Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

battery fuse requires replacement soon? what is this?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since the P90D was technically being produced since July of 2015, I wonder if they just started using the pyro fuse in all batteries from this point on.
Anyone in this thread get the error on Tesla made before July 2015?

One thing is for sure, they pyro fuse can't be replaced on a 400v 85 battery without dropping it and there's no way that was only 30 minutes of labor.

Am I understanding this correctly that for this service, tesla is replacing the fuse with the newest pyro fuse that is also Ludicrous capable?

Or on non-ludicrous/non-performance cars, this is only a software update as there isn’t a battery powered fuse to begin with?

Last edited:
Great question.

My March 2015 built 2015 P85D with Insane got the Ludicrous Upgrade in January 2018 that listed this new fuse on my invoice:

HIGH VOLTAGE BATTERY FUSE - HYBRID 1 PYRO (1077177-00-A)

I haven't gotten a notice to replace my High Voltage Battery Fuse... but this new HYBRID 1 PYRO only was installed 6 years and 2 months ago.

recently i had the notification about the fuse. Its covered on the Battery Warranty . Car is a 2016 Model x 60D
IMG_0099.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H