Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, just to be clear, it doesn't seem like only one text blast went out, since I got mine at 11:19am ET. Of course, they might have sent them out by reservation group order. First day, that kind of thing. I never reserved, so my text came last, 11:19am ET.

So, just to be clear, it doesn't seem like only one text blast went out, since I got mine at 11:19am ET. Of course, they might have sent them out by reservation group order. First day, that kind of thing. I never reserved, so my text came last, 11:19am ET.
Its almost like tey are blindfolded, spinning in circles and throwing darts. Some people who are way ahead of me in both the reservation and order dates didn't get squat. I think 95% of people including myself will be dissapointer after the 30th. ME? I'm expecting to get my car in NOV. My formula? 3 months from config date plus two weeks. I dare them to prove me wrong... I mean on this side of the Nov, not the other side. I think reservation date and config date should factor into delivery date and I don't think it should ever happen that someone with same config, but later of both dates at same delivery destination should get their car before someone with earlier dates, but it has happened.

Got a call 23hours before delivery. At this point I’m picking up any random call that comes in..
Brooklyn SC calling to say - “my car” is still in transit for another week.
BUT they have an exact match at Long Island SC they can detail & make home delivery at same time slot.
Now some scrambling to update insurance & loan info with new VIN once I have the new VIN.

Oddly, I had been scheduled for home delivery (to Brooklyn) out of Mt Kisko SC.. despite ordering @ Brooklyn SC and initial email from IDA was for pickup there which subsequently changed to Home delivery out of Mt Kisko once I confirmed.

So obviously their logistics are a bit of a mess, and they are shipping cars on trucks out to the regions and hoping to match/re-match while in flight. My ordered/car has hopped through 3 SCs. If I get my car on time I don’t really care.

• Informative
Reactions: webdbbt and S5S5G6
It is unbelievable that this company can make such technologically advanced cars, yet be so incompetent at logistics...I'm going thru Tesla withdrawals and sick of driving my 1998 Ford Expedition at ~10 MPG.
Early 2016 - Placed Model 3 Reservation
Late 2016 - Canceled reservation and ordered Model S
7/26/18 - Test drove Performance Model 3
7/27/18 - Ordered P3D- Blue, 18's, no EAP/FSD - I like driving too much (really wish I could have configured with the 19's...)
7/28/18 - Sold Model S75D to Carmax (they offered $12k more than Tesla)
9/08/18 - Delivery apt scheduled at MDR at 9:30 on 9/30
9/21/18 - Receive email offering home delivery 9/22 or 9/23 (had no VIN)
9/22/18 - Apt scheduled for 4:00pm delivery on 9/23 (still no VIN)
9/23/18 AM - Apt canceled, original apt gone and delivery back to 'Late September'
9/23/18 PM - Rescheduled to pick up at MDR on 9/26/18
9/24/18 - Received VIN and MVPA, finalized loan
9/25/18 AM - Loan funded, countersigned the fully executed purchase agreement, purchased insurance
9/25/18 Noon - Get text confirming home delivery apt 9/26 at 11:30 AM, call to find out why not MDR, moved to 8AM home delivery
9/25/18 PM - Receive call that vehicle is still in route to So Cal from Fremont, appointment canceled, back to 'Late September'
9/25/18 Late PM - VIN disappeared from my Tesla account...
I would have been totally fine with the original 9/30 MDR pick up. No wonder they are going through 'logistics hell.' All I initially really wanted was to get the car before 12/31, so things aren't looking that bad - it's just been so exhausting dealing with something that should be more straight forward, or at least with clearer instructions. If it wasn't for this forum I'd have not idea what was going on....

Update on this debacle:
You can't make this stuff up...and lot's of people are experiencing this.
After 2 pick up appointments at MDR AND 2 home delivery appointments canceled...
9/26/18 6:00AM - Drive an hour and a half into work
9/26/18 8:30 AM - Get a call from Tesla delivery direct and they are heading to my house to deliver. I was skeptical because the employee who canceled this appointment the night before and said my car was still in transit, and that I may get it later in the week. This different employee ensured my car was there and he'd be at my house in just over an hour. I canceled my morning meeting and zipped home.
9/26/18 9:30AM - Almost through the LA traffic and back home when Tesla calls again. "I'm really sorry sir, but your car is still in Fremont. It should be down here within a couple weeks." Turn around and drive an hour back to work.
9/26/18 10:30AM - Receive a call from my delivery adviser: "Your car is being unloaded at the staging center near your location and ready for home delivery tomorrow at 8AM." I said, "how about Friday instead? That way you guys will have an extra day to figure things out." If they try to reschedule on me again I'm for certain pushing it out of Q3! What else can I do for all the time and energy they've forced me to waste because they wanted to hit the Q3 number...what's a few extra days at this point?

So I get texts from Tesla (I think they must be scheduling) saying that it will available at early as tomorrow, do I want it then. So I start negotiating a time for Thursday when I get text from a different person (apparently the delivery hub, based on that first person said) saying that the car is ready NOW and would I like it tonight. So I'm waiting for confirmation on the requested time for tonight!

FYI I'm told they will accept a personal check for the full amount.

Fingers crossed.

My account shows an appointment at 6:00 pm tonight, it gives me the option to pay but the person I messaged with said just hand a personal check over. So it looks like promising.

I just check my Tesla app and nothing there yet except my Powerwalls. I logged out and logged back in to be sure.

My account shows an appointment at 6:00 pm tonight, it gives me the option to pay but the person I messaged with said just hand a personal check over. So it looks like promising.

I just check my Tesla app and nothing there yet except my Powerwalls. I logged out and logged back in to be sure.

Oh, I just noticed I have freaking VIN! It feels real!

I bet between 8pm and 1am yet new people would start emailing me again with a new round of exclusive yet ephemeral appointment proposals they would not keep.

These people they are like ghosts stepping out of the underworld possessing a random body for the next 5 minutes and the leave it to never be heard from again, their actions being as ephemeral as they are themselves. I was contacted by perhaps 6 or 7 people regarding various aspects of delivery, never same person twice, and never to be heard from again after no more than a couple of lines of text or couple sentences on the phone with 0 material results.

They are ghosts.

Polite ghosts.

Speaking of efficiency. A dealer usually gets by 1 salesman, +1 finance/dmv guy. And most importantly, 1 car per conversation (buyer willing).

I received 1st text last night 1025 pm central - relied yes
2nd text came today at 1241 pm central.
I sent a reply with bank loan information today at 1345.
Just checked my account online and the edit button is finally gone.

Line waiter, Config 2018/7/21, DBM/Black, AWD, EAP, 19"

Did you send bank loan information unsolicited or did they request it?

• Informative
Reactions: TechSavvyWife
How many people who received a text also have trade-in checked on their order? I have a trade-in, but have figured all along that I would probably get a low-ball offer from Tesla and would likely either sell myself or to CarMax. The problem with those options now is that I hadn't planned on having only a few days notice AND I'm not confident that a delivery is even going to happen this weekend. I don't want to risk being skipped over this weekend because a trade-in is a hassle for them, but I also would prefer to get their quote because it would make the process easier for me. Not sure if I should change my trade-in preference or not??

I think the ONLY contacts that hold any credibility or reliability are those from the delivery centers when they are physically looking at an actual car. DAs, scheduling advisors, etc seem to have absolutely no actual evidence that a car exists. "So sorry but it looks like we have to change your delivery date again (3rd time now) but so and so in Fremont says your car is on the way and will be there by Sunday. They don't know a VIN yet but they assure me your car is on the way." Yes, this is a quote given to me.

4 days to get a phantom car from Fremont to Georgia, prep it, and deliver it by Sunday? Right, tell me another one. This makes a dealership nightmare seem like a walk in the park.

Dan

Did you send bank loan information unsolicited or did they request it?

Unsolicited. I received the canned text messages, but I replied anyway. I only included the bank name and I asked for a copy of the title application with the lender listed as lien holder. The bank requires this in addition to the MVPA since I'm going to have the funds deposited into my bank account and will bring a single check to delivery.

Update - checked account again just now (19:40 central) and the loan section of my reservation page is unlocked. I've entered all information requested. Looks like this is happening? ... maybe. I'll believe it when I drive away.