is happening, that things are still on track. Frustrating to see others with the same configuration getting their cars, especially those who were supposed to be behind me in queue.

Been waiting so incredibly long for a model 3, but still haven't heard a thing from Tesla about payment or delivery. Model S owner, day one reservation holder, 6/28 configuration and deposit date, and I live in KC, MO.
My configuration is LR AWD, Red, 18'' wheels, and black interior with no EAP. Really wish Tesla would just reach out to me in some way to let me know something is happening, that things are still on track. Frustrating to see others with the same configuration getting their cars, especially those who were supposed to be behind me in queue.

Sorry to hear your story. It's not fair. But I wish you get some contact soon.

Reactions: tony b
I've been lurking here for a while, actually, lurking isn't the word. I've read every post. I follow this thread daily. Following everyone's delivery dates, delays, successful deliveries, and even the radio silence from a handful of you. Well, today something happened for me. My financing opened up, and the "edit design" link disappeared. Now, I've not heard a peep from Tesla. No delivery date, not a damn thing.
However, I have a VIN assigned. How do I know? A friend works at my local Tesla SC, he messaged me the second it came up in his system. Then he pinged the car, to see where it was (Richmond, CA).
So, what's interesting here is back to that "edit design" link, and financing opening, that's when your'e assigned to a car. When you're assigned to a car, YOU HAVE A VIN, regardless of what someone in some office says. take from it what you will, but i found it curious, especially after reading all of this thread.
Reserved: May 2018
Config: June 2018
Changed colour: August 2018
Red, black interior, AWD, 19s.
Vancouver, Canada

If this was a ticket window and I sold my place in line to the person behind me for $1 per place, I would have enough money to upgrade to Performance w/PUP by now. This is just based on all the people who moved ahead of me in this line. $1 per place people, is that too much to ask?

You know many of you would have paid it a year ago when we thought this line meant something. :)

72 hours will be tomorrow. I am waiting until then to make a call if my account still doesn't have a vin.
I follow the "Bombay Guideline."

Decades ago I worked for a major airline. An IT buddy had started at check-in before working his way up. He mentioned that one of that crew's happiest days was when their employer signed an inter-line agreement (check-in once, baggage transferred automatically) with Air India. I asked if there was that much travel to India in the '70s. He explained there wasn't much demand. However, if you treated the check-in agent very badly, the destination on your ticket didn't matter - your luggage was checked through to Bombay (Mumbai)!

Conclusion - treat everyone in business respectfully and cheerfully. Adopt the attitude that you're both working towards the best outcome - most times you are. Even if that person on the other side of the desk can't help you as much as you would like, they can "accidentally" do a world of damage.

In this case, share your frustration on this list, with your therapist, bartender, spiritual advisor, life partner, sympathetic pet...but not Tesla staff. Tesla people are under tremendous pressure and know there are a lot of unhappy customers. Try to make their day easier, and they respond by helping you.

- Have your Order number handy.
- Call the Tesla site where delivery is scheduled at their start of business on Friday.
- Select Delivery from the phone menu.
- When you reach a human, explain that your delivery is scheduled Monday, you would like to confirm that all the pieces are in place. Give your order number and name.
- Once the Delivery person has shared their information, you can ask your questions to ensure you'll have all your pieces in place.
- Delivery can't do everything, they may transfer you to one of the site's Ownership Advisors to handle aspects of the order. Thank the Delivery person and stick with the call - it seems that OAs have recently been given far more capability within your order.
- When you're done, please remember to sincerely thank them for their help in getting you closer to Tesla ownership.

Adopt a polite, business-like tone, despite all your frustration. This is your first encounter with these particular humans, and they REALLY want their location to deliver as many cars as possible before month-end. They're eager to work with you for successful delivery of your order - nobody wins if your car isn't delivered.

Double-check your MVPA - my VIN was on that document days before it surfaced on the status page.

Last edited:
I'm scheduled for a delivery this Sunday Sept 23rd. I think.

A call came (to voice mail) this afternoon from Sophie. Here's my transcript of the message:
--------------------
Hi This is Sophie at Tesla.
We may call you back confirming final delivery checklist.
We have you coming in Sept 23rd for delivery at Fremont.
A team member might reach out to you later today or tomorrow to make sure we have all our ducks in a row and to answer any of your questions.

Your Inside Delivery Advisor is Rafael. It looks like he sent a text to you. He may have tried to send you an email. Looks like an email and text was sent. Please reach out to Rafael if you have any questions.
--------------------------​
Now... Rafael.... two weeks back on Sept 6th sent me a text telling me two things.
1. That he is my delivery advisor. (guess he got that right!)
2. That my car (stated the correct RN) is ready to be picked up on Saturday, Sept 8th. Wrong. This was the notorious "delivery experience" weekend, and clearly my car was not there... nor even built yet.

The next day, on Sept 7th, a day before the "delivery experience", a scheduler called me to say that Sept 23rd was my delivery date. She could tell me nothing else. She informed me that her job was to schedule, and I'd have to talk to my Delivery Advisor for any details (you know... like having the wrong delivery date). How does my Delivery Advisor not know when my car will be delivered?

Regardless, I replied to Rafael's text back two weeks ago when it came in, and to his email address and called his phone number. Two weeks later, I've gotten no reply to any of those, and now I'm supposed to "reach out to him" two days before my delivery. How do I get a new DA???

Maddening. We've scheduled our lives around this delivery date and time. Long drive in BA traffic. Both of us need to be there. And they can't even give me a human to talk to?

There remains no VIN. 3-5 days before delivery? I think we're there.

Last edited:

Hopefully it will get better for people down the road. They really need great people in logistics and setting up better communications with customers. Last month and this month has really been their first big test of deliveries after getting weekly production up.

We are also Model S owners, ordered our AWD (non-P) also in a multi-coat with black interior but two day before you on 6/26. We live not that far from the factory and after 2 other attempts it looks like 3rd times a charm and will get this weekend. I tempered my excitement after the first non-delivery and after reading experiences of some others. You always hope you're not going to be in that group but sometimes you are. Now I'm finally realizing it's going to happen and focused on that. Excited for sure. Check your account and refresh the page. I don't think you will be far behind us.

Ah. Another email to my DA bounces back that he's out of the office... Just what I look for in an advisor.

And for immediate assistance I should reach out to my delivery center for further assistance. With no phone number given of course, even though I'm clearly trying to reach the delivery center where he works.

So I looked up the phone number for Fremont Delivery center, and called. What the heck. I have options for punching in extension numbers or hearing the address... or waiting for the next available agent. Then I listened to it ring 27 times before hanging up.

• Helpful
Reactions: webdbbt and neroden
I'm scheduled for a delivery this Sunday Sept 23rd. I think.

A call came (to voice mail) this afternoon from Sophie. Here's my transcript of the message:
--------------------
Hi This is Sophie at Tesla.
We may call you back confirming final delivery checklist.
We have you coming in Sept 23rd for delivery at Fremont.
A team member might reach out to you later today or tomorrow to make sure we have all our ducks in a row and to answer any of your questions.

Your Inside Delivery Advisor is Rafael. It looks like he sent a text to you. He may have tried to send you an email. Looks like an email and text was sent. Please reach out to Rafael if you have any questions.
--------------------------​
Now... Rafael.... two weeks back on Sept 6th sent me a text telling me two things.
1. That he is my delivery advisor. (guess he got that right!)
2. That my car (stated the correct RN) is ready to be picked up on Saturday, Sept 8th. Wrong. This was the notorious "delivery experience" weekend, and clearly my car was not there... nor even built yet.

The next day, on Sept 7th, a day before the "delivery experience", a scheduler called me to say that Sept 23rd was my delivery date. She could tell me nothing else. She informed me that her job was to schedule, and I'd have to talk to my Delivery Advisor for any details (you know... like having the wrong delivery date). How does my Delivery Advisor not know when my car will be delivered?

Regardless, I replied to Rafael's text back two weeks ago when it came in, and to his email address and called his phone number. Two weeks later, I've gotten no reply to any of those, and now I'm supposed to "reach out to him" two days before my delivery. How do I get a new DA???

Maddening. We've scheduled our lives around this delivery date and time. Long drive in BA traffic. Both of us need to be there. And they can't even give me a human to talk to?

There remains no VIN. 3-5 days before delivery? I think we're there.

Do you have a time set? Our delivery date, time and Fremont Delivery Center were indicated at the bottom of my husband's account. My husband initially hadn't scrolled down far enough to notice them. Depending on your time we might see you there. Same car config with the exception we're getting Sport wheels and ordered EAP. BTW my husband said he spoke to someone who was named Sofie or Sophia just today. Probably the same person. Our delivery contact wasn't yours however. Do you have a VIN?

Last edited:
Reactions: neroden
I've lived in KCMO and moved on to CO. 6/28 configuration, no previous ownership. Got 9/6 email email about delivery for last week of Sep. I would say the "unfairness" originates in the batches of configurations they make(colors/wheel size/interior color etc.) and in the queue length of SC for your area. If there's longer line in your area or smaller delivery capacity of your SC, then it may take you longer to get your delivery. However, I believe 2/3 of AWD demand in U.S. was already processed and scheduled for delivery, so you are very likely looking at Oct delivery. I would suggest to keep good spirits up and hope for a delivery soon. These things happen on a very short notice lately and most don't get a good communication. This is the top priority concern for Elon lately if you're following his Twitter. My assessment of your situation is you're very close behind us. If you don't hear anything in Oct, then likely they lost your info and you need to contact them after Oct and tell them your order is lost and see what they can dig up for you.

• Disagree
Do you have a time set? Our delivery date, time and Fremont Delivery Center were indicated at the bottom of my husband's account. My husband initially hadn't scrolled down far enough to notice them. Depending on your time we might see you there. Same car config with the exception we're getting Sport wheels and ordered EAP. BTW my husband said he spoke to someone who was named Sofie or Sophia just today. Probably the same person. Our delivery contact wasn't yours however. Do you have a VIN?

Time is 11:30am. I was given that date and time in Sept 6. And have heard nothing relevant since then. I have no VIN. And of course no contact with my Delivery Advisor Rafael.

Has your DA been communicative at all?

Time is 11:30am. I was given that date and time in Sept 6. And have heard nothing relevant since then. I have no VIN. And of course no contact with my Delivery Advisor Rafael.

I got 9/6 email. No VIN until 9/19 for 9/22 delivery. I don't know who my DA is. Drove to SC today to verify my vehicle is there as delivery phone # was not picking up. Communication is bad. Notice is short. It's a normal for now until Elon fixes it.

Interesting... This is my configuration too except I'm paying cash, no trade in. I was originally scheduled for delivery 2 days ago but got the call saying my delivery was delayed and they'd call me in a few weeks. I called the delivery center but they couldn't give me a new date because they couldn't find a match. I'd be curious to know if they actually deliver your car next week.

We're 10:30 so might see you. We've had a few recent emails from her. With the other 2 contacts assigned to us before, not so much on the first; and the second, a few emails but then got the need to postpone until just recently when we had a 3rd contact assigned to us. My husband doesn't know who he spoke to but when we sold my car last Friday we wanted to get our account updated to show no trade-in. He might have called our previous MS delivery advisor not sure, but he got transferred to a nice guy who said he could help us. He was able to look up our account and check it over. He made sure our Internal Delivery Advisor (or whatever the title was) was still working at Tesla and told us she was but had already left work for the day. He said he couldn't change things on our account himself but would send an urgent email to her to have the account updated and mentioned that we were asking for our VIN. The next day we got an email from her saying she saw his email and had made the change, and from there not sure what next transpired but we had to review our registration info for document preparation and approve it and did so and later in the evening I think noticed the VIN check mark was green. I think he clicked on it possibly and saw the assigned VIN. Don't have the VIN handy but think it was 88,7xx.

If you speak to someone on the phone to help out with your account, stress that you are driving from Davis and need to be sure the date/time are firm and you have VIN and car waiting for you before you make the trip. These guys I am sure are under a lot of pressure so asking nicely if someone could help you will probably go a long way.

Last edited: