Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been lurking here for a while, actually, lurking isn't the word. I've read every post. I follow this thread daily. Following everyone's delivery dates, delays, successful deliveries, and even the radio silence from a handful of you. Well, today something happened for me. My financing opened up, and the "edit design" link disappeared. Now, I've not heard a peep from Tesla. No delivery date, not a damn thing.
However, I have a VIN assigned. How do I know? A friend works at my local Tesla SC, he messaged me the second it came up in his system. Then he pinged the car, to see where it was (Richmond, CA).
So, what's interesting here is back to that "edit design" link, and financing opening, that's when your'e assigned to a car. When you're assigned to a car, YOU HAVE A VIN, regardless of what someone in some office says. take from it what you will, but i found it curious, especially after reading all of this thread.
Reserved: May 2018
Config: June 2018
Changed colour: August 2018
Red, black interior, AWD, 19s.
Vancouver, Canada

Did you have EAP?

Took delivery on Monday in Richmond, VA of OBM Dual Motor with EAP. Delivery experience smooth. Car perfect. The center had several more deliveries scheduled after mine and indicated they’ve been steadily increasing them. Only complaint is the darkness of the garage where I got to examine the car, but it was pouring down rain outside. I was not an existing owner. There are so many horror stories on this forum that I didn’t want to be a part of the silent majority who’ve, thankfully, had smooth sailing. Good luck everyone. It’s worth the wait.

I am pretty certain that EAP, FSD and White are getting significant priority for now. Tesla is trying to maximize revenue in this quarter and all of those features significantly increase their margin on a sale. If they can match a car with a buyer who has ordered those options vs. not the choice for them is obvious. Once they get through September deliveries I think they will most likely begin to honor reservation sequence a bit more.

Just updated my Tesla account and finally have VIN. 105XXX. Scheduled delivery 3pm this Tuesday, 9/25. Tesla financing, trade in. DBM, Premium Black interior, LR, AWD, 18 Aeros, EAP. My DSAs have been pretty non responsive throughout the process. I called 888 number one day and after fairly short wait got Jennifer/CS in Vegas. She took charge and got things rolling. When my SMS link for my trade in didn’t work, Jennifer got me to Kris/Inside Advisor in Vegas who took charge of that, asked for and got the photos she needed tonight, and, voila, all of a sudden I have my VIN. Coincidence? Maybe. But I think there are some really sharp support people who work for Tesla and will go the extra mile to help. Don’t have my car yet, but I know it will be worth it all.
Eshepley- Glad to see you get your VIN. Are you taking delivery in Westmont or Highland Park. I also have a 3pm 9/25 delivery date. Highland Park.

Has your DA been communicative at all?

In reading through things today, it's weird, I seem on a totally different track then everyone...

I have never spoke to anyone at Tesla about my car except the scheduling person. She is the one who reached out to set a delivery date, and then contacted me yesterday to confirm payment type.

No Delivery Advisor, and no one from the local office. No phone calls or texts.

I'm not concerned since I got a VIN yesterday, but it does seem a bit funny.

Reactions: neroden
Scheduled for delivery Wed 9/26. VIN showed up in my account Wed 9/19 and then disappeared Thur 9/20. Nothing else in my account changed when the VIN disappeared. Account page still shows confirmed delivery date/time and still shows the message "We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment."

A little disheartening to see the VIN disappear, but still holding out some hope. Debating whether to reach out to my IDA today or ride it out through the weekend.

AWD | Red Multi-Coat | Black Interior | 19" | EAP | Cincinnati, OH

Reactions: neroden and tony b
Eshepley- Glad to see you get your VIN. Are you taking delivery in Westmont or Highland Park. I also have a 3pm 9/25 delivery date. Highland Park.

Highland Park. Guess I’ll see you there! I get to drive my new car all of about 15 minutes before I drop it off at detailer for tinting, paint correction, ceramic coating and paint protection. Have to drive my 2009 Acura TSX for a few days after that. That will be torture.

Reactions: tony b
Thanks to those who replied to my question about MVPA; I called the DC and they said it can be handled upon delivery.

Have another question for you guys. I've been checking my VIN at United Road every day (yes I know, I'm obsessed), and it always said it was dropped off at Richmond, CA for transport. I checked again today, and for the first time it says "The VIN you entered was not found.". Is that indicative of anything? Good, bad? Anyone had the same thing? Is the information removed after a certain period of time? Just curious :)

In reading through things today, it's weird, I seem on a totally different track then everyone...

I have never spoke to anyone at Tesla about my car except the scheduling person. She is the one who reached out to set a delivery date, and then contacted me yesterday to confirm payment type.

No Delivery Advisor, and no one from the local office. No phone calls or texts.

I'm not concerned since I got a VIN yesterday, but it does seem a bit funny.

You got your VIN. That's the critical step. It was 2 months after my first phone call before I got the VIN, and then quick after that. 11 days for Wisconsin based on 2 other cases, average of 13.4 days for USA:

upload_2018-9-21_10-57-36.png

I'm not even going to call them tomorrow for my second try in picking up my car. They're overwhelmed with calls, and even the voicemail box is full.

Since it's close by, I'll just drive there. It's easier to deal with them directly, and, as NIckFie said, follow the Bombay Guideline. Treat the staff well. In fact, we should always treat people well regardless. Besides the empathy thing, it can also be a selfish thing. Worst case scenario, it doesn't change the outcome. Best case scenario, you have someone that gladly helps you when the push comes to shove.

Is everybody sitting down? Ready? I'm about to do what I don't think anybody who's purchased a model 3 has EVER done before.

Excited? You'll be shocked. SHOCKED.

I'm going to post my ENTIRE VIN. Right down to the last digit! And though I know the sequence doesn't account anything, it sure appears "fresh" as in DEEP into the 100,000's.

5YJ3E1EBXJF108496

Showed up this morning. My delivery is supposed to be Sunday. I still have not heard from my advisor. But I have a VIN! And I've taken the enormous risk of posting it publicly.

Just a FIY:

Reserved on 4/2/16, config on 6/27/18 and no news from Tesla whatsoever... Called few times and was told to wait...
Called again today and was told that my order was not being processed because there was no location for delivery assigned (although I did choose a delivery location when I ordered).

They said this is fixed now and that I should see some progress soon... Really sucks huh?
Anyone knows of similar problem?

Took delivery on Monday in Richmond, VA of OBM Dual Motor with EAP. Delivery experience smooth. Car perfect. The center had several more deliveries scheduled after mine and indicated they’ve been steadily increasing them. Only complaint is the darkness of the garage where I got to examine the car, but it was pouring down rain outside. I was not an existing owner. There are so many horror stories on this forum that I didn’t want to be a part of the silent majority who’ve, thankfully, had smooth sailing. Good luck everyone. It’s worth the wait.
Congratulations and thanks for sharing your successful delivery!

AWD, White, Black Interior, 19" wheels, EAP
VIN: 067XXX – Manufacture date of 09/2018
No trade in. Financing via local credit union.

Reserved 4-2-2016
Configured 6-28-2018
Delivery Scheduling Advisor contact: 9-6-2018 (appt set for 9-20-2018)
Tesla Fremont Delivery Hub contact to confirm info (IDA was also CC'd): 9-16-2018
VIN showed up online: 09-17-2018
Inside Delivery Advisor contact: 09-18-2018
MVPA sent and asked to e-sign: 09-18-2018
picked up car on 9-20-2018 (orig scheduled date) in Fremont.

Everything was very quick and smooth at pickup. Associate helping me was very new I believe, so he really didn't go over anything in detail. Felt pretty rushed but also fine. I was expecting a little run through of the basics but I figured pretty quickly that I would have to ask about specifics if I was going to get any info or how-to demonstrations. He basically said “does the car look good? Have any questions?” So I just went over my own checklist while he prepared registration, etc... And I really didn't have any questions, so off I went in about 15 minutes. Paint is flawless, no gaps, no issues with anything inside, etc...

MY ONLY complaint was that the battery only had 80 miles left on it. I had about 180 to go so I had to stop in Gilroy and charge up during rush hour. I did not realize how FAST it charges at a super charger, WOW. Hit In-N-Out for a 3x3 and I was on my way in about 30 minutes.

** Side note. I was able to schedule a factory tour right before pickup. Worked out perfectly. The factory is very cool and definitely worth the time to take the tour (one hour). The kids loved it and haven't stopped talking about it.

Thanks to those who replied to my question about MVPA; I called the DC and they said it can be handled upon delivery.

Have another question for you guys. I've been checking my VIN at United Road every day (yes I know, I'm obsessed), and it always said it was dropped off at Richmond, CA for transport. I checked again today, and for the first time it says "The VIN you entered was not found.". Is that indicative of anything? Good, bad? Anyone had the same thing? Is the information removed after a certain period of time? Just curious :)
Mine was the exact same and it told me my vin “was not found” yesterday. I’m scheduled for delivery tomorrow so I’m assuming it’s because it’s arrived already. At least I’m hoping so!

Reactions: Matjong
Is everybody sitting down? Ready? I'm about to do what I don't think anybody who's purchased a model 3 has EVER done before.

Excited? You'll be shocked. SHOCKED.

I'm going to post my ENTIRE VIN. Right down to the last digit! And though I know the sequence doesn't account anything, it sure appears "fresh" as in DEEP into the 100,000's.

5YJ3E1EBXJF108496

Showed up this morning. My delivery is supposed to be Sunday. I still have not heard from my advisor. But I have a VIN! And I've taken the enormous risk of posting it publicly.
Well, we all hope some day when you're driving down the road minding your own business and your car magically stops in the middle of the road with your horn beeping like it's been broken into, you'll remember what you did today! :eek: