Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best phone mount for MS (iPhone 7+)?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just installed the Quick Connection Phone Dock into the center console. It came with the car when I bought it in July, but I didn't actually realize what those parts in a plastic bag were, because my DS didn't tell me and I haven't had time to look into it (extremely busy few months).

I like the ability to charge the phone without visible wires. However, I typically use Waze or Google Maps for navigation, and Spotify, Apple Music, or podcasts on my iPhone for audio, so it would be helpful to have my phone in a more visually conspicuous area.

I'm thinking that just to the left of the screen might work? Curious to know what you are all using.

Thanks.

• Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
Thanks. It looks like the steering wheel would obstruct the view of the Abstract Ocean. Is that an issue for you?

I use the slim line mount as well and think it's the best/cleanest option. I have an iPhone 6+ and was worried about that too, so I mounted it on the right side. Much more visible for both me and the passenger. I usually have google maps or waze up on my iPhone.

I went with the Abstract Ocean and am quite happy with it. In fact if you look closely at my avatar on the right, you will see my customized version of the mount.

I took a picture of the dash, printed it, and then cut out a circle and glued it to the surface of the swivel mount. This was my first attempt and it blends in quite well with the dash. I may try taking another picture with a slightly darker exposure and try to get a perfect match.