Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Practice with Summon. She can get out where there's room to open the door, then use Summon to finish the job.
But what about the car she parks next to that doesn’t have summon? I think if you want to avoid dings and scratches you absolutely need to avoid tight spots. I see it brought up constantly but I don’t understand why anyone would use summon to squeeze between two parked cars.

But what about the car she parks next to that doesn’t have summon? I think if you want to avoid dings and scratches you absolutely need to avoid tight spots. I see it brought up constantly but I don’t understand why anyone would use summon to squeeze between two parked cars.
If you can squeeze close to a wall or pillar, there can be sufficient room between your car and the next.

Had to do this in a parking garage in DC with our S. Folded the mirrors, was very close to a pillar on one side. Angled the car to leave adequate space on the other. No choice - only garage in the neighborhood, no spots available for several blocks, had to make an important appointment.

I've visited parking garages with tight spots in our S, which is quite wide. Sometimes the attendant directs the car to special, wider spaces. I tip well as soon as I'm directed to the spot, or once I step out of the car.

I've had my edit field the entire time. What am I doing wrong? Just tried changing financing to "cash" instead of "self arranged".

Replying to myself like some sort of mental patient.

Changing financing from "self arranged" to "cash" removed my ability to change it back to "self arranged". Since a "self arranged" check/loan is essentially same as cash I figure maybe they had removed "self arranged" and I was in limbo because of it.

I've now lost my edit link and the screen looks totally different, says they're drafting documentation now.

Replying to myself like some sort of mental patient.

Changing financing from "self arranged" to "cash" removed my ability to change it back to "self arranged". Since a "self arranged" check/loan is essentially same as cash I figure maybe they had removed "self arranged" and I was in limbo because of it.

I've now lost my edit link and the screen looks totally different, says they're drafting documentation now.
I hope it works but when you change financing it means they have to redraw the paperwork. Cash and self arranged financing are not the same thing to them. They have to account for how much money is coming from what source.

Dan

That's the thing though, I literally have no option to switch back to self arranged.
Update!

Got a call from my SC yesterday to confirm I’ll have everything when I arrive (e.g., trade-in title, registration, etc.). They said the car is, in fact, on the premises.

It’s happening!

Pickup scheduled for 1PM tomorrow. My last remaining FIA is that the car will have paint defects. :oops:

Here’s hoping she’s in prestene condition!
Let us know how is goes today.

Reactions: austinmichaeld
Pickup in T-minus 1 hour! Is this really happening?

Don't tempt fate by gushing too much Dan.

l7sdq.jpg

It's not a dream – she's mine!

Tyco was actually slow today so I got a decent amount of time with her prior. The car was in really solid shape save for a minor scratch on the outside a-pillar which they noted.

Driving this thing is other worldly. Tesla is going to take over the world and I'm thrilled to be a part of the movement. I'm absolutely in love with the car.

I'll post more later! :D

Got my plates in the mail today! This makes it an official car and processing seems fast for California. Although the DA at the Tesla Delivery Center said to give it 3 weeks and I put a reminder on my calendar to check on them tomorrow. So guess pretty much on schedule. Delivery on 9/23, issued 10/08.

BTW once you get your registration, look into any State, utility (PG&E in my area) or HOV filings you may want to do.
Good to hear that it took less than a month. I have personalized plates ready for pick up, but my registration has not been processed yet. Do you have to have the permanent tags to file for the rebates and HOV stickers?

Good to hear that it took less than a month. I have personalized plates ready for pick up, but my registration has not been processed yet. Do you have to have the permanent tags to file for the rebates and HOV stickers?

I know based on our purchase of our MS last year as far as PG&E rebate goes, we did need the registration info. Think my husband did need it too for the HOV sticker. I'll fill out the PG&E application this week for our Model 3 but holding off on filing the HOV one until next year as it's so late in the year already, have a car with stickers we can use if needed and we'd like to get the extra months/year's usage by waiting to file. Hopefully California won't cancel the single driver HOV program for new 2019 applicants.