Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just throwing it out there...Maybe he/she will change their mind and do a SR :)
SR are a great value for the money. SR+ with an adjustment or some money off the top from used aren’t bad either tbh and their efficiency improvements make them very competitive put head to head against a mid range or other rwd examples for their price point.

Reactions: vickh
To the OP: Telsa service by most accounts stinks. I have no first hand negative experience because my Telsa has never needed service.

Important to realize when comparing Telsa to other car brands, those brands make money on their service departments, in fact I believe it has been reported that the service department brings in far more to a traditional dealership than sales does.
Telsa is making next to nothing on service right now, as most cars are still under warranty.
That huge difference cannot be overstated. BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Acura can provide you with white glove 5 star service because you and fellow owners of the brand are paying for it, whether you realize it or not.
That is the real reason why their service is poor, as time passes Telsa will improve their service, right now it is low on the priority list for them.

The car itself is a joy to drive and on average needs far less servicing throughout it's lifetime.
So if you love the car but hate the service ; ask yourself how often will you need to actually deal with them.

To the OP: Telsa service by most accounts stinks. I have no first hand negative experience because my Telsa has never needed service.

Important to realize when comparing Telsa to other car brands, those brands make money on their service departments, in fact I believe it has been reported that the service department brings in far more to a traditional dealership than sales does.
Telsa is making next to nothing on service right now, as most cars are still under warranty.
That huge difference cannot be overstated. BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Acura can provide you with white glove 5 star service because you and fellow owners of the brand are paying for it, whether you realize it or not.
That is the real reason why their service is poor, as time passes Telsa will improve their service, right now it is low on the priority list for them.

The car itself is a joy to drive and on average needs far less servicing throughout it's lifetime.
So if you love the car but hate the service; ask yourself how often will you need to actually deal with them.

True, but my brand new car has defects, and the Tesla delivery team keeps referring to their Service. On the contrary, the Tesla Service team is amazing. My issues or problems are with the Delivery Team and they do have poor ratings for a reason.

If you're really interested in buying a Model 3, I have a black SR + with just over 3000 miles that I want to sell. It's in perfect condition and has been housed in my garage since I got it in 2019. Let me know if you're interested.

I wonder if you'll do better with the national resellers that don't seem to distinguish b/t trims as much. vs the more in the know folks here