Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also, we continue in our efforts to get Tesla to send our referral Signature Black Wall Connector, which was supposed to ship to us by Sept. 5.
Ok, this isn't our Model 3, but the Wall Connector just now showed up at our doorstep via FedEx! Tesla never did provide the tracking, but it's all good now, and that Fremont-based customer service rep clearly pushed things along. We'll have a dedicated charging station for EV #3, when it shows up. :)

Reactions: webdbbt and neroden
I called the main CS number today, and after a 30 minute wait, I had an informative conversation where the agent explained that they have a 'new process' that started this week where they're trying to get all 'no progress' June orders set up with a delivery appointment. She alluded to all the existing problems with the process, but couldn't go into more detail.

She promptly put me through to the delivery team, who texted me out their direct phone/SMS number, assigned a DA, and promised to follow up later today if my DA hasn't reached out.

Both agents were happy that I called, and seemed motivated to help. Maybe they're starting to make some meaningful changes to help resolve some of these problems. Time will tell!

I ended up calling back CS this afternoon since the lady was unhelpful this morning. The guy I spoke with also noted that they were trying to get through the people that were "in limbo" so he gave me the number for deliveries. When calling them though the lady seemed pretty clueless as to what to do or who to even talk to about not having a delivery location set on my account and thus no movement on my account. She took my information and said to expect a call back. I don't expect a call back and expect to have to call in again at some point...

• Helpful
Reactions: webdbbt and neroden
On Sunday, I got my VIN and an email from an ISA then today I got a phone call from Tesla to confirm my details. He said they call 48 hours ahead of the appointment to confirm. I asked if I could delay my delivery by a day and he checked the calendar and said yes. So now I am getting my MSM AWD Aero's EAP etc on 9/27. So far so good.

4/1/16, 6/28/18 deposit

fwiw in my case first i got email confirmation for scheduled appointment; then second call after which i got MVPA next day wtih vin and date on it and the payment option; then a few days after i got the VIN showing in the web; and finally after a couple more days i got the appointment date showing in the web.

It is a little weird as the web was updating in parts and so slowly whereas all the information was already in mvpa. Web is just convenience. I think what really matters is the MVPA attachment

Reactions: neroden
On Sunday, I got my VIN and an email from an ISA then today I got a phone call from Tesla to confirm my details. He said they call 48 hours ahead of the appointment to confirm. I asked if I could delay my delivery by a day and he checked the calendar and said yes. So now I am getting my MSM AWD Aero's EAP etc on 9/27. So far so good.

4/1/16, 6/28/18 deposit

And now my account on the Tesla website says please pay off remaining balance prior to balance but the only option given is from my checking account. The ISA I spoke with confirmed that I could pay (he said up to $5000) on a credit card and could use a personal check up to $10,000. I am financing with Tesla and would rather put as much as possible on a credit card for points. I may swing by and see if I can go ahead and pay with a credit card. I am only 15 minutes away from the Costa Mesa Delivery center. Not sure if that is possible. Anyone tried to stop by one of the Tesla Centers prior to pickup to pay with a credit card?

Was supposed to pick on my car on Sept 26th in Fremont. Got an email today asking if I'd like it home delivered today.
4 hours later it was in my driveway - delivered by the head of the Tesla Semi program.
VIN 1146xx. AWD, non performance.
Just one punchlist item - charge port door receiver not working. (Have to open the charge port manually).
Rest of the car was flawless.

And, just like that, Santa Elon comes to the island of misfit toys. Just got a text message from Janelle in Fremont, CA about setting up delivery of my AWD on Oct 8 in Rockville. I know that may or may not actually happen, but it is great knowing that my digital paperwork hasn't completely fallen behind the equivalent of someone's desk.

Unfortunately, I think the timing isn't great from a finance perspective. If they won't get final numbers until 24-48 hours prior, that's the weekend and Monday is a bank holiday, so I won't be able to get a cashier's check then. Darn it...

If necessary you can get a cashier's check for most of the amount (I assume you know the base amounts, and it's just taxes and fees you're uncertain about) and Tesla will almost always take a personal check or credit card for any small difference.

I called the main CS number today, and after a 30 minute wait, I had an informative conversation where the agent explained that they have a 'new process' that started this week where they're trying to get all 'no progress' June orders set up with a delivery appointment.
Oh thank God. They've recognized the problem.

Reactions: wcorey
Just wasted 1/2 hour on hold only to be told that my order is “not in limbo” and I should monitor my email later this week or early next week for delivery information (as if I haven’t been doing that for the last 3 months). I asked if I had an advisor assigned and was told no but they’ve “started “ looking into my account : /

Sigh...definitely not holding my breath for any updates in the next week I just wish I could get a straight answer from someone. Ive called 3 times over the last month and it’s always been a similar vague non-concrete answer. This has become a very stressful experience due to their lack of communication.

I don’t understand why they can’t say something like “we have a batch of 2000 black cars scheduled for production in 2 weeks and your car is part of that group.” Id love to get a response like that.

Overall, I feel that most people at Tesla are really trying to be helpful, but many are just swamped and/or are limited by "silos" in Tesla's IT systems.

Given what I've seen over the past 5 years, there is a LOT of the latter, the silos. It's worse than that: I'd expect them to simply phone across to the person who can get into the other silo, but often they don't even know who the right person to call is, so they can't. (The org chart is very unclear, perhaps because it's changing too often. They need some sort of electronic org chart?)

If they do know the right person to call... then the "swamped" problem comes into play, because that person probably has a full mailbox and can't receive messages.

I ended up calling back CS this afternoon since the lady was unhelpful this morning. The guy I spoke with also noted that they were trying to get through the people that were "in limbo" so he gave me the number for deliveries. When calling them though the lady seemed pretty clueless as to what to do or who to even talk to about not having a delivery location set on my account and thus no movement on my account. She took my information and said to expect a call back. I don't expect a call back and expect to have to call in again at some point...
The CSR contact I got at the delivery number has been very communicative, has responded to my calls, reported on the (un-)availability status of my DA, and even called back with some vague instructions from him. Unfortunately, she seemed pretty powerless to actually accomplish anything herself, and had limited background on the message from my DA that seemed to indicate I was missing something in my account. (I’m not according to the site view)

I never did hear back from the DA (despite assurances from the CSR), but I’ll keep trying tomorrow since there seems to be something out of whack with my account.

Reactions: neroden
I was actually glad to see an email from my DSA today acknowledging that they have no car for me for the delivery they originally put as this coming weekend. Although they called it ”unforeseen transit delays with your Model 3, we do not expect the vehicle to arrive on time for your anticipated appointment.”

I think that is code for “your backwards state’s laws locked up all our cars in a rail yard, so we shipped it 2000 miles past you to give to some non-reservation holder who ordered early September”

Really hoping for a car before my loan expires 11/1.

Welp it has been a fun couple of days!

Reserved 4/1/2016, edit button disappeared 9/2 and got a VIN of 878xx through a very helpful finance person same day. Delivery Advisor in Nevada gave the same VIN a couple weeks ago to set up insurance. Financing through Tesla, trade in through Tesla, all in good shape 2 weeks ago.

Delivery scheduled for 9/29 on 9/4 at Devon, PA SC.
Called Devon SC on Friday 9/21 to check on things. Guy answered almost immediately, confirmed things look good and offered to move delivery up to 9/26, which I accepted.
Got a call from a New Jersey number this evening (9/24) at around 5:20pm confirming my car was on site at Devon SC and offering to keep Wednesday delivery or move up to Tuesday 9/25. I offered that whatever date works best in their schedule would work and accepted a delivery tomorrow 9/25. Super excited!

If all goes well at delivery and the car is in good shape, I would say I've had an excellent experience in the process once I finally got through the initial radio silence stage. Just wanted to offer up a positive experience since we've seen a bunch of negative ones. They are capable of getting it right, it just appears your cards have to fall in the right place/order.

Quick update. Tesla just delivered my M3 to my home.
Wow. That really stinks. I too am picking up at Highland Park. I was scheduled Wednesday 9/26, but I got a call that Friday 9/28 was the new date. HP is an hour drive from me and I really hope that I don't show up and don't have a car. No fun.

Quick update. The Highland Park folks just delivered the car to my home at 9:30pm. Kudos to them for their efforts to correct the failed delivery this morning.

After last nights 16th hr cancellation of today’s delivery, I was given a 2nd delivery date this evening and is now set for 9/28. Had to cancel my appointment at the detailer....now they won’t make another appointment until I get my car....and he’s already getting booked. So much for timing my clear bra right after delivery.