Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Be aware of ICE Bullies

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Make us a video if you test this! Sounds like fun. I think if I had a choice I'd pick a pickup parked nose-in with a trailer ball on the back, and attach there.

I wanna see it! The existing one with the MX is in ice/snow, so that is a factor there. Plus I don't have a Model X...
Yes, but per this reply, hooking to the ball is dangerous....

• Helpful
Reactions: Santa Claws
I am depressed Ca doesn't allow us to get such a plate but they want to get extra $ for folks that want the EV carpool lane privs and they want the ability to have it expire in just a couple years.
I don't think it's about the money. The HOV sticker is only $22 and it lasts 4 years. I'm sure they could charge a lot more for a plate and people would pay for it since no one wants to put an ugly sticker on their car. CA legislation is just dumb.

I don't think it's about the money. The HOV sticker is only $22 and it lasts 4 years. I'm sure they could charge a lot more for a plate and people would pay for it since no one wants to put an ugly sticker on their car. CA legislation is just dumb.
That's $5.50/year for carpool access on some of the most congested roads in the country....hmm. I've noticed a trend in California and promise the state will NOT let this continue as is for much longer...

You get 50% off toll too during commute hours, so the state ends up losing a lot of money.

For better or worse (sigh) Ca is really trying to convince folks to choose electric cars. I get it, I have friends that simply would not "bother' with an EV if it wasn't for the carpool lane.

I didn't choose my Tesla for those reasons, I just happily use the carpool lane when possibly but I'm not dumping the car when the sticker expires..

For better or worse (sigh) Ca is really trying to convince folks to choose electric cars. I get it, I have friends that simply would not "bother' with an EV if it wasn't for the carpool lane.

I didn't choose my Tesla for those reasons, I just happily use the carpool lane when possibly but I'm not dumping the car when the sticker expires..

Speaking of California roads, there were two instances that helped restore my faith in humanity:
1. An irate Prius driver going berserk on 680, trying to pass a slow-poke BMW 3 series (that special kind of 320 driver)
2. A Model S driver slogging it together with the rest of us on 101, refusing to use the diamond lane during the morning commute.

RESPECT!

• Funny
Reactions: Msjulie
Heheee, love this logic!
That's like being told "I only stole half your money, I'm taking a loss on you!"
My point is that CA isn't interested in making money from the HOV sticker. They only charge you a $22 one time but every time you go across the bridge for 4 years you pay 50% less for toll. That's not the same thing as someone only stealing half your money. It's the same thing as paying $22 for a coupon you can use unlimited amounts of time for 4 years and paying half of what you would have to otherwise. If you don't understand how CA loses out on revenue then you don't understand basic economics.

Last edited: