Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Big Things in the Back of a Model Y!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone got a IKEA worktop 640x2430x30 in the back of a Model Y????

What biggest thing you got in your trunk.. so me photo's!
May be not the biggest one thing but 12 bags of various composts from garden centre. Loads of room and without dropping back seats!

Attachments

• IMG_9103.jpeg
    IMG_9103.jpeg
    762 KB · Views: 145
Reactions: SO16
Haha, same. We also filled it with everything we needed for a month+ trip to Colorado, and another trip we moved everything off the boat we lived on, and another trip filled with supplies for a trip to New Mexico.

The utility of the Model Y is amazing. If you take the deck boards out you'll get more depth for large objects but I like have the separation for organization.

Attachments

• PXL_20230422_190848435.jpg
    PXL_20230422_190848435.jpg
    597.1 KB · Views: 76
Reactions: SO16
So am I the only one a bit disappointed by the boot space of the MY then? I don't seem to be able to get as much into it as I thought I would?. Overall the space is big but the shape is a bit limiting. Can't seem get 4 large suitcases in which I could in my Skoda Octavia. The slope is quite steep and the tailgate trim seems to encroach into the boot a long way. I am forever closing it and finding it hits something and I have to re-organise.
I would love it if the seats were on a slide. I know there is a tilt which helps but there is way more leg room than my kids need. I would love to be able to re-distribute some of that space to the boot.

Reactions: Zilla91
So am I the only one a bit disappointed by the boot space of the MY then? I don't seem to be able to get as much into it as I thought I would?. Overall the space is big but the shape is a bit limiting. Can't seem get 4 large suitcases in which I could in my Skoda Octavia. The slope is quite steep and the tailgate trim seems to encroach into the boot a long way. I am forever closing it and finding it hits something and I have to re-organise.
I would love it if the seats were on a slide. I know there is a tilt which helps but there is way more leg room than my kids need. I would love to be able to re-distribute some of that space to the boot.
For road trips I've found that getting rid of the sub-trunk divider (at home) allows to enjoy the deep sub trunk + all of the above space much more efficiently. In this configuration there is almost nothing that wouldn't fit.
But I agree that In terms of length, I would have liked just a couple more inches between the tailgate & rear seats at times.

Anyone got a IKEA worktop 640x2430x30 in the back of a Model Y????

What biggest thing you got in your trunk.. so me photo's!
The length of the MY with rear seats folded and driver seat moved forwards slightly so that I can still drive is just over 2 metres, so you would not be able to transport a 2.4m worktop. Unless the boot lid is open.

A door that measures 185 x 80 cm fits easily.

A 2.4m long piece of timber fits if it rests on the drivers arm rest, but only because its narrow enough to fit between the driver and passenger seat.

2 big labradors. ..who could both lie down comfortably in their beds without touching each other (because if they touch when lying down it's a disaster 🤷‍♂️)

And all our stuff for a 4 day trip up north for 4 people under the boot floor with some jackets in the frunk.

We have been impressed with the space but haven't really tried to move a lot of large stuff yet

Likewise. If they had just extended the roofline and made it a proper estate instead of some awful looking coupe/suv