Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery Degradation Report: Does this Pattern Warrant Concern?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
B29FC384-B593-4BFC-8124-3BD384E6545A.png
I am inviting the pool of knowledgeable talent on this forum to comment on the attached Battery Degradation Report. Does this pattern alarm anyone but me?

This is for a long range rear drive M3 built in July and delivered August 2018. Vin 76xxx.

What’s “normal”?

Thank you in advance for commenting.

That does seem like a steep drop off recently. I thought I heard the first year loses the most and it balances out but I’d definitely keep an eye on it.

My car has 5700 miles after taking delivery aug 25th of last year and I’ve lost 2% of range.

Got my car in October 2018. Had almost 0% loss as of June 3rd this year. My degradation graph now shows 5% loss which happened pretty gradually since then. Seems very sudden compared to the flat for the whole time before that... But that's my data point. About 25,000 miles on my car.
Edit: mine's AWD vin 110xxx

I would look at the efficiency of the trips you took right around the time the range dropped off at the end. If you were driving aggressively and getting much less than 100% efficiency that could cause the range estimate in TeslaFi to adjust based on the most recent trips.

I was getting 50-60% efficiency this winter and my range on the display when charged was 100% of the expected value throughout the winter. I am getting 90-100% efficiency in summer and I'm at 95% of expected with a 5% loss. They don't seem to be related. The rated range in a Tesla is not a guess o meter as other EVs and is not directly affected by efficiency.

Here is mine as I just got back from an 8K roadtrip. Noticed a dip before that. Looked more closely at the timing of getting FW updates. Saw it happened right after a new update but then *returned* while on the same update ... so recalibation algo AFAIK.

6ppPdip.jpg

Y6u1iXW.jpg

Reactions: bijan
I would look at the efficiency of the trips you took right around the time the range dropped off at the end. If you were driving aggressively and getting much less than 100% efficiency that could cause the range estimate in TeslaFi to adjust based on the most recent trips.

Driving style has nothing to do with rated range. Nothing.