Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWDs on the way to Canada?!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well aside from whatever possible discount they can get on licensing and royalties, if you pay for slacker premium you don't have those restrictions and can listen to songs multiple times, have it play songs by the same artists (instead of just similar songs), and make and use playlists (on phone or computer but syncs to the car) with forward/back working.
Ah, didn't realize there was such a thing as slacker premium...will look into it....I do miss android auto and its integration with google play music.

Got a call that my car will not be available for my appointment tomorrow. CRAP! After waiting so long I'm starting to get very frustrated. They are scheduling my delivery for next weekend in Oakville. I hope this car is worth all of the BS!

By the way the contract they sent me for my insurance seems to have a different total different from my account page. I asked him how can I bring a certified check if I don't know which total is correct. He gave me another amount that he says is due. What a joke!

He told me they will accept a regular check so I don't need to get a certified check.

I hate to expose people but when I feel that people are being misinformed or taken advantage of, I usually take a stand.
So if anyone has a DA with the first initial S and the last name Sheppard...Buckle in and keep pushing for your clarifications and updates...I feel your pain.

Called in to the 888 number and chose 1 for sales, 1 for existing orders, and got a new option 1 for calling for information on your upcoming delivery. Just a warning after being on hold for just over an hour, was told they don't handle Canada...
Totally not true, I've called that number many times so the person you spoke to should not have told you that. Call them back.

Tip: call the number right when they open at 7am PST (10am EST) and you will usually only have a 10 min wait. That's when I've always called, and I probably did so about 10 times over the time from July -> tuesday.

Hmm, maybe I will swing by. Was thinking of using inception in Oakville for ceramic. I think I'm going to pass on ppf, already spent too much opting for EAP and AWD :)

Below are the pics of the inclusions that wouldn't clean up. To be honest, on other cars I probably wouldn't even have noticed. But so many tesla owners seem critical about these things, so now I feel obligated to do the same :rolleyes:

View attachment 338820 View attachment 338821

Cool. Small inclusions can often be sanded out and polished without repaint. Worth the swing by for their opinion. I get the spending issue. I’m in way deeper on this car than I imagined I would be when I reserved it. Worth it though! As well your Dual AWD will retain better value over time than my RWD. As far as EAP the more I use it the happier I am I sprang for it! (Great colour btw)

Totally not true, I've called that number many times so the person you spoke to should not have told you that. Call them back.

Tip: call the number right when they open at 7am PST (10am EST) and you will usually only have a 10 min wait. That's when I've always called, and I probably did so about 10 times over the time from July -> tuesday.
I did call at 10am this morning. I have called in the past maybe 5-6 times before and had no problems. Never hit the delivery option before and the option was never available before.

Bijan

Getting really tired of being jerked around by Tesla now. After getting the text message 2 days ago that my car was ready to be picked up Sept 26th-Sept 30th, they are now saying it was just to try and see if anyone would be available IF a car was available. They now say if they haven’t given me a date I’m not getting my car anytime soon and to just wait until they text me again.

I’m really starting to think they took my final deposit to lock me in and count my money in the quarter. Why did I put all that extra cash in if I won’t be getting a car for months?!?!?

Edit: All of this after them telling me in early September that I would get my car Sept 24th-Oct 1st. Then saying those dates were no longer valid. Then texting me the dates were valid again. Would anyone accept this from any other company? Especially for an $80K product?

Did you get a follow up text as well?

I receive two follow up texts about 12 hours after I responded. The last text stated

Thank you for confirming your availability this weekend. We will reach out to schedule your appointment as soon as we get a firm date on when your vehicle will be ready for delivery.

So I took that to mean it could be this weekend but I gather from your post this is probably no since I have no vin though I have a delivery person assigned in montreal who has not responded to my emails.

Is this the same for you?

I was getting excited but now thinking I am still not close to getting the car.

Did you get a follow up text as well?

I receive two follow up texts about 12 hours after I responded. The last text stated

Thank you for confirming your availability this weekend. We will reach out to schedule your appointment as soon as we get a firm date on when your vehicle will be ready for delivery.

So I took that to mean it could be this weekend but I gather from your post this is probably no since I have no vin though I have a delivery person assigned in montreal who has not responded to my emails.

Is this the same for you?

I was getting excited but now thinking I am still not close to getting the car.

Yes exactly the same follow up text. Sorry to disappoint you, but I highly doubt you’re getting your car this weekend.