Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Selling Car Sept21, future models and the competition

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Mr Miserable

Supporting Member
Jul 8, 2019
UK
Referral Code
Whilst I expected Sep sales of the Model 3 in the UK to be good, I didn't expect it would achieve best selling car of the month during a month where the new registration plate in the UK boosts sales of all cars, but it did!

Car Registrations

Congratulations Tesla!

New car sales remain depressed overall but that could be a supply issue rather then demand.

Indeed Congrats.

At this rate BEV's may almost out sell Diesels this year :rolleyes:

Am I the only cup half full person who sees this and wonders what a line of 6879 model 3s queuing for a supercharger would look like?
I have to say that out on the roads I'm spotting 3 or 4 a day now without really trying.
I won't mind all those cars using the superchargers as long as they DON'T CHARGE TO 100%!

Reactions: adsheff and davidmc
I have to say that out on the roads I'm spotting 3 or 4 a day now without really trying.
I won't mind all those cars using the superchargers as long as they DON'T CHARGE TO 100%!
Also just to remind everyone about etiquette & priority.

Model S first followed by X then 19 plate Model 3s. The rest after this can fight it out 👍

Whilst I expected Sep sales of the Model 3 in the UK to be good, I didn't expect it would achieve best selling car of the month during a month where the new registration plate in the UK boosts sales of all cars, but it did!

Car Registrations

Congratulations Tesla!

New car sales remain depressed overall but that could be a supply issue rather then demand.
Definately this.
I've bought Jaguars/Range Rovers for 20 years largely because I support UK manufacturing, but telling your prospective customers that the leadtime on a new vehicle is 12 months is not an effective sales strategy (largely due to own goals in the design, usage and logistics of semi-conductors in their manufacturing).

I think loads of people just sit there watching Netflix until it hits 100. I've got the splash-and-dash off to a fine art, so there are often people there when I arrive, still there when I leave.

I think part of the issue is the predictometer. Could be more accurate in the winter. But also the "10 minutes until you can carry on your journey" thing seems to not be massively accurate, and if you go past the 10 minutes, it just assumes you're going to 100 and changes to "20 minutes ......."

Reactions: Yachtsman
Tesla M3s are everywhere, rarely a day goes by without me seeing at least 1.
September is the second month this year where it has been the best selling car, br none.
On the plus side If it carries on like this pretty soon they will be so common I will no longer have to explain to EVERY person I give a lift to how the door handle works so they can get in and then again on how to get out. :)

just push the big bit, no the big bit. yes that's it. now grab the.....no no don't stop pushing the big bit. you grab it while..... never mind ill come round.

Tesla M3s are everywhere, rarely a day goes by without me seeing at least 1.
September is the second month this year where it has been the best selling car, br none.

The monthly stats don't really tell the story. Tesla backload nearly all their deliveries into the quarter end, so March, June, September and December are nearly always 'record' months.

It's great they are selling lots of cars, but it needs to be put in proper perspective.

On the plus side If it carries on like this pretty soon they will be so common I will no longer have to explain to EVERY person I give a lift to how the door handle works so they can get in and then again on how to get out. :)

just push the big bit, no the big bit. yes that's it. now grab the.....no no don't stop pushing the big bit. you grab it while..... never mind ill come round.

If my petrolhead friends get a bit ratty over this unnecessary modern abomination I point out that it's not hugely dissimilar to the way the handles work on a 1950s Mercedes 300SL Gullwing ... that tends to quiet them down, since no self respecting car buff is going to to criticise a classic Gullwing even if only indirectly!

Ford don’t appear, given they have 2 of the best selling cars ytd you can only assume it’s as much supply issues as it is demand (which is also driving used car prices). It’s obvious Tesla are selling well, that’s great, beyond that I’m not sure we can draw conclusions until the dust settles