Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Deal I have found for winter tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Definately will have to put the back seat down. I had 4 aero rims and only two fit inside the trunk, with the wheels inside, it was pretty tight trunk and rear seat folding down..
I had 4x tires and 4x rims (separate in boxes) all fit in the car. Was a bit of a tetris game, but definitely fit. Here's how I did it:

1 rim in trunk flat
1 rim in trunk (with bottom cover open) standing vertically
1 rim behind passenger seat vertical on floor (move passenger seat all the way forward)
1 rim on folded seat behind me
1 tire on top of rim above
3 tires on rear passenger side spaced forward/backwards so 1 tire on seat, 1 on top, and the other vertical right behind it.

Just for more fun, I also had my gymbag and swimming equipment in the trunk, and my work backpack with laptop on the floor of the passenger front...and still could have fit more stuff. :)

On the way back, having just the tires already mounted was super roomy.

Also, I was impressed that even though I had the old tpms sensors on aero rims in the car, the new tpms sensors were accurately detected and set up by the car within a minute or two of starting to drive. I thought the car would still read the aero tpms sensors until I got home and moved the rims away from the car.

Once I got everything in there, I covered it in a blanket I keep in the car to protect the interior from carrying things and make sure nothing was rubbing against the interior etc.

Last edited:
Ok so I ended up getting the Canadian tire conti’s for $800 (minus $65 mir) plus $88 install they have done some model 3s here at Laird and Eglinton. Not bad! I would mention they run a lot noisier (going over bumps is harsher) than the oem tires but that’s normal for winters. Also removed my Aeros looks pretty good! Any ideas if aero is better or worse for winter? I’m thinking they may trap snow inside so may lose grip anyway took them off

I don't like the idea of paying $50 for a membership to a group I'm never going to use other than for these tires.
The cost I save on the summer to winter changeovers and vice-versa is more than the cost of the membership. I get my prescriptions from Costco since they charge less for a dispensing fee than the other stores. Also find other stuff on sale there from time to time which saves me money.

Ok so I ended up getting the Canadian tire conti’s for $800 (minus $65 mir) plus $88 install they have done some model 3s here at Laird and Eglinton. Not bad! I would mention they run a lot noisier (going over bumps is harsher) than the oem tires but that’s normal for winters. Also removed my Aeros looks pretty good! Any ideas if aero is better or worse for winter? I’m thinking they may trap snow inside so may lose grip anyway took them off

The installation fee seems reasonable. My local Canadian Tire quited me over 50 per tire for the installation. That's one of the reason i went with OK Tire. Overall cost was lower at OkK compare to Cdn tire.

On the side note, I got wheel cap set from Tesla and they look so much better than stupid Aero caps.

The cost I save on the summer to winter changeovers and vice-versa is more than the cost of the membership. I get my prescriptions from Costco since they charge less for a dispensing fee than the other stores. Also find other stuff on sale there from time to time which saves me money.

Pretty sure they were talking about the $50 annual membership fee for the Ontario Tesla Owners Club which gives you, amongst other things, a discount at Kal Tire. Not Costco.

I know this is a bit off topic, but what do you get for the $50 fee? I was thinking of joining, but couldn't find much info of the membership benefits or discounts.

For the fee, you are able to attend the monthly meetings (there is a $10 door fee to attend to though to cover the space, food and drinks). These are completely optional though, you can go to socialize and chat all things Tesla. You get discounts from the sponsors listed here: Our Sponsors – Tesla Owners Club

They also announced that there will be a 20% discount code for certain items on the Tesla Shop in the near future. They have other events throughout the year like the most recent BBQ at Tesla Oakville for members and their families.

The membership fee paid for itself with my winter tire discount. I'm going to need new summer tires next year too so hopefully I'll get another nice discount.

Has anyone got winters and aftermarket rims installed yet? Any issue with limited regen that isn’t attributed to temperature or too full a charge?

I had the conti's put on to the existing rims, but same day I received v9. I noticed after that my regen doesn't come on as fast at higher speeds (ie/40-60km/hr), I don't know if it's the new tires being heavier perhaps or v9 changing the regen params

I had the conti's put on to the existing rims, but same day I received v9. I noticed after that my regen doesn't come on as fast at higher speeds (ie/40-60km/hr), I don't know if it's the new tires being heavier perhaps or v9 changing the regen params

I'm still running V8 and have winters on and experiencing this also. Reading from previous posts about model S - it's the temperature + different feel of tires on cold road. There's less regen in the Canadian Winter - use your brakes :)

Are you guys concerned about any tire shop jacking your car incorrectly? Does anyone know a tire dealer in the Oakville, Burlington, or Hamilton area who will install the tires and rims using proper jack pads?

I can't stand the thought of someone doing it incorrectly. When I tried to talk with my normal tire guy he looks at me like I have two heads.
Thanks

Reactions: Liquidmetal101
Got my winters delivered. Just have to get them mounted on the car soon. Went with PMCtire and purchased a set of Continental WinterContact Si's with RTX Vertex Rims. Ran me $1886 + tax. Price included TPMS, Lugs and centering rings.

Attached is a pic of one of the pieces.

Attachments

• IMG_5831.jpg
    IMG_5831.jpg
    287.5 KB · Views: 105