Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWDs on the way to Canada?!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm wondering if you have your official MVPA documents? Not just the original order agreement.

I'm 30 hours away from pickup. My VIN is 1073XX Black AWD 19inch. No MVPA documents to be found. I called the main Tesla line yesterday as well and all they could see that it was "enroute to the delivery centre" as well. They did send a note to the ISDA, but said that the documentation will be available 48 to 24 hours before delivery.

I've added the vins and details for the people who have responded in the last few pages of this thread to a google sheets doc so we can edit/track. Link below. Please update accordingly. Maybe I should start another thread for this, or since I assume most people on this forum are tracking this discussion maybe this is the best place to keep this....

Toronto IC Deliveries VIN Search - Sept 2018

Everyone has edit rights, with great power comes great responsibility :eek:

So far 4 deliveries for saturday, 1 for today (dusdev, though likely not happening) 2 tomorrow, and 1 thursday (me).....

Edit: maybe we can make a bit of a game about this.....if you find someone elses car, put your username in the column I just added. Person with the most 'finds' gets eternal thanks of the others :)

I've added the vins and details for the people who have responded in the last few pages of this thread to a google sheets doc so we can edit/track. Link below. Please update accordingly. Maybe I should start another thread for this, or since I assume most people on this forum are tracking this discussion maybe this is the best place to keep this....

Toronto IC Deliveries VIN Search - Sept 2018

Everyone has edit rights, with great power comes great responsibility :eek:

So far 4 deliveries for saturday, 1 for today (dusdev, though likely not happening) 2 tomorrow, and 1 thursday (me).....

Edit: maybe we can make a bit of a game about this.....if you find someone elses car, put your username in the column I just added. Person with the most 'finds' gets eternal thanks of the others :)

Have you tried your app's vehicle locator or that hasn't been sync'd yet?

I would assume that wouldn't work until I take delivery of the car and set it up....just tried and it just takes me to the model 3 screen where you can watch videos so I guess that's a correct assumption. Wouldn't that be a cool thing though? It would certainly alleviate some concerns we all have.

Yeah I tried. Got the same thing as pcons: screen with tutorial videos.

I tried the Tesla API to get list of cars on my account as well and I get:
{"response":[],"count":0}

So an empty list and zero cars.

I'm guessing even if that list updates, they won't enable remote access until delivery so won't be able to get position, or honk the horn, etc.

When you say clicked on ‘yes’ on the profile, I don’t even see that option. I wonder if it is because I had entered a new expiry date on my drivers license?

Tesla definitely needs a better workflow tool.

Sorry, I should've been more specific. Once you get all the 'green check mark' in your profile, (for me, trade-in was holding it back), you will be able to 'final confirm' (click yes) all the fields. Right after is when the MVPA gets created (not sure manually by DA or automatic in system) and uploaded onto the profile.
At least, that was my process.

Just got an email from someone at Oakville Tesla (never dealt with them before) and they stated my delivery for tomorrow is now officially cancelled (I basically knew that since I didn't confirm it with my original ISA). Not sure if someone else is taking over my account so waiting to hear back from either one. Now the overview summary next steps in my Tesla account doesn't show the VIN section any longer. My VIN still shows for the moment on the main page.

Just got an email from someone at Oakville Tesla (never dealt with them before) and they stated my delivery for tomorrow is now officially cancelled (I basically knew that since I didn't confirm it with my original ISA). Not sure if someone else is taking over my account so waiting to hear back from either one. Now the overview summary next steps in my Tesla account doesn't show the VIN section any longer. My VIN still shows for the moment on the main page.
When you say the summary next steps doesn't show your VIN anymore, does it look like this where the VIN line item is completely gone, or is it there, but unchecked?

upload_2018-9-25_13-41-18.png

I still have a vin showing on my main page as well and the appointment is still in my account, which I did confirm with my DA last week, but I have a bad feeling about this. I'm signing over my volt tomorrow and will be without a car. I read someone that had tesla provide a loader vehicle when their delivery got bumped....I'd rather have the model 3, but I need a car for commuting so I hope to get some direction one way or another soon :oops:

My DA was prepared to leave me in a bind by not being able to tell me what fees were owed before tomorrow. So I was expected to show up with a blank check and pay “whatever the fees would be”. So after a slew of calls and emails with my DA, I should be set for delivery tomorrow. And I owe nothing as I expected. Ugh.

When you say the summary next steps doesn't show your VIN anymore, does it look like this where the VIN line item is completely gone, or is it there, but unchecked?

View attachment 338057
I still have a vin showing on my main page as well and the appointment is still in my account, which I did confirm with my DA last week, but I have a bad feeling about this. I'm signing over my volt tomorrow and will be without a car. I read someone that had tesla provide a loader vehicle when their delivery got bumped....I'd rather have the model 3, but I need a car for commuting so I hope to get some direction one way or another soon :oops:
Yeah the summary looks like that now, with the VIN section no longer there. It was checked before. I still show my VIN on the main page as well.
I received a rental since I was supposed to get delivery on the 22nd and received notice on 21st that is was postponed. I already transferred ownership of my old car so had no other vehicle, so they arranged one through Enterprise.

Yeah the summary looks like that now, with the VIN section no longer there. It was checked before. I still show my VIN on the main page as well.
I received a rental since I was supposed to get delivery on the 22nd and received notice on 21st that is was postponed. I already transferred ownership of my old car so had no other vehicle, so they arranged one through Enterprise.
:( looks like I'm on the same path as you then....

How did you go about arranging your rental? Was it through your DA, or through Oakville?

:( looks like I'm on the same path as you then....

How did you go about arranging your rental? Was it through your DA, or through Oakville?
Well I hope you get your delivery but clearly there are potential issues. I just told my ISA (DA) that I needed a car and he then emailed a reservation number and location (gas is included). I am East end of TO so getting it from Oakville would be worse case (but I would accept it at this point).

I just called the main line and the person tried to reach out to my DA directly, but after a few min on hold came back and said they were out of office. Then back to hold for a few more mins as she tried to get someone else to give some more info, but wasn't able to get any info. Finally she said she would send out some emails and get someone to respond to me shortly with an update....fingers crossed...both that they get back to me and that it is with positive news about the state of the vehicle and its location :eek:

• Informative
Reactions: PAWilson
I just called the main line and the person tried to reach out to my DA directly, but after a few min on hold came back and said they were out of office. Then back to hold for a few more mins as she tried to get someone else to give some more info, but wasn't able to get any info. Finally she said she would send out some emails and get someone to respond to me shortly with an update....fingers crossed...both that they get back to me and that it is with positive news about the state of the vehicle and its location :eek:

I'm within my 24 hour delivery window now and I'm just crossing my fingers for the best. Purchasing a vehicle should not be this stressful. Are the ISDA all rammed to the extent that they can't update their workflow system or provide a quick reassuring e-mail to the client?

Reactions: Techniques
I'm within my 24 hour delivery window now and I'm just crossing my fingers for the best. Purchasing a vehicle should not be this stressful. Are the ISDA all rammed to the extent that they can't update their workflow system or provide a quick reassuring e-mail to the client?
I believe that is the case...I just replied to your PM, but I just got an email confirming I 'should' be good? :confused:

upload_2018-9-25_15-58-15.png

Fingers crossed.....o_O