Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
During my delivery process, there were no replies to my text messages either. I kept asking to confirm my delivery date, but didn't hear anything back. Eventually on delivery day someone called to confirm the details of my account and said someone would be at my house within an hour.

Buying a $60,000+ car requires a substantial disposable income.

That helps, but if you keep a car that's paid for and invest/save the $500 a month instead of paying someone else every month, in 10 yrs or less, you can buy a $60000 car. its not what you make, its how you spend what you make. They dont call me c***p B*****d for nothing!! Only other new car I bought was a '92 Saturn which I got rid of when it had192000 miles. I expect this car will last me 20 yrs. Maybe then I will buy what Space X might be offering...

The nice thing about this car is it will still improve after it's left the show room. And I will have it by 9/30 cause they texted me!!
All due respect but you just made my point. Saving $500/ month requires at least $500/mo of, say it with me, disposable income. This is the same dynamic of funding or fully funding a 401(k). Most people on here are, imho, Millennials, dual income, maybe dinks. When you're saving up for that McMansion, have a huge mortgage, and a pregnant wife money becomes really tight really fast. Most Millennials over-extend themselves. That becomes a sobering life lesson. Boomers have the McMansion paid off, kids grown and gone..It's different. That doesn't mean there aren't extremely affluent Millennials.

No you need to order EAP to get Traffic Aware Cruise Control. Don't want to mislead people reading this thread and thinking otherwise especially because it will cost them more later to add if they don't pay for it when they place their order. As an owner using it we know what we have and paid for btw.

Not sure @wcorey what part of what I said you disagreed with. TACC only comes with EAP and as someone already pointed out you can't order FSD without ordering EAP also--TACC is simply part of EAP; assume it's not your intention to mislead people to skip ordering EAP in the event they want Traffic Aware Cruise Control and think by not ordering they will get it; and certainly as an owner driving our MS over a year now we know something about it. Just funny to continue to dispute the real info on this from an owner and then mark subsquent posts I made with disagree also that were completely factual. Kind of thought we were all adults here. Looking for your ignore button.

Last edited:
I was referring to TACC without EAP, yes you get TACC with EAP. It's not clear to me if one didn't order EAP would TACC still work. I believe I read yes. Honestly, it doesn't matter, I ordered FSD which includes EAP and TACC.

No, you get plain old vanilla cruise control if you do not spring $5,000 at time of order or more later for Enhanced Auto Pilot. Traffic aware cruise control is part of EAP and you do not get it if you pass on EAP when you purchase your car. You get regular cruise control that has been around for decades.

The car DOES have emergency features such as collision alerts and early braking but anyone who drives along with cruise control set on their non EAP equipped Model 3 and thinks it's going to stop for that car that came to a dead stop in front of them is in for a rude awakening.

Ok I wasn't wrong the first time. I heard back from my delivery agent, they had to push it back

So I get texts from Tesla (I think they must be scheduling) saying that it will available at early as tomorrow, do I want it then. So I start negotiating a time for Thursday when I get text from a different person (apparently the delivery hub, based on that first person said) saying that the car is ready NOW and would I like it tonight. So I'm waiting for confirmation on the requested time for tonight!

FYI I'm told they will accept a personal check for the full amount.

Fingers crossed.

So I get texts from Tesla (I think they must be scheduling) saying that it will available at early as tomorrow, do I want it then. So I start negotiating a time for Thursday when I get text from a different person (apparently the delivery hub, based on that first person said) saying that the car is ready NOW and would I like it tonight. So I'm waiting for confirmation on the requested time for tonight!

Fingers crossed.

You can also issue the ACH from your account as well. They will take the confirmation as proof.

• Informative
Reactions: arnolddeleon
All due respect but you just made my point. Saving $500/ month requires at least $500/mo of, say it with me, disposable income. This is the same dynamic of funding or fully funding a 401(k). Most people on here are, imho, Millennials, dual income, maybe dinks. When you're saving up for that McMansion, have a huge mortgage, and a pregnant wife money becomes really tight really fast. Most Millennials over-extend themselves. That becomes a sobering life lesson. Boomers have the McMansion paid off, kids grown and gone..It's different. That doesn't mean there aren't extremely affluent Millennials.

Right now I don't have a huge disposable income. but I do have a nest egg. My car is probably costing me $20k of earned income from way back through a few investments over the time period. And some of that came from between 92 and 96 which could have been applied to car payments instead. Full disclosure, the only reason I bought the car new in 92 was so I wouldnt have to split my 14k with a "writing on the wall eventually going to be an ex" She had a Chevelle hatchback that she restored and wouldnt want to part with.

I don't know what most people pay for monthly car loan. $500 is a guess. I agree disposable income of some sort is important, especially if you can invest it to make a nest egg. Just a wag, but $200 month of disposable income for a long time can be very helpful to purchase my space x vehicle in 20 years and I appreciate everyone here in this forum in helping me move towards it. GRIN

I am way off topic I guess, but diversion is fun while I am sure they are bringing in the trailer with my car on it in to Raleigh as I type as the text I got last night leads me to believe

Fingers crossed.

Exactly. looks like they are "take now or never" and all the previous schedules are going out of the window.

I don't know what's to like. If it wasnt' for my wife (who needs to sign) and kids, i could probably take any time on a very short notice. But then they'd have to do over the MVPA. That, or wait until my kids are off to school, or not doing any music/sports, my wife is back home, and I am at home as well and not at the meeting. I see no work around for this. if it means i never get the car oh well. but it's not my fault.

I think i've had enough. If they are not in tomorrow at the prescheduled time again, i will not bother.