Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWDs on the way to Canada?!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How come I was just able to press the edit button without calling anybody? Took me one minute to change to white interior.

Dunno, I had no edit button and had to call in regardless...but also was calling to confirm there would be no change fee...

You call in to make sure you don't get ding'ed for a $500 change fee.

Yeah, that was part of it. But I didn't have the option to edit, still don't.

Call the main tesla line and press '1' then '1' to get to sales, and then orders with sales...then wait on hold for a while. I recommend calling right at 10am EST...I called a few times then and only had a 15 min wait since I was first in line. If you call in the middle of the day you'll probably have close to an hour wait.

The person you get connected to can check if its possible to change without the $500 penalty (depends on if the car has entered production yet, etc). Sounds like you just ordered so you should be fine.

I changed my paint colour last week, still waiting for it to show up on my online account but its noted on my account from their end and they are busy with all the people trying to switch to white interior...

Thank you pcons, will give a try. I ordered in a mid of July so almost 15 days. Hope I am still able to make a change.

On the Tesla forum, someone started a spreadsheet to track AWD orders. Feel free to add yours if you're interested.

I've added a Summary tab with a couple of charts:

upload_2018-7-31_16-32-26.png

upload_2018-7-31_16-33-5.png

Anybody else wondering why awd has less range even with 188 vs 211 Kw rear wheel motor?

Whatever the additional regen provided by the second motor is, it is negated by the weight and the SOC of the battery pack. The BMS manages the regen charge - so if you're already close to being topped off, that energy is wasted. Also, unless they foresaw the additional current from the second motor and accounted for it, they may be running a single motor BMS setting. Perhaps OTA update may change this - but it's all guessing at this point.