Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Deal I have found for winter tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m leaning this way too. Use the Aero 18’s and stock tires for the fall, swap on winter tires for the winter, and shop for new summer rims/tires for the spring. Thinking 19’s... but 20’s look sweet too.
This is along the lines of what I'm going to do. Picking up my Model 3 with 18" aeros in a few weeks. I'm going to get some Hakka R3 tires put on the factory wheels for winter driving, then in the summer take my factory 18" Michelin tires and put them on a set of these wheels:
EVT Wheel for Tesla Model 3 (18" FULL SET $996.00)

This is along the lines of what I'm going to do. Picking up my Model 3 with 18" aeros in a few weeks. I'm going to get some Hakka R3 tires put on the factory wheels for winter driving, then in the summer take my factory 18" Michelin tires and put them on a set of these wheels:
EVT Wheel for Tesla Model 3 (18" FULL SET $996.00)

They look really nice. Pity they're in the US - heading towards $1600 once I add shipping to Ottawa and convert to CAD. Duty could add further pain too. Seems a bit pricey?

They look really nice. Pity they're in the US - heading towards $1600 once I add shipping to Ottawa and convert to CAD. Duty could add further pain too. Seems a bit pricey?
Yeah that's the main downside - $996 USD + $164 USD shipping, plus tax and possible duty. But they do look good and they work with the factory tires, so I wouldn't need to try to sell them and buy new tires.

I called Tesla Oakville service this morning and they quoted me $250 for each rim (no rubber). This is for M3 18" Aero. They don't have any in stock but he mentioned a shipment coming in a few weeks. He also mentioned they would NOT install the tire on the rim.

I just ordered a set of rims from a Vancouver SC and they also quoted me $250 for each rim, $38 for each aero wheel hubcap, and $85 for each TPMS sensor.

I've got good news and bad news. I stopped by my local Service Center to ask that very question. The good news is, yes you can order rims separately. The bad news is they couldn't give me a price because there is a pending price increase and Tesla hasn't announced Canadian pricing yet. My gut is that Tesla rims will be very expensive compared to aftermarket.
Lots of 3 owners get rid of their aero wheels immediately, For peanuts. Buy some on the forum classifieds .

Here are details of Tesla Ottawa Group Buy

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1536320051478.jpg
    FB_IMG_1536320051478.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 82
Hoping to get my car by the end of the month / beginning of October with 19” and I am planning on 18” winter wheels and tires. Was going to default for the “easy” solution of the 18” Tesla winter package but would be interested in participating in another group buy option.