Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good Afternoon,

I do have good news! We have found a match for your Model 3:
Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
Long Range Battery
Silver Metallic Exterior
Premium Black Interior
18" Aero Wheels

It will be transported by end of October, tentatively, to Kansas City. Now that we have this VIN for you I can even confirm it has left the Fremont Factory!

Finally, and I hope the crazy delays from end of quarter rush are over!

It's not a dream – she's mine!

Tyco was actually slow today so I got a decent amount of time with her prior. The car was in really solid shape save for a minor scratch on the outside a-pillar which they noted.

Driving this thing is other worldly. Tesla is going to take over the world and I'm thrilled to be a part of the movement. I'm absolutely in love with the car.

I'll post more later! :D
Congrats Dan!

Be careful...they're addicting. LOL!

Reactions: webdbbt
It's not a dream – she's mine!

Tyco was actually slow today so I got a decent amount of time with her prior. The car was in really solid shape save for a minor scratch on the outside a-pillar which they noted.

Driving this thing is other worldly. Tesla is going to take over the world and I'm thrilled to be a part of the movement. I'm absolutely in love with the car.

I'll post more later! :D

I've seriously come back to this thread daily (even weeks after getting my vehicle) just to see if @the_danimal had picked up his car yet. I can rest easy now :) . Enjoy the car! The thrill of driving it makes the stress of the weeks/months/years of waiting melt away in an instant!

Logjam unjamming?

Recap:

Day 1 Reservation.
Config #1 - July 27, 2018
Multi Coat Red RWD -- Premium Black interior - AWD/FSD
Texas -- No financing
Delivery #1 - Aug 14th
After a few false deliveries the car made it to town.
Issues sent it to the Body Shop for delivery issues (before I even saw it) (Paint & Glass issues)
After waiting weeks for the part -- they went to install it and found MORE issues.
They pulled the plug themselves (good move)

I took the opportunity to tweak it a bit since we were starting over:
Multi Coat Red AWD -- Premium White Interior - AWD/FSD
Original prices were honored for paint, delivery, etc. (Good move Tesla!)

IDA had been radio silent since August.

Service Center Delivery Manager was outstanding getting the ball rolling again. (If you're stuck, go to the SC, be NICE, and ask them what's going on!)

Anyway, IDA finally got a power up or something because they're responding again.

TL/DR -- New VIN! Car ready for shipment to Texas. Round Two, Electric Boogalo.

Mental State: Believe it when I see it, but calm.

I'm past it now but late September my favorite Popeye quote kept coming to mind. "I ain't no doctor but I'm losing me patience!"

Keep the faith Brothers and Sisters! Your (our) time will come!

Update: Build date on this new one is 10/2018

Scheduled for delivery next Monday 10/22. Got a call this morning from my IDA. “Sorry your car has been delayed in shipping please call back so we can reschedule for after 10/27.” : (

I call back and she says “Oh wait just kidding looks like your car is actually arriving a few days early!” What?!!

So yea, might actually take delivery on Saturday if all goes well. Seriously can’t wait!

Reactions: webdbbt
Scheduled for delivery next Monday 10/22. Got a call this morning from my IDA. “Sorry your car has been delayed in shipping please call back so we can reschedule for after 10/27.” : (

I call back and she says “Oh wait just kidding looks like your car is actually arriving a few days early!” What?!!

So yea, might actually take delivery on Saturday if all goes well. Seriously can’t wait!

“Just kidding, but seriously.”

@neptunesfinest I had called the delivery center back in September after the texting fiasco. She said all of my paperwork looked good...I was just checking because I had heard that some people were stuck in a situation where even though they had submitted everything Tesla still showed them as incomplete. I'm out on a work trip and the hotel just happens to be right next to a Tesla center...so I plan on walking over. :)

Reactions: neroden
Ordered 7/12 and have yet to hear a peep. Judging by all of the activity I would think soon hopefully. I'd be picking up in Charlotte.
I agree with neptunesfinest.
I saw no movement on my account until I called the hotline and spoke with someone that took the time to check my account. Within 2 days I had an IDA, who has been very responsive so far.
It was less than a week and I got the email about my VIN.
Good Luck!

@reymin @neptunesfinest I just called the hotline and he said everything is in order...just waiting. :(

I'm in the same boat as you. Ordered end of August, delivery will be through Charlotte. I called a couple of times after the end-of-Q3 blast. The most I've gotten out of them is "You don't have a DA yet." Tell me something I don't know :rolleyes:

She did prompt me to double check all my documentation, since that sometimes holds things up, and it turned out I hadn't uploaded my proof of insurance. So I took care of that post haste. That was a couple of weeks ago, though, and crickets since.

Estimated delivery is still "Oct-Dec" so they're not technically late yet, but they sure did get my hopes up with all that end of September craziness.

Reactions: neroden and Xenius
Logjam unjamming?

Recap:

Day 1 Reservation.
Config #1 - July 27, 2018
Multi Coat Red RWD -- Premium Black interior - AWD/FSD
Texas -- No financing
Delivery #1 - Aug 14th
After a few false deliveries the car made it to town.
Issues sent it to the Body Shop for delivery issues (before I even saw it) (Paint & Glass issues)
After waiting weeks for the part -- they went to install it and found MORE issues.
They pulled the plug themselves (good move)

I took the opportunity to tweak it a bit since we were starting over:
Multi Coat Red AWD -- Premium White Interior - AWD/FSD
Original prices were honored for paint, delivery, etc. (Good move Tesla!)

IDA had been radio silent since August.

Service Center Delivery Manager was outstanding getting the ball rolling again. (If you're stuck, go to the SC, be NICE, and ask them what's going on!)

Anyway, IDA finally got a power up or something because they're responding again.

TL/DR -- New VIN! Car ready for shipment to Texas. Round Two, Electric Boogalo.

Mental State: Believe it when I see it, but calm.

I'm past it now but late September my favorite Popeye quote kept coming to mind. "I ain't no doctor but I'm losing me patience!"

Keep the faith Brothers and Sisters! Your (our) time will come!

Update: Build date on this new one is 10/2018
How do you know your build date? from your VIN?

Today I was supposed to pickup my AWD Model 3, but did not work out. The whole communication leading up to the failed delivery was already total chaos. Let me lay out the whole story:

I got my car 2 weeks later on Saturday 13th Oct.
This time delivery was quiet, smooth and simple at a Tesla service center, similar to my model S delivery back in 2014.
So the crazy mess is all due to the end-of-quarter rush when they try to deliver hundreds of car per location per day.
They should just forget about that mode of operation and spread the deliveries evenly over the quarter.