Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bioweapon mode experience - how often do you all use it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had my '21 MYP for about 4 months now and I have used BWDM about 5 times now.... first time just to try it out for fun and the rest to clear out a smelly fart or food smells. The fans shift to max output when you use BWDM so its not something you usually want to just leave on.

Don't have it in my Y but do in the S. Unfortunately for it to create a positive pressure in the cabin to be effective, annoyingly full speed fan is required and remains so until you turn it off. I honestly believe this was designed for California brush fires where I am sure it would be useful maybe once every few years other wise not sure why anyone would use it regularly. Maybe I will give it a try next time I pick up take out to see if the smell gets removed faster than opening the windows in the garage. Good news is being used so little will allow the filter to last for the life of the car.
Bit late, but filters degrade over time. So define life of the car. Probably needs replacing every 3 years.

To me, the best thing about the Bioweapon junk is simply the redesigned intake that "might" prevent at least a little water/moisture intrusion into the system. I still don't think it's "perfect", but it's a definite improvement over the original intake design. All that being said, I have allergies and when it's high pollen season around here, I've used it before and although I don't have any verifiable evidence...I do seem to "feel" better using this mode vs not on trips.