Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Big Things in the Back of a Model Y!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't have pictures but just moved house with my Y and can say you can fit and IKEA Expidit/Kallax 2x4 unit perfectly in the back with the seats down and a 2x2 fits in the boot without folding the seats.

Worktop sounds a bit too long. Might be able to jerry rig it between the front seats if you’re willing to Risk your screen.
I have had fence posts and 2x4s stacked up in my 3 and Y on the arm rest inches from the screen. One push on the brakes too hard and...........

I have owned 4 but probably the wrong 4.
Yes try the new ones with the icockpit. Especially the 5008s 1.2 pure tech petrol engine is amazingly creamy smooth and has so much low level grunt I thought I am driving my model 3. They have electric options available the current e2008 has improved quoted range of up to 253 miles but I think the one that will come in October has a new interior that looks miles better than any German ones. I think their steering is bit of love or hate sort of thing. I love that little steering wish model 3 had one of those!

A friend used his MY to take 4 of us to a cruise ship. 4 adults, 4 large suitcases (one had to be positioned between the rear seats), 4 small suitcase/rucksacks (1 frunk with other stuff, 2 under the rear underfloor area, 1 on the floor between the rear passenegrs), 2 suit carriers for the obligatory Dinner Jackets, some Dress carriers (on top of suitcases), a camera bag and 2 oversized handbags (wherever there was a gap) and I'm sure I've missed something. I'm amazed it all went in to be honest, but it did. I wouldn't fancy a 14 day driving tour like that but for the journey we did it was fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: UkNorthampton
I have owned 4 but probably the wrong 4.
And forgot to add the 5008 is a 7seater but those rear seats can be removed or folded. The last two are only for kids but with all 7 seats up there is barely any room for luggage. So it is an ideal 5seater with occasional use of 7seats. The middle row seats slide and has very good leg room even in the normal position. If you forget the rear end it is an amazing practical car considering we don’t get the Model Y 7 seater here.