Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery Range after year

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Isn't that based on your past driving history and not an accurate representation of the range?
1) It’s not based on your driving history
2) It’s not an accurate representation of range.
3) It’s an accurate representation of your BMS estimate of your battery energy capacity.
4) Your battery energy capacity moving down will scale the range that you can achieve on any particular drive downwards but it is not really anything to do with your range since conditions can vary so much. It is just correlated.

• Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H
'22 MYP With little over a year of ownership and 10,800 miles, my full charge is at 276 from the EPA 305. Honestly I never once saw a full 305, more like 302 was the best, but whatever. Over the weekend I tried to do the recalibration. Ran it down to 2%, and charged back to 100. Still 276miles.

How's everyone's battery after a year and or 10k miles?
I have the same 22 MYP, Never ever come close to 300 mile range: EPA testing was done under unrealistic real driving conditions; Im sure 60-65 MPH, under the most ideal/perfect circumstances and conditions; A/C off and all other device.
Best advice is to enjoy it around your neighborhood and city or town you live in.
Don’t recommend any long trips, unless you’re willing to make multiple stops for charging.

I have the same 22 MYP, Never ever come close to 300 mile range: EPA testing was done under unrealistic real driving conditions; Im sure 60-65 MPH, under the most ideal/perfect circumstances and conditions; A/C off and all other device.
Best advice is to enjoy it around your neighborhood and city or town you live in.
Don’t recommend any long trips, unless you’re willing to make multiple stops for charging.
Seriously? It's a great road trip car, and stopping for charging is hardly a major issue. ;)

I love road tripping in our Tessies, but I have found it is not for everyone.
Exactly; Not for everyone! I love nothing more than to drive at whatever speed I desire; Fun for me is not allowing anyone to pass me up; Unless it’s a Highway Patrol 🚔 😂🤣
I will not be embarrassed by any vehicle, when a Tesla MYP, MX or MS has to slow down dramatically to get to the next charging station 🤦🏻😡😳 all because I had a little fun when a Porsche, BMW, Vette, Jaguar, or any other sports car challenged me… 🤷🏻‍♂️😂🤣
Can’t imagine spending that kind of money for a great performance Tesla, driving on a long trip highway like a really old person in the slow lane and getting past up by every car including big trailer trucks.. that’s crazy.

• Funny
Reactions: Rocky_H
1) It’s not based on your driving history
2) It’s not an accurate representation of range.
3) It’s an accurate representation of your BMS estimate of your battery energy capacity.
4) Your battery energy capacity moving down will scale the range that you can achieve on any particular drive downwards but it is not really anything to do with your range since conditions can vary so much. It is just correlated.
This is why it's best to set it to percent and just stop and charge when the car says to stop.

• Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
This is why it's best to set it to percent and just stop and charge when the car says to stop.
If it calculates your stop ahead to be X amount of miles: Example driving from L.A to Phoenix; I might charge at Blythe Ca. Just past the state line; Next charging station is about 200 miles; I must drive at a certain speed to make it there..
If I’m driving my MYP; Which I bought it mainly for performance and want to have some fun, keeping up with the fast ICE cars maybe doing 85-95; Most likely I won’t make it 🤦🏻 🤷🏻‍♂️ I rather take my Prius 😲😂🤣 Freedom and No anxiety…

• Disagree
Reactions: Rocky_H and DanDi58
Yes. Sorry I should have made it clearer - the mileage/range was for 80% charged. Yesterday i did a 10mi (15km drive) and the only time i hit the predicted power was coasting down a really big hill. I know that winter range (I have michelin x-ice winter tires on) is less but it hasn't been super cold of late and the range bite seems to be that much more apparent in my day to day driving.
I suspect those ice tires are chewing into your consumption to a noticeable degree. EPA numbers are from the stock low rolling resistance tires.

Reactions: Msicario